FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By Hammer278
Unforunately we don't have a BMW Suport thread so I'm just leaving this here. Just took place yesterday and might make waves, seeing how the price tag is so hyped up for no goddamn reason....and maybe Ferrari might indeed be dust in less than 20 years. Spanked might've confused the brand for F1. :hehe:

[youtube]A3jqll4qQ0w#t=38[/youtube]

https://autos.yahoo.com/news/watch-bmw- ... 11292.html
It would be funny if Ferrari came out with a speciale version of the FF. The FFS.
By sagi58
I can safely say that I will be looking to go short as many Ferrari shares as i can at around midday the day they float. Its gonna be another Facebook

And ill be selling at the top to people like the :duckie: moderator, who will hold on, and keep posting the dumbest justification for why they are gonna turn around 'anytime now' and if possible Ill be there to supply more when he keeps buying as the price drops just like every other Ferrari Mythification Underwriter Gain
spanky, you've hit the nail on the head:

You really are such a welcoming guy, ain't ya? :clap:
Well, tell you what!! I feel so at home on this forum
that I've decided to stick around and wait for you to
grow up and becoming a respectful adult. I realize
that may be a long time coming; but, I am patient!!
By darwin dali
Ferrari horse to prance in new corral
James R. Healey and Brent Snavely , USA TODAY and Detroit Free Press 5:05 p.m. EDT October 29, 2014

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles says it'll do what CEO Sergio Marchionne has resisted -- sell its Ferrari sports car brand to raise cash.

But it won't part with all of Ferrari, and it'll be a transaction that's less cold-blooded than simply handing the brand over to the highest bidder.

Ferrari, perhaps the best-known car brand in the world, will be split off as a separate company. That will be accomplished, FCA said today, by an initial public offering of 10% of Ferrari shares next year.

Another 80% would be offered to Fiat Chrysler shareholders. The remaining 10% of Ferrari is owned by Piero Lardi Ferrari, the second and only living son of founder Enzo Ferrari.

FCA said it also will offer 100 million new Fiat Chrysler shares on the open market before the end of the year.

And, it said, it will issue other securities valued at a total of $2.5 billion that will eventually converted into Fiat Chrysler common shares.

All told, Marchionne estimates that the transactions will raise 4 billion euro ($5.1 billion) for Fiat Chrysler.

Marchionne said Fiat Chrysler's board of directors wanted to find a way to reduce the company's debt so that it could withstand a major global economic crisis. Analysts have often raised concerns about the company's $14 billion in industrial debt.

"It is really designed to deal with the worst case scenario," Marchionne said.

Shares of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCAU) zoomed as high as $11.56 on the news, closing at $10.85, up 11.6% from the previous close. The share only have been traded since mid-October.

FCA on Wednesday also said pre-tax profit in the third quarter was the equivalent of $1.18 billion, up 7.4%. Its net income was $239.4 million, down slightly from $240.7 million a year earlier.

Improved U.S. sales got most of the credit.

Fiat Group completed the purchase of the remaining shares of Chrysler Group that it didn't already own earlier this year. The two automakers, via some roundabout maneuvers, formed a single public company, FCA, that 's traded on New York exchange as FCAU and in Milan. The corporation is Dutch-registered and has executive offices in London, while maintaining offices in the Detroit area and Italy.

FCA said it was making the Ferrari and other financial moves as part of the "implementation of a capital plan appropriate to support the Group's long-term success."

FCA said it expects Ferrari stock to trade in the U.S. and possibly on European exchanges. No share prices were discussed in the FCA statement.

At the the Detroit auto show in 2011, when rumors were flying, Fiat-Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne said the Fiat-owned Alfa Romeo and Ferrari brands weren't for sale, "no matter the offer," and any reports to the contrary were being stirred up by "snotty German" automakers trying to cause trouble for Fiat.

Making Ferrari a separate company and having FCA shareholders own most of it is one way to raise cash, yet stave off pressure to simply unload Ferrari, at a time when the European auto market -- and economy generally -- are taking longer than hoped to rebound.

Fiat, which rescued Chrysler from Chapter 11 bankruptcy in 2009, now is being buoyed by Chrysler as a result of the U.S. market's rebound and Europe's malaise.

Marchionne, in the FCA statement Wednesday, said, "This transaction represents FCA's best course of action to support the long-term success of the Group while at the same time substantially strengthening FCA's capital base."

He noted that the company's latest outline for the future, its 2014-2018 Business Plan, dictated the Ferrari spinoff as part of "maximizing the value of our businesses to our shareholders."

Though it's well-known and admired, Ferrari sells fewer than 200 cars a month in the U.S., roughly 7,000 a year worldwide.

In the 1960s Ford Motor's namesake boss, Henry Ford II, thought he had a deal with founder Enzo Ferrari to buy the Italian maker. But it came apart and an embittered Ford ordered the automaker's engineers to build race cars to humiliate Ferrari on the race track, where its reputation shone brightest.

