FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
These threads have always been very enjoyable in years gone by, so I thought I'd get one started before next week.

With regard to launch dates, quite a number of teams have yet to decide, but nonetheless we have the following lined up:

21st Jan - Force India
29th Jan - McLaren
30th Jan - Ferrari

Lots to look forward to, and this can be the thread where we discuss the new shapes and colours. And of course, the finer technical aspects too. :)
Mercedes are keeping very quet about it. They keep taunting their fans on Twitter but won't let on anything.

Good thread Lew! :thumbup:
ThisisF1 Valtteri Bottas thinks the odd look of formula one cars is about to end.

Last year, unseemly ‘anteater’, ‘vacuum cleaner’, ‘walrus-tusked’ and other descriptively-derided solutions filled the grid as designers made the most of the new aerodynamic rules and loopholes.

Those regulations have been tidied up for 2015, and Williams’ Bottas thinks the outcome will result in “a far neater look” at the front of all the cars this year.

“The rules are quite strict now,” he is quoted by the Finnish broadcaster MTV3, “so I think they will all be basically similar.

“I do not think we will see any more unusual solutions,” Bottas added.

The minimum weight of the cars has also been slightly lifted, at the same time as designers get to grips with the radical set of regulations that arrived last year.

It means drivers can now relax slightly, after drastically dieting this time a year ago.

“I have set a certain (personal) weight limit,” said Bottas, “but the situation is not as bad as last year. But it’s true that some other teams had bigger problems than we ever did.”
Mercedes AMG fan page (not official) had shared this recently.

It's a beast! :twisted:
That's the direction everyone seems to be headed in. A combination of the Ferrari/Mercedes noses and the Red Bull nose of last year.

[youtube]pSN4fseeCGU[/youtube]

Apparently the Merc solution was the best, but the new regs didnt want to give an advantage to Merc by letting them not have to adapt. So the new regs require dumbing down the nose to a more 'equalised' compromise to average out the competent and the less able. So we will have everyone looking like a blend of McLaren/RBR/Ferrari and Lotus.

So for the b!tches moaning about F1 being about development and progress, guess what, the regs back off from the frontier to help the lame

The welfare state in F1 is a beacon even the Obama administration can admire
I didn't see anything definite that would imply that the Merc solution was best, but it did work very well for them. Enough so that the FiA rules specifically point out no twin noses like Lotus (for safety reasons) and no U shaped noses exactly what Merc introduced in their nose revision early in the season.
Feb 1st for the W06.

:clap: 12 days left to view the 2015 Winner!!
...the FiA rules specifically point out no twin noses like Lotus (for safety reasons) and no U shaped noses exactly what Merc introduced in their nose revision early in the season.

Stefan Ruitenberg  wrote:">A closer look at the 2015 nose cone regulations

... Just like the year before, the new rules attempt to lower the noses because of safety and creates headaches with engineers on how to claw back the lost downforce. The rear is especially likely going to suffer, as getting air underneath the car and into the rear diffuser was the main reason for the high noses in the first place...
Welcome to the world of leaked photos.

Williams only confirmed the Hackett sponsorship today so this could be very accurate.

Edit: F1 mag was given a rendering of their 2014 car last year at around this time, so this could actually be the CAD rendering of William's car. Weclome to 2015, the year of the nub nose, or the "The pool was cold" noses

Those martini stripes are hard core

its almost worth ditching all the other sponsors and starving to death to have a pure white car wuth just those stripes on :hehe:

See our F1 related articles too!