FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Yes we get it sagi, you are from Toronto, but we are reacting to the news that Las vegas, specifically is on the cards. In the end if Bernie can get an envelope from the civic authorities, its easier in a place that exists just for entertainment as opposed to a place that is more of a real city, hence no talk of Paris, London, Berlin etc etc
Yes we get it sagi, you are from Toronto, but we are reacting to the news that Las vegas...

Again, your own lacks are showing, since I responded directly to WB's
...Then clearly we should have a GP in Paris, Fiji, Morocco, Victoria Falls, Yellowstone National park, Smith & Wollensky... The list goes on and on since I'd like to take family and friends there too.

p.s. no I didn't quote him in my post; but, I double checked to make sure there weren't any posts between the two!!
We haven't even seen a race in Azerbaijan yet. How do we know its going to suck. Give it a chance....like how we gave Valencia a chance and maybe a chance too many after that, and its rightly been kicked off.

I like new circuits being added to the calendar, but if they don't deliver they get kicked out. What's so wrong with that. The classics are still there, since Red Bull Ring made its comeback I can't complain about new events kicking old ones out.

Reg LV, if its another street race I hope its not going to look like just another Singapore. What's going to be different about it? LV is about the night so I'm guessing the race should take place at night and the track needs to be something different. But in what way? One Singapore GP is more than enough.
I'd prefer Las Vegas to Azerbaijan

I prefer this over both:

I'd prefer that over me :)
Bring up a good point Hammer. It would have to be at night otherwise it's pointless. It would have to be very early or very late in the calendar so it's dark early and the rave would be televised in Europe at say... 11 PM and end on 1 AM on Monday.

Don't the Brits hate inconvenient GP times?
Bring up a good point Hammer. It would have to be at night otherwise it's pointless. It would have to be very early or very late in the calendar so it's dark early and the rave would be televised in Europe at say... 11 PM and end on 1 AM on Monday.

Yup. 1pm or I cll a strike

dont worry if it gets to inconvienient someone will be despacthed over to Greenwich to change GMT to GPT
Were does Bernie send the 50 million dollar bribe?

i think this time it would have to be the offshore accountant of the sister of the friend of the brother of the guy :hehe:
While reading about Bernie making arrangements to build a copy of the Sphinx with his face on it as his mausoleum on the Vegas strip where he plans on sealing all of his money when he's cryogenicly stored there until the next millennium, I ran across this very interesting snippet of information;

Although the race in Austin has fueled a resurgence of interest in F1 in the US, it still has work to do. The sport's television audience in the US, where it is broadcast on NBC Sports, grew by 1.7m viewers to 11.4m in 2013 but it still trails the home-grown IndyCar series on the same network by 5%.

I'd have thought that Indy would be far more popular stateside considering the hoopla around the 500 and the umpteen events. I'm shocked at the increase in F1's viewership.

See our F1 related articles too!