FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By racechick
:yikes::yikes: interesting indeed! Bigger changes afoot then.
Interdasting. :scratchchin: That's going to be the most passionate boardroom in the world. Might even be ripe for a VAG takeover in a year or two.
By CookinFlat6
Okok, I dont want to be blowing my own trumpet or anything (RC isnt responding to my hints :irked: ) but how often am I wrong????

He is gonna be driving miss monte

Those new boys at Ferrari arent half sharp, disposed of Monte and Alonso while making it look in the history books like both left because they didnt want to start winning again

thats why I cannot understand the donut move to pay Seb 50mill a year - well I can understand getting him in, on paper it makes the story easier to sell, and it sounds like they are fattening the calf or is that fattening the donkey to cash in on its likely inflated valuation with a public offering before its too late and then use the proceeds to buy another ailing giant, and strip Ferrari of whats actually worth something, stick it in Maserati and then build Maserati to replace Ferrari at the niche end of their portfolio - free money

Them boys are definitely up to something with Ferrari and I doubt the tifosi are gonna enjoy it one little bit

All IMHO ofcourse

My next bit of free killer F1 anaylsis - Hammer must replace Spankee at once :thumbup:
By myownalias
FIAT are selling 10% of their shares on European and American stock exchanges and the rest is being given to FIAT stock holders, so in summary, it's a money making scheme which actually means nothing in terms of ownership, Ferrari are not being sold.

It's a click-bait headline!
By racechick
:clap: yes well done Cookie! :clap: Bang on the money once again :thumbup:

But er :confused: what hints am supposed to be responding to??
By CookinFlat6
FIAT are selling 10% of their shares on European and American stock exchanges and the rest is being given to FIAT stock holders, so in summary, it's a money making scheme which actually means nothing in terms of ownership, Ferrari are not being sold.

hahaha, are you serious?? a public offering and listing means 10% of the company is outside the company, it also means the remaining 90% thats distributed to the sharehilders can be sold sepreately by them without selling their Fiat shares, It means the majority share in ferrari can now be aqcuired by anyone outside Fiat

Why do you always make these sweeping statements without even checking them out or thinking deeper? 'Honda like Jenson so he is staying at McLaren', 'the ease with which Ron got rid of the lame TP means he was always in control'

I understand that in the psst maybe members were more interested in the colours of the cars and in declaring their loyalty to a team, but nowadays facts and details are more important as people are talking more about the factual side of F1

Apoologies if it sounds like Ive gone off on one, and apologies if you can supply some info that indeed points to a seperate listing as 'Ferrari not been sold' such as shareholder stipulations or agreements, in which case I will profusely apologise
Last edited by CookinFlat6 on 29 Oct 14, 20:23, edited 1 time in total.

Not necessarily. A sale is outright, agreed but a spin off which is what this is, is not just a money making scheme. It's a way to gain value out of an asset that is locked at the moment within FIAT. A good analogy is selling the parts of a car getting you more money than selling the entire car.

I see already Ignorant people fixating on the technicality of it not being a "sale", but it's a FUNDAMENTAL shift in philosophy for the management of a company. It puts shares out there, shares that if an entity gains anything over 50% of they are the majority stakeholder and therefore the controlling entity. Value is all well and good, but if the stock price price drops substantially it makes the company very ripe for the picking in a friendly or hostile takeover manner. Today Ferrari is safe as a bug in a rug because of the FIAT insulation, but once spun off there will be no mother ship, they are beholden to the stock holders, stock price, PE ratios and most importantly sustained growth which is the only thing that investors really value nowadays.
By CookinFlat6

Just joking RC :hehe:
By CookinFlat6
I told you the Tifosi were not gonna be happy with Sergio once he starts doing what he does

Robert Dubb · Top Commenter · Detroit, Michigan
Money hungry pigs. Enzo is rolling in his grave
Reply · · 48 · 5 hours ago

Giancarlo Fruzzetti · Top Commenter
Increasingly unimpressed with Marchionne. No appreciation of tradition in the Italian manner. He sucks.
Reply · · 51 minutes ago
Hm, and what about Maserati? Going to stay with FIAT?

They're going to keep Maserati that's for sure, the brand has done nothing but rise and they have massively increased production. It won't be long until they're more profitable and less costly than Ferrari. IMO this is a push by FIAT to get while the getting is good, but once Ferrari has to play by the rules of the regular world because of shareholder obligations the old world order will no longer apply. Montezemolo's exit was a clarion of that.

EDIT: just did a little digging and...
Ferrari's vehicle sales were down 1 percent to 5,280 supercars during the first nine months while Maserati's volume more than tripled to 26,428 vehicles from 7,548 in the same period the year before. Maserati is getting a big boost from the Ghibli and Quattroporte sedans, FCA said.
By racechick

Just joking RC :hehe:

Just checking Cookie :wink:
By CookinFlat6
Hm, and what about Maserati? Going to stay with FIAT?

They're going to keep Maserati that's for sure, the brand has done nothing but rise and they have massively increased production. It won't be long until they're more profitable and less costly than Ferrari. IMO this is a push by FIAT to get while the getting is good, but once Ferrari has to play by the rules of the regular world because of shareholder obligations the old world order will no longer apply. Montezemolo's exit was a clarion of that.

EDIT: just did a little digging and...
Ferrari's vehicle sales were down 1 percent to 5,280 supercars during the first nine months while Maserati's volume more than tripled to 26,428 vehicles from 7,548 in the same period the year before. Maserati is getting a big boost from the Ghibli and Quattroporte sedans, FCA said.

Maserati are effectively much much more profitable than Ferrari already, as Sergio doesnt have to spunk 200 mill on a mid grid Maserati F1 team in return for brand value locked inside his shares.
ferraris F1 operation is run by ferrari
By CookinFlat6
I can safely say that I will be looking to go short as many Ferrari shares as i can at around midday the day they float. Its gonna be another Facebook

And ill be selling at the top to people like the :duckie: moderator, who will hold on, and keep posting the dumbest justification for why they are gonna turn around 'anytime now' and if possible Ill be there to supply more when he keeps buying as the price drops just like every other Ferrari Mythification Underwriter Gain
spanky, you've hit the nail on the head:

See our F1 related articles too!