FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Another glorious season about to commence. :cloud9:
Will Mclaren finish the race? If they do then they will be a force to contend with at some point. If they cant sort out their act by then, we could be looking at a year or 2 of Bar/Honda/Button missing balance, with some samurai side swipes from Alonso. Red Bull Renault struggled to complete a lap through testing last year yet found a way to cheat their way to the end of the race. Seeing as the Red Bull dirty tricks aero department has been transplanted to McLaren it could all be down to getting the engine working properly after a load of race weekends (depending on how 2 drivers who have both developed cars down a cul de sac in the last couple of years, go about things)

I think we will see Red Bull in midfield in Aus, Williams will be leading the customers, Lotus could pull a surprise with RoGro, who could really join the top 3 drivers on the grid at last. Force India could be the last customer, Ferrari will be behind all the customers - w have seen them stuck down the grid only ahead of Sauber and Str once they started fueling the car for more than a couple of laps

We need to see Honda in quali to have any idea, but on paper they could still be behind Merc on performance and DF, I think they waste Ferrari and Red Bull th times the car completes fast laps

All in all, probably the 2nd most exciting and unpredictable opening race many years - I really cant wait especially as we should finally see the whingers boycott F1 once and for all, since the speeds are still as slow as the start of last year, and there is no competition and Ferrari are gonna turn up in LMp and dominate using algae powered Ices with no spark plugs
Alonso has a question mark over whether he will compete in the first race. Could be Button and Mags again.
It would be hilarious if Mags ends up ahead of Button again.
That did cross my mind :hehe:
They're keeping fairly quiet about it.Theyve said it wasn't the car, and it is a place other drivers have gone off.mbut they been very vague. And mixed reports about his condition.
McLaren is blaming 'gusty winds'. Lol. 'Gusty winds'. Guess a 2x Champ can't hold his own when a little wind affects his car? Cool story Ron.
There's a pic floating around Twitter with the skid mark left after the crash. I'd be very concerned if a gust of wind being the official excuse could do that.

Whatever it is it's a Honda issue, otherwise Ron wouldn't be doing cartwheels to obfuscate what should be a simple explanation. They hadn't talked to Alonso about the crash... Really?
BUD!! How are you?

Going to the first race...Mega! You keeping up with all the twists and turns of F1?
McLaren are saying Alonso will race. TBH I'd imagine they'd have to lock him up for him to not!

I wouldn't say we can judge their season that much by if they (Mclaren) finish the first race or not, as there are so many variables that can cause any team not to finish.

First race came around fairly quick for me this year! I think there is a fair bit to look forward to, I just hope it doesn't all end up focusing only on Mercedes in the live coverage.

I'm also curious to see how Vettel and Raikkonen compare.

I think if the Lotus turns out to have decent pace, we'll start seeing more from Grosjean. I think poor cars have masked his true performance/ potential in recent history.
I agree with that Vaptin, about Grosjean, I think after a slightly tumultuous start he settled down into a very good, very fast driver, and then he didn't have the car. Im really looking forward to seeing him in a fast Lotus.

Regarding live coverage focusing on the merc's, I think that will happen if the Mecs are battling each other, if one or both streak of into the distance but aren't actually batting I would expect the coverage to concentrate on other battles that may be happenning elsewhere.
I am looking forward to hearing these mosquitoes in the flesh!

I would love to read an essay from you as a true McLaren fan, describing what it feels like to have Alonso back on the team.

See our F1 related articles too!