FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
...now I KNOW you wont still be reading this far as your eyes have glazed over by now, dont forget the irelevant smiley in the reply that ignores the facts offered to you but sounds about right in lalaland

Anyway try again to work out which part MS has helped the 2014 drivers

Your condescension knows no limits.
Your patronizing tone knows no bounds.

Since you seem to be on a philosophical bent,
let me share one little gem with you:

No man is an island.

Try to work that one out! :wink:
dont forget the irelevant smiley in the reply that ignores the facts offered to you but sounds about right in lalaland

Like I said, knowing something is not the same as understanding it, but the more one tries the better one becomes

do you still believe MS shaped the 2014 car?
do you still believe MS shaped the 2014 engine?
do you still believe MS has had any influence on the success of the 2 drivers this year without been part of the management team?

Cant learn much by constantly changing the focus of any discourse

No man is an island.

A ship adrift in a sea of ignorance is not technically an island either :wink:
dont forget the irelevant smiley in the reply that ignores the facts offered to you but sounds about right in lalaland

Like I said, knowing something is not the same as understanding it, but the more one tries the better one becomes

do you still believe MS shaped the 2014 car?
do you still believe MS shaped the 2014 engine?
do you still believe MS has had any influence on the success of the 2 drivers this year without been part of the management team?

Cant learn much by constantly changing the focus of any discourse

No man is an island.

A ship adrift in a sea of ignorance is not technically an island either :wink:

Schumi HELPED in the development going on at Mercedes, while he was there, YES!!
Schumi's influence was felt in the results of the development he was involved in, YES!!

And, for the record, I'm learning plenty from you as to what NOT to do when others
don't agree with every word I utter / type! :wink:
Schumi HELPED in the development going on at Mercedes, while he was there, YES!!

in the development of what?? the new expresso machine? the engine? chassis? Lewis' afro? Did you know that the 2014 regs are different to the previous years by a big amount? Do you know that an engine and a car are developed by 2 different teams? Do you know that simulators are used by drivers to help provide feedback?
Schumi's influence was felt in the results of the development he was involved in, YES!!

yes, well spotted, if he was involved then his influence was probably felt, was he involved in the 2014 car? or the 2013 car? or maybe the 2015 car? or maybe the expresso machine has his name on it?
And, for the record, I'm learning plenty from you as to what NOT to do when others
don't agree with every word I utter / type! :wink:

To be fair you already have a well established routine for what is pretty much an everyday occurrence :thumbup:
Well, there you have it!!

You're graphic is bigger than my graphic, so you must be right!! :P

It's not bigger than mine......

By LRW
So did I hear right on the Sky F1 show on Friday?

Driver announcement this Wednesday, 3rd?

The more time goes on, the more I think Jenson will get a seat.
So did I hear right on the Sky F1 show on Friday?

Driver announcement this Wednesday, 3rd?

The more time goes on, the more I think Jenson will get a seat.

I admire your optimism LR, but lets say Jenson had any serious chance of a seat at this stage, dont you think there would be those within the team saying the way he has been treated, the public humiliation and metal abuse heaped upon his feathered shoulders renders a position in the team alongside Alonso untenable. This would be for the team to risk a driver harbouring a grudge, a driver who has confirmation that the team do not respect his well being careerwise, and a driver who produced his best only under the threat of the sack.
It would be discussed at some point that signing him up for a year comes with the risk of his performance collapsing after he gets paid - unless he goes on a pay per points scheme and we know he has rejected one alread claiming that as a WDC he should be paid for this kudos he brings to the team

Most important though is to sign Jenson now would be to admit that the team are a bunch of dithering incompetent unable to analyse the data on 2 drivers in a day before making a decision. However were they to dump him, then their reputation for putting the team, and the stakeholders interests first, and before sentiment or easy discisions will be enhanced and would be a great marker between the previous and the new

Then we have this perfectly timed primer for the 'decision' that had to be made a few days after the end of season without the media throng at the race etc. This tells you what they want to use as the excuse when Jenson is dumped from a great height into the sh!t, so that the splatter is minimal - that its not about performance, its about some other mysterious metric that has therefore had to take so long

Guys lets face it Jenson was history the day Ron came back

Bad news for Jenson Button but good news for Kevin Magnussen as Eric Boullier says his drivers' points tally won't dictate who races in 2015.

Expected to confirm Fernando Alonso as one of McLaren-Honda's drivers for next season, it is between Button and Magnussen as to who partners the Spaniard.

If points in 2014 were the deciding factor it would go to Button who outscored his rookie team-mate by 126 to 55.

And if qualifying played a role it would also go to Button, who qualified ahead of the Dane in 10 of 19 grands prix.

Luckily for Magnussen, Boullier says neither of those stats will factor.

"If it was all about statistics, it would be really easy," the McLaren Racing Director explained to Autosport.
As the time draws hear, the suspense mounts! Here's one opinion:

, James Galloway wrote:">Jenson Button or Kevin Magnussen? Five reasons for each driver staying at McLaren

As the wait continues for McLaren to announce their 2015 line-up, we look at Button and Magnussen's respective cases for a new contract...

Five reasons why Button should stay...
1. He has the experience
2. He delivers the points
3. He knows Honda
4. He won’t ruffle Alonso’s feathers
5. He isn’t actually that old

Five reasons why Magnussen should stay...
1. He will only get better
2. Dropping him wouldn’t reflect well on McLaren
3. He’s (significantly) cheaper
4. He won’t ruffle Alonso’s feathers
5. McLaren would have a line-up for the now and the future

There's also a video with Tim Kravitz, just follow the link.
I am not sure anyone really cares about Skys 5 points for each. Its not rocket science to work those out, we have gone way beyond that in this thread into the things not qpparent to a casual uninformed Sky reader

But thanks for providing someone elses opinion for us :thumbup:
Apparently Ron wants Mag however the rest of the major share holders want Button. However neither side has enough power to do what they would like.
Which may be why Ron has just paid a load of dosh to extend the buyout date of some of the shareholders till January.

See our F1 related articles too!