FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Bernie Ecclestone's latest plan is for a grand prix to be hosted in Las Vegas on the world-famous strip.

Although a race in New Jersey has fallen through in the past two years, Ecclestone has successfully expanded the calendar to Austria and Russia this year and 2015 will see the return of Mexico before a street race in Azerbaijan's capital Baku in 2016. He said Las Vegas is now pushing for its own grand prix.

"Vegas say they are ready to go and it would be on The Strip for sure," Ecclestone told The Independent.

In 1981 and 1982 F1 races took place in the car park of the Caesars Palace hotel in Las Vegas, but the on-track action was far from popular due to the uninspiring track layout. Ecclestone says Las Vegas is not alone in wanting to host an F1 race in the future.

"In the end there's a million countries that would like to have an F1 race but they can't afford it."

However, with Formula One's calendar already at bursting point, it is not yet clear how all the proposed new races will fit in the future.

"It is more likely that it will go over 20 with Baku than we lose a race," Ecclestone added.

Read more at http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/stor ... 77wgtfu.99
I was going to ask how many the teams would put up with? Guess it depends if you make, or lose, money per race.
And, I assume, they all pretty much have to go along with whatever Bernie says?
With the right course, Vegas would be an awesome venue.... Depending on time of year.
Its telling that everyone would agree that Vegas would suit F1 race - proving its now more of an entertainment show than a sport.

I was going to ask how many the teams would put up with? Guess it depends if you make, or lose, money per race.
And, I assume, they all pretty much have to go along with whatever Bernie says?
With the right course, Vegas would be an awesome venue.... Depending on time of year.

There are already clearly defined parameters of how many or how little races have to be provided by FOM. To increase would need all teams agreeing, probably the upperlimit without new agreement is 26 or so - half the 52 weeks in the year - thats the kind of thing its easy to agree to when signing up. There would be more cost for the teams but then there would be more revenues from the pot to share out - unless you are the last team that doesnt get much then you probably are more worried about the wear and tear on your employees more than the actual cost. For the big teams they probably have staff at the factory who wouldnt mind going on the road more - but for the smaller teams could mean hiring more staff

I think there should be races more evenly spread out without the dumb breaks etc and also there should be 2 races each weekend not just one, maybe a sprint on Saturday with main race on Sunday, but the one thing the FOM have proven is that they are only good at maximising their share of the revenues and not doing whats good for the fans, teams or hosts

Bernie needs to begone
The question is why? A race there wouldn't be for the fans of F1, no one is clam morning for it. This stunt would be solely for the lining of the bellend's pockets.
The question is why? A race there wouldn't be for the fans of F1, no one is clam morning for it. This stunt would be solely for the lining of the bellend's pockets.

Why would it have to be in the morning? The USGP is an afternoon race, as is the one in Brazil.
Besides, Las Vegas "never" sleeps and I would assume most people attending the race would be
an F1 fan, who would be able to spend the weekend in a city that has so much to see and do.
Those who take significant others / friends who are not fans don't have to feel "guilty" that their
companions don't have something to do while they themselves enjoy F1.

Personally, I think it's an ideal place to have a race, IF the track is worthwhile!!
Sagi maybe if you read posts carefully before jumping in to disagree and nitpick then we would have less of the circular and meaningless posts that add nothing to F1 knowledge for the members.

If you read the post carefully with an aim of understanding or learning something about F1 then its fairly obvious that the sentenvce doesn not in the slightest refer to the morning or time of day for the race. That would be out of context had you read the whole post as though you were interested in learning someones opinion on F1, instead of nit picking automatically

By the way its obviously a typo that was meant to say some thing along the lines of 'no one asked for the race or no one is calling for the race' if you look at the whole post holistically then it would make sense even to a dyslexci looking at the page upside down
I offered my opinion about why a race in Las Vegas wouldn't be a bad idea.
And, why I thought so. Even if it should have read "clamouring" instead of
morning, you might have noticed (had you actually read/understood my
post) that I referred to other benefits of a race in Las Vegas.

Of course, if you are the only one allowed to post opinions.........??
:rofl:

Sagi disagrees with my iPad. Clam morning was supposed to be clamoring. I do apologize.

Did your iPad have a problem with taking family/friends on vacation to Las Vegas, too?? :thumbup:

(p.s. it must be an American-made iPad, since it didn't use the letter "u"!! :yes: )
i just think it would be better for new members and those on the sidelines if there werent 50 posts of petty objections and inaccuracies and mistakes and non F1 off topic pedantry for every 1 post that actually informs or creates useful debate. Maybe we could all try to think carefully before every post and ask ourselves the question 'is my post going to contributue to the F1 knowledge of an F1 who reads this thread?' - If the answer is no - then even at the risk of not scoring a point - it would be best to keep it away from the thread

An example is this very post I just wrote, I would much rather be discussing F1, debating, arguing, learning than making lifestyle suggestions to other adults
Let me type this really slowly, just for you:

This is a forum.

Most members here are adults.

Adults treat other adults with respect.

Adults have diverse interests, opinions and perspectives.

Respect is about accepting all the above.

Sagi disagrees with my iPad. Clam morning was supposed to be clamoring. I do apologize.

Did your iPad have a problem with taking family/friends on vacation to Las Vegas, too?? :thumbