FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
I hope McLaren overhaul Ferrari here in the WCC.

Apart from Lewis clinching what he deserves this season of course.
I do hope that Lewis can get the required second place to secure the world drivers title, I think any other outcome will make a mockery out of the whole season, Lewis has been the better race driver (where the points are scored), Rosberg has definitely had the edge in qualifying.
I do hope that Lewis can get the required second place to secure the world drivers title, I think any other outcome will make a mockery out of the whole season, Lewis has been the better race driver (where the points are scored), Rosberg has definitely had the edge in qualifying.

To me, if Rosberg wins, this will p*ss off a lot and I mean a lot of fans. Bernie needs to go
Brazil was a big confidence booster for Rosberg. Abu Dhabi could be another win and a possible championship, all it would take is another Hamilton slide for him to take it.

The key to this race will be getting pole position.
Brazil was a big confidence booster for Rosberg. Abu Dhabi could be another win and a possible championship, all it would take is another Hamilton slide for him to take it.

And all it would take is another Rosberg Skittering off through chicanes to lose it.
Lewis only needs to come second.

Lewis doesn't need pole to win the championship.

And all it would take is another Rosberg Skittering off through chicanes to lose it.

Lewis needs to finish as high as second because of his error today (and in qually yesterday which put him behind Rosberg in the first place). If he had won the race he could have finished as low as fifth in AbuDD to win the wdc. He has left himself the narrowest of margins if Rosberg executes again as he demonstrated in Brazil.

The pressure is on Hamilton also as the expected winner from the first practice this year. In my opinion he should be gunning for pole with a strategy of leading the race from start to finish - he may not 'need' pole but it is the safest place to be.

Rosberg on the other hand has relatively little pressure, in a way he has already exceeded expectations this season and he is still sitting with a good chance of winning the title. All that is needed for him is for another Hamilton slip up, brake issue or for some other driver to have a good race - Ricciardo perhaps? Any one of a hundred things could come his way.

Lewis needs to finish as high as second because of his error today (and in qually yesterday which put him behind Rosberg in the first place). If he had won the race he could have finished as low as fifth in AbuDD to win the wdc. He has left himself the narrowest of margins if Rosberg executes again as he demonstrated in Brazil.

The pressure is on Hamilton also as the expected winner from the first practice this year. In my opinion he should be gunning for pole with a strategy of leading the race from start to finish - he may not 'need' pole but it is the safest place to be.

Rosberg on the other hand has relatively little pressure, in a way he has already exceeded expectations this season and he is still sitting with a good chance of winning the title. All that is needed for him is for another Hamilton slip up, brake issue or for some other driver to have a good race - Ricciardo perhaps? Any one of a hundred things could come his way.

And because of the errors Rosberg has made throughout the season and his inability generally to live with Hamilton during races, he now has to win the race at Abu dhabi and rely on Hamilton not following him home second. That really does leave him the narrowest of chances if Hamilton executes as he normally does in races ,whether he starts behind or in front of Rosberg..
I do hope so , but you never know with Bernie!
i would say the fact Nico has led for most of the season only to be overhauled at the business end, exactly the same scenario as earlier in their karting career - when Lewis turned up at Art and the established Nico led the whole way only for Lewis to turn it around and cane him in the last stretch - this is playing on Nicos mind - he already said earlier this year that would be 'too much'. Nico can start from pole and Lewis can stalk him and just match his pace the whole race.

Looking at the stats, any time Lewis has started on the front row he has finished on the front row, ofcourse Nico has not, so theres another thought for Nico to dwell on. Nico has to start on pole and win to have any chance. Lewis can start second and finish second, and with the Merc so dominant it really doesnt matter that he didnt win in Brazil, because unless he has a dnf etc, then it will be first or second.

Lewis can even afford to crash them both out at anytime

I think Nico has around a 10% chance of winning the WDC, I think I heard a rumour that Lewis has a fresh gearbox while Nicos has a few miles on it - so thats something else for Nico to think about at bedtime

Finally Abu Double is a good track for Lewis, Brazil hasnt been yet he came second

All in all it will be a pretty illogical straw clingon who thinks he can do anything other than provide the usual amusement for the Lewis fans during the next 2 weeks

Trying to convince yourself or others? With Merc having a dominant car Lewis has the luxury of cruise control from FP1 - end of the race while Nico will have to watch his back the entire way to see what Lewis is doing, I know who's shoes I much rather be in.
i would say the fact Nico has led for most of the season only to be overhauled at the business end, exactly the same scenario as earlier in their karting career - when Lewis turned up at Art and the established Nico led the whole way only for Lewis to turn it around and cane him in the last stretch - this is playing on Nicos mind - he already said earlier this year that would be 'too much'. Nico can start from pole and Lewis can stalk him and just match his pace the whole race.

Looking at the stats, any time Lewis has started on the front row he has finished on the front row, ofcourse Nico has not, so theres another thought for Nico to dwell on. Nico has to start on pole and win to have any chance. Lewis can start second and finish second, and with the Merc so dominant it really doesnt matter that he didnt win in Brazil, because unless he has a dnf etc, then it will be first or second.

Lewis can even afford to crash them both out at anytime

I think Nico has around a 10% chance of winning the WDC, I think I heard a rumour that Lewis has a fresh gearbox while Nicos has a few miles on it - so thats something else for Nico to think about at bedtime

Finally Abu Double is a good track for Lewis, Brazil hasnt been yet he came second

All in all it will be a pretty illogical straw clingon who thinks he can do anything other than provide the usual amusement for the Lewis fans during the next 2 weeks

That's your backup plan! Saw it in 1997, the other guy survived and won and the offending driver lost all of his points.

Really good suggestion. :thumbup:

The best way for Lewis to win the wdc is for him to only think of winning in Abu Dhabi. He won't do well just trying to come second, he only knows one way to race and that means going for it.
Last edited by overboost on 10 Nov 14, 04:59, edited 1 time in total.
If Rosberg wins the WDC he would be added to the list of less deserving champions; wouldn't be the first, certainly won't be the last. The '80s were rife with them, almost all involving Prost in some way. That guy could have had anywhere between two and seven crowns.

See our F1 related articles too!