No votes
0%
9 Best race of the season
6%
10 One for the Ages!
No votes
0%
Rate the first race of the season!
Last edited by overboost on 16 Mar 15, 01:27, edited 1 time in total.
I went with "some good battles", as there were a few that kept me awake at 2:00 a.m.!!

The one we were denied is the one I was actually anticipating!!
Kimi vs Massa!! :(
I went for 'competitive racing' but on second glance wish I'd voted 'some good battles.'

The racing between the rookies was top-notch, I guess it's nice to see fresh talent!
Exciting to see who'd come out on top between VET and MAS for a while. Nasr was great.

I actally rather enjoyed it...it's just such a shame ROS seems so defeated this year. But hopefully things will change and he'll challenge HAM more as the season unfolds.
Looking forward to Malaysia!!
P.S. Why are comments on this forum so few and far between? There are almost 70 views on this topic alone and only a handful of comments? :confused:
I'm not able to see the options yet (using my phone), so will look later. The race for me is one that I can understand people not rating it highly if they were mainly interested in a close battle for the lead, but from my perspective there were a lot of good inter-team battles all down the grid. It's great to see that the pecking order (apart from Mercedes) being shaken up somewhat.
Good thread, a topic that is always quite successful on autosport.com

I went for 5... some good battles indeed throughout the field (apart from the front), much of which were incredibly entertaining.
I gave the race a generous three. Too few cars on track, too few passes, bad pitwork, and a huge gap at the front.

Good though to see Sauber on track (in spite of Monisha's legal screwups) and scoring points! And Arnold was a surprise.

I gave the race a generous three. Too few cars on track, too few passes, bad pitwork, and a huge gap at the front.

Good though to see Sauber on track (in spite of Monisha's legal screwups) and scoring points! And Arnold was a surprise.

Huge gaps at the front have always occurred in F1 from time to time. Not ideal of course, but not necessarily out of the ordinary either. I don't think there was a drought of passing, but all other points I agree with. Some of the pitwork was shocking!

And what a turn-around for Sauber. :yes:
Indeed, that's something that hasn't really been brought up too much, but some of the pit stops were very amateur. It looked as though many of the teams hadn't touched a jack or wheel gun since the end of last season! I did nearly laugh out loud when the camera went to Franz Tost during one of their stops and he gave a look of disdain.
... some of the pit stops were very amateur. It looked as though many of the teams hadn't touched a jack or wheel gun since the end of last season!...

True!! And, that's all the more unbelievable, considering the pit crews actually practice, over the winter!!

Huge gaps at the front have always occurred in F1 from time to time. Not ideal of course, but not necessarily out of the ordinary either. I don't think there was a drought of passing, but all other points I agree with. Some of the pitwork was shocking!

Unfortunately I think that the gap at the front is alot bigger than was shown in Australia. I doubt that the Merc was operating at top performance settings and that Hamilton was managing the race and could have pulled a much larger gap if he had a mind to.

Malaysia is a real track so it will be interesting to see the results there. But I expect the Mercedes is better suited to Malaysia with its medium and fast corners loading up the tires.

Unfortunately I think that the gap at the front is alot bigger than was shown in Australia. I doubt that the Merc was operating at top performance settings and that Hamilton was managing the race and could have pulled a much larger gap if he had a mind to.

Malaysia is a real track so it will be interesting to see the results there. But I expect the Mercedes is better suited to Malaysia with its medium and fast corners loading up the tires.

I think they will be even better suited, yeah, Merc were unsurpassable in Sepang last year. I hope this is a more entertaining/eventful one though, as Malaysia was one of the dullest Grands Prix of 2014 IMHO.
The average rating for Australia is 4.6

See our F1 related articles too!