FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
This three week break between Russia and Austin feels too long at this point in the season imo.

I know that the teams need a break and all that, but they could have wrapped up the championship a week earlier instead of this drawn out break between Russia and Austin.

I just feel at this point in the season, it's too long wait. Two weeks would have been better, with Abu Dhabi finishing it off a week earlier.

Anyway, only a week to go until Austin. :D
It is a complete mess F1boy, it makes a mockery of the summer break and its rules on working when you have random 3 week breaks and sometimes 2 races in 2 weeks.

Just illustrates that F1 has not moved on from the ad hoc Bernies show it started as, even though the world around it has. Internet, social media, electric cars, fuel efficiency, equitable spreading of the income amongst all competitors - non of that is needed when its just bernie selling the same formula over and over to whoever will pay year to year.

if it wasnt for Ferrari and RBR killing Fota, chances are there would be a proper top series in place set up as races new people will actually want to come and watch. At the moment with all the mid season rules, competitors getting away with cheating, 1 team paid extra money, vetos, dirty stewards and corrupt rule makers its only established petrol heads can be bothered with sitting through a 3 week break only to have 2 races in a row at un Godly times of day - and then a winner takes all finale - and having to pay to watch the shambles
I actually don't mind this break. Work has been uber hectic and this is my first relaxed weekend (tho have another job related exam tmr!) in 2 weeks. Don't need Merc reliability stresses on top of this. :hehe:
I actually don't mind this break. Work has been uber hectic and this is my first relaxed weekend (tho have another job related exam tmr!) in 2 weeks. Don't need Merc reliability stresses on top of this. :hehe:

Same with me actually, I've been quite busy with a whole range of stuff, so this break has zoomed by. :yes:
It maybe annoying to some fans that there is a three week break, but picking up and moving the entire F1 circus half way around the World takes time and the people that work for F1 teams also need a break away from the constant racing and travelling, these people have families that I bet they would love to spend some time with, it's a long old season, from March to November.
Although I agree with you about the personal sacrifice made, at the end of the day, it's part of the job description.
I mean, if someone is going to apply to work for this sector, surely they are aware of the travelling involved?

Also, they aren't alone in being away from their families for long stretches, because of work. There are thousands
of tradespeople who have moved temporarily to Alberta because their construction sector is through the roof.
That equates to thousands of families who are apart and possibly not willingly, either.
This break has gone by pretty quickly for me. I have no problem with this break but the summer break always feels like forever for whatever reason.
Last edited by Nin-Chin on 28 Oct 14, 18:47, edited 2 times in total.
This break has gone by pretty quickly for me. I have no problem with this break but the summer break always feels like however for whatever.

:scratchchin:
This break has gone by pretty quickly for me. I have no problem with this break but the summer break always feels like however for whatever.

:scratchchin:

I should really double check my posts before I post them... :hehe:

See our F1 related articles too!