FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Another glorious season about to commence. :cloud9:

I wouldn't say glorious if its as boring as some of last years were.

Well that's probably because you're still supporting a team which died ages ago.
I think that the only thing we can assume is that Mercedes will be fast and likely winners. I'm interested to see what the upgraded Renault PU can do in the back of the Red Bull. I suspect Williams will be fast, evolving their car from 2014, other than that, who knows what will happen, the biggest unknown will be McLaren, they could be blistering or they could end up with a double DNF!
As a fan, I'm pretty anxious to see just what Ferrari has accomplished.
There have been a lot of changes, this winter and I am hopeful that
Australia will be just the beginning on the road to the front.

Why subject yourself the boredom?

I watch in the wild hope that an actual 'race' might break out. ;) not a procession.

Well that's probably because you're still supporting a team which died ages ago.

are we no longer allowed to remain a fan of a team just because its ceased to be?

Thats odd because I know many people that are fans of such teams and still wear the team clothing, ie:- BRM, Surtees, Hesketh etc etc ;)

are we no longer allowed to remain a fan of a team just because its ceased to be?

Thats odd because I know many people that are fans of such teams and still wear the team clothing, ie:- BRM, Surtees, Hesketh etc etc ;)

Not at all, I said that based on your claim that last season was boring. Despite Mercedes allowing their drivers to race each other hard the entire way. I had a blast, since there was racing between the leaders and also in midfield. If you found this boring you're either not a racing fan or you're just not liking the action the current leaders are providing. Which leads me to assume you want some defunct team (or another) at front....which really doesn't make this anyone else's problem. The racing is there. Unlike when non-racing teams like Redbull and Ferrari were dominating.

:wink:
Not saying it's the case with Cevert, but in the instances we've seen of people complaining of the year being boring it's been shown that what they really were complaining about was their chosen team or driver getting their @ss handed to them.
...The racing is there. Unlike when non-racing teams like Redbull and Ferrari were dominating.

Those teams were racing against the rest of the grid. They didn't have the luxury of freezes and a ban on in-season testing.
These variables make a fair comparison difficult.
...The racing is there. Unlike when non-racing teams like Redbull and Ferrari were dominating.

Those teams were racing against the rest of the grid. They didn't have the luxury of freezes and a ban on in-season testing.

IMO wanting to change the agreed upon rules is as close to cheating as you can get :thumbup:

The Ferrari of 2001, 2002 and 2004 was mighty dominant and were busy switching positions on the last lap earning boos from grandstands, staging deadheats at finishes and what not....and they made those years jokes. And not funny jokes either.

Redbull were either bloody smart in hiding it or Webber was indeed cursed in some major way, since there was close to NO racing between these two....and also in dominant machinery when Vettel won 9 races in a row. Neither Merc driver even came close to this run.

Mercedes in their first season in their modern era of F1 racing managed to stage a battle at the front, risking their chances in a way Ferrari and Redbull were too pu$$y to do. And you will never get the fact that they have no such luxury on whatever you're spouting (no matter how much others explain it...and I'm not wasting my time). Fact remains they did the best job in preparing for the new regulations, are wiping the floor with everyone else, and at the same time....giving us a show at the front, without idiotic antics like deadheats and position switching around. So far no Merc driver has earned boos on the podium (except Nico, but that was on him not the TEAM).....Schumacher was booed to hell, of course you missed this era so what do you know.

Cevert, I struggle with that comment. Because last year the racing for the main part wasn't boring. We had battles for the lead between the Merc drivers, battles for position throughout the field, a lot of overtaking and frequently, faster cars out of position coming through the field. There was good quality racing and the cars were more skittish than previously.

If you'd said, " I wouldn't say glorious, because the team/ driver I support had no chance of winning", then I would understand your viewpoint, I wouldn't agree with it, but I'd understand it. I'd understand that seeing your teem/ driver win is of paramount importance for you to enjoy the Grand Prix.

I love my team and driver to win. So last year for me was a double delight. I watched good racing and my team and driver won. :cloud9:
But wind back a few years, to Silverstone ( can't remember the year sorry) and you have Alonso and Hamilton going head to head. Silverstone is on its feet! I am screaming myself hoarse. The best two drivers on the grid are duking it out no holds barred. Fantastic! Now let me tell you that neither driver had any chance of winning that race, they were both in uncompetitive cars and they were racing for 15 th and 16th place. But no way on earth was it boring!!

See our F1 related articles too!