FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
I'm sorry...but is there any valid reason as to why this guy continues to get a race seat each year? It seems to me all he ever does is make mistakes, drive erratically and cause accidents. Surely the team costs of fixing his car after so many shunts must begin to outweigh what he brings from Venezuela... :hehe:

Thoughts?
He is good financially and I think that is what Lotus want considering a few years ago, they were failing to pay Raikkonen. He brings in a lot of money for the team and I think that counts to a lot of teams who feel could do a bit better financially.
What was the outcome of his coming together with Button?

McLaren’s Jenson Button has dropped from 13th to 14th in the Chinese Grand Prix results after accepting blame for his late coming-together with Lotus’s Pastor Maldonado. Button had five seconds added to his race time and was docked two penalty points for the misdemeanour.

From the F1 website: http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-web ... ision.html

I never get tired of this Maldonado video. https://vimeo.com/40820211?hc_location=ufi:rofl:
Everyone has to be somewhere, plus if any of us lot here were put in an F1 car, we'd probably struggle to get it out the garage. If we did, we'd probably s*** ourselves. Plus he brings a lot of financial backing, and is far from the first driver to do so.
What was the outcome of his coming together with Button?

McLaren’s Jenson Button has dropped from 13th to 14th in the Chinese Grand Prix results after accepting blame for his late coming-together with Lotus’s Pastor Maldonado. Button had five seconds added to his race time and was docked two penalty points for the misdemeanour.

From the F1 website: http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-web ... ision.html

I never get tired of this Maldonado video. https://vimeo.com/40820211?hc_location=ufi:rofl:

Yeah, in this case I do believe Button was at fault...
Everyone has to be somewhere, plus if any of us lot here were put in an F1 car, we'd probably struggle to get it out the garage. If we did, we'd probably s*** ourselves. Plus he brings a lot of financial backing, and is far from the first driver to do so.

Im under no illusion about what it takes to drive one of these cars and Maldonado has shown that he can but on track there has to be a certain trust between the drivers. Everyone can and has made mistakes but Maldonado has made more than his fair share and a couple of times its even looked deliberate so I'd be surprised if there isn't a lack of trust among some of the other drivers.
It's kinda interesting that we are getting on Maldonado for his crashing antics, but not so long ago, spins, crashes and collisions were a every race event, look at how many times Schumacher and Hill collided during their battles from 1994-1996, that's just one example and both were considered top drivers.
It's kinda interesting that we are getting on Maldonado for his crashing antics, but not so long ago, spins, crashes and collisions were a every race event, look at how many times Schumacher and Hill collided during their battles from 1994-1996, that's just one example and both were considered top drivers.

Yah but Schumacher did some of them on purpose.

I MAY HAVE BEEN 4 BUT I REMEMBER SCHUMACHER FANS!
It's not just those two drivers, it was quite commonplace in the 80s and 90s for collisions to happen, some deliberate, some accidental. The point is that we just accepted it and didn't worry about investigations or punishments, it was just part of racing, these days when a collision happens it's like a murder inquest.
It's not just those two drivers, it was quite commonplace in the 80s and 90s for collisions to happen, some deliberate, some accidental. The point is that we just accepted it and didn't worry about investigations or punishments, it was just part of racing, these days when a collision happens it's like a murder inquest.

You don't even have to go that far back!! Remember 2011?
I think Hamilton and Massa collided at every other race!!

You don't even have to go that far back!! Remember 2011?
I think Hamilton and Massa collided at every other race!!

That was only because Rob was telling Massa to destroy Lewis' races.

See our F1 related articles too!