FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Ferrari and Sauber top the charts at the start of the first tests, Williams and Mercedes START topping the charts the closer quali comes

Even Mclaren are comfortably matching Ferrari now that the red cars have more than a couple of laps of fuel onboard
Over 100 laps by Button, more encouraging for McLaren. Not sure if they had ever managed close to a race distance in previous tests.

Is it mandated they must swap drivers? I'm not sure why they don't just use Button for all 4 days of testing?
Mags is in the car m and they've changed the number on the car to Mags number. Which I think was a nice thing to do.
Over 100 laps by Button, more encouraging for McLaren. Not sure if they had ever managed close to a race distance in previous tests.

Is it mandated they must swap drivers? I'm not sure why they don't just use Button for all 4 days of testing?

Its way more useful to have opinions and feedback from different drivers than from just one. And Jenson is not famous for supplying the most objective feedback. Im sure it was probably Arai himself up all night to change the car number to Mags
Just spotted this on twitter......

@MercF1Fans: Big rumor coming out from @f1technical about @MercedesAMGF1 - they can easily do a 1:21.5 on the SOFT

Also apparantly Merc are working over lunch in a big experimental set up change to try this afternoon.
Yup it looks like Alonso had an off track excursion :thumbup:

Thanks for that, are you sure its the right track, or the right year o that it was actually Alonso?

Wouldnt b th first time you cut and paste something without meaning?

We are still waiting for you to explain how 8 teams about to start the season in 2 weeks are not being allowed to compete. Maybe if you explained that we could move on the the trajectory dynamics of a rear axial energy harvesting F1 cars off track excursion :yikes:
I'm so surprised Mercedes didn't run super-softs and throw in some super fast laps because everyone knows Mercedes are easily favourites unless some team manages to find something that gives them 1.5+ seconds PER lap.

Interesting how Mercedes switched to a "floating" gearbox like McLaren have, it's obviously something they see real value in, I wonder how much of an increase it is to the rear diffusers performance
Good read. But Ferrari faster than RB? Don't buy it for a second. RB looked dead and buried last season in winter but they came out of the box pretty quick and took an easy 2nd. There are pretty smart guys in this team.

I expect them to trouble Williams consistently and duke it out for 2nd....but prevail in the end again with runners up spot due to better development rate. The question is can Williams beat Ferrari again with a much smaller budget, since the Ferrari looks much improved from last year.
We'll just have to see. I'd like to see Ferrari fastest of all, that is not happening but I think they'll be 3rd, maybe 4th best on the grid this year.

Alonso is no longer driving for them.

See our F1 related articles too!