FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
So I've not been around much lately and I missed doing this for the Australian GP (the perils of two icky kids) but I was wondering if anyone fancied doing a food-a-long with me?

I’m intending to cook or eat something on race weekend connected to where the race is being held. The link between food and place can be as tenuous as you like!

I haven’t decided on a food for the Malaysian GP yet. Although I’m half-Malaysian, I don’t have a huge repertoire. My current thoughts are either laksa (a spicy noodle soup) or bakkwa, a dried meat like jerky only sweet and absolutely amazing and something I can’t seem to get in the UK :(

So, does anyone else fancy giving this a go? Pictures are, of course, a must! If we get enough entries over the course of the season, I’d happily put up a small prize. Informal rules:
- You don’t need to enter something for every race
- You can enter a starter, main and dessert for every race
- The link between food and race can be tenuous but will need an explanation if it's not immediately obvious
- You must have cooked the food yourself - a takeaway from your local Chinese for the Chinese GP does not count :hehe:
Hi, there, Selcouth_Feline!!

This is a great idea! Unfortunately for me, Malaysia on in the wee hours of the morning (3:00 a.m.)
and there isn't anything on the menu, except for coffee to keep my eyes open!!
Well we tucked into Chinese last night, not too disimilar to the food eaten in Malaysia, so we think we've done our bit for this weekend. Is anyone else planning to have a special meal, perhaps a penang curry or chicken satay, to celebrate F1 touching down in Malaysia for the fifteenth consecutive year - which I still can't get my head around as I remember the first like it was yesterday! :eek:
Here's the thread on it with some suggestions for dishes.

Sorry, didn't take any pics though. Monaco should be fun.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10493&hilit=f1+menu+crocodile&start=0

Ah, I had forgotten about that thread! Good work! :D

Yes, Monaco, all that has to be consumed in a hot-tub with person(s) willing to exchange favours for money... :hehe:

:yikes::hehe:
Well we tucked into Chinese last night, not too disimilar to the food eaten in Malaysia, so we think we've done our bit for this weekend. Is anyone else planning to have a special meal, perhaps a penang curry or chicken satay, to celebrate F1 touching down in Malaysia for the fifteenth consecutive year - which I still can't get my head around as I remember the first like it was yesterday! :eek:

I had a Chinese takeaway earlier in the week. That's as near as I'm going to get this weekend :hehe:

See our F1 related articles too!