The result was the Ford GT40, which crushed Ferrari at the famous French 24-hour endurance race at LeMans, finishing first, second and third.
By CookinFlat6
You can easily tell thats an American news report - the mention of the Ford episode is the clue :rofl:

Its very funny, but really, what does the Ford deal from 40 years ago have to do with Ferrari today??

Even the Americans hate Ferrari :rofl::rofl::rofl:
By CookinFlat6
It would be funny if Ferrari came out with a speciale version of the FF. The FFS.

Would be funny if the F1 repacement for the F1AT was the PONY :hehe:
Unless it's a hint at Ford's interest at purchasing a controlling stake of shares. Any news as to the IPO valuation?

I might buy a share just for the hell of it, we can all own a Ferrari now! :drunkparty:
By Hammer278
I'd like to short Ferrari since months back but they ain't public. :(
Ferrari horse to prance in new corral

Groan at this headline. USA Today sucksballz.
By myownalias
WB, thanks for the reasoned response, I do understand this; but it's unlikely that FIAT will allow anyone to get a controlling 51% stake in Ferrari, of course it's possible, however highly unlikely, FIAT wouldn't want to lose control of such a famous marque.

Cookin' I could say the Earth is spherical and you would disagree, you are nothing more than a common troll, a troll that actually caused me to resign as a moderator due to the inaction of the powers that be to permanently ban you and a few others, 18 months later and it's the same bullpoo, different year. I think it's time for me to move on and post elsewhere, where I can express an opinion without being ridiculed because some others don't share my opinion.
By CookinFlat6
but it's unlikely that FIAT will allow anyone to get a controlling 51% stake in Ferrari, of course it's possible, however highly unlikely, FIAT wouldn't want to lose control of such a famous marque.

In the old days maybe being a mod for people like you was a chance to spew your opinions as facts in the secure and cosy knowledge everyone would be to polite to object. So things move on and if you are uncomfortable with having to account for the things you state as fact when they are easily dismissed at least you are smart enough to have worked out that you dont have to keep coming back to take this abusive behaviour. Why not create your own site where everyone listens to your half baked notions without compliant - Oh sorry, what was that, it didnt work? You have been leaving ever since I arrived, you were already moaning about members then hurting your feelings and causing you so much stress in between telling us the blow by blow account of the first member you banned

The internet has moved on, everyone is on it, its no longer a cosy space for a bunch of selfserving friends, they have loads of otions for that now.If you choose to be on a public forum its because you implicitly require public validation or debate on your ideas or opinions. If they come up as half baked dont start weeping about it, either try harder, or quit, dont leave and keep coming back only to leave again each time someone hurts your feelings. what do you care about anonymous strangers words on the internet for?

Anyway what do you mean FIAT will allow anyone to get a controlling 515 stake? What are they going to do? send some gunmen to each shareholder? declare mea Culpa and begg them not to sell? What do you mean by Fiat? there is no Fiat - its FCA, you mean the Italian FIAT? Luca D maybe? or J Elkan who is propabley gonna finally get the chance to cash in on his inheritance at last- maybe you mean the Italian shareholders of Ferrari, Fiat (Sergio), Agnellis and a bunch of intertwinned Italian companies.

If 'FIAT wont allow blahblahblah' why would they take the cash instead of the shares, surely that would be the best way of making sure? So what happens when the stock floats at a higher, romanticised premium over its book value, remember FCA at this point will effectively gain cash at that price, the cash they should return to the shareholders or divi out, effectively the shareholders get shares instead and Sergio prefers the hard cash AT THAT offer price. So now the shares have halved because th company is not realy rpofitablle and the branding rights are held by a Fiat subsidiary. The shares are losing value everyday, and all the shareholders will say NO, we will never allow blahblahblah because a forum member who is not sure if he is coming or going says thats how corporate finance works???

wont want to lose controlof a famous marque? Control to do what, help them make more money selling 100 times the amount of car? Its not inconceivable that we will see a Ferrari owned by someone else yet FCA still sell cars named ferrari in some way - did you ever hear of RR, Bentley, Rover, Daimler, Mini etc

Niope - this is the grownup version - the only reason it wasnt a a full IPO with underwriters lined up to gaurantee FCA get their cash come what may is because by swapping the rest of the Ferrari stock they sweeten another more important CD and push over the responsibility of actually selling 'Ferrari' outside the old family network that they have dismantled. That way they have separated the Italian ferrari to the new Fiat, and if Ferrari is now taken over it will be the shareholders who decide not the guy who came along and stripped the firm. Why do I bother, you are less interested in the truth than in sounding good and getting on with a bunch of old friends

its like a kindergarten, and then they start crying because its not how they see it
Last edited by CookinFlat6 on 31 Oct 14, 00:00, edited 1 time in total.

See our F1 related articles too!