FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Lewis has been awful in q3 by his standards this year

Needs to sort it out next year
Don't like the way all those Germans are celebrating....in the Merc garage...
But at the mo...Lewis is where he needs to be to win WDC...& give Nico a lot of wet pants moments tomorrow..
And..let's face it ...it would be boring if Lewis had got pole......but I wouldn't have minded it...
But the Bernie magical mystery.do dah....need a race..not a walk over...
But at the mo...Lewis is where he needs to be to win WDC...& give Nico a lot of wet pants moments tomorrow..
And..let's face it ...it would be boring if Lewis had got pole......but I wouldn't have minded it...

Lewis' car is setup for the race more than Nicos

we suspected it, Toto confirmed it
makes sense
Hopefully the Williams don't cause any trouble in the opening laps. If they do clear Lewis they don't need to worry, Williams have generally been bad with the strategy this season.

makes sense

Yeah...cmon Lewis 8-) ...put on a show... :wavey:
But he will want to dispose of Nico ASAP..... :D

makes sense

It's nothing different than what's been going on all year though.
I think Lewis' car will be faster in the race, as his setup is more focussed toward the race as Toto confirmed. Therefore Lewis will be behind Nico attempting to overtake at his leisure.
He will have several opportunities

1 - Seb did this last year. The first corner could see some late braking by Lewis which could cause Nico to go off track as we know he doesnt have the 'technique' to brake later than Lewis. -So thats the first opportunity for Lewis
2 - Then after drs is enabled we could see some fun and games as he stalks Nico into the zones
3- Then Lewis can save his tyres and fuel even while pushing Nico into using up his and then bang in some hammertime at the pit stop
4 - Even after the pit stop he can attack Nico using his superior tyre management racecraft while Nico either takes too much out of his or doesnt get the up to speed quickly enough
5 - Backmarkers - Lewis can track Nico and use the backmarkers as a distraction to mug him
6 - Final lap - If he chooses not to do any of the above he could wait till the last lap to pull his master stroke - DO NOTHING AT ALL AND STAY A POSITION BEHIND

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Lewis will most likely be faster tomorrow. In Brazil Rosberg was imperious all weekend and come the race Lewis was comfortably faster and the same happened in Japan and Austin.

See our F1 related articles too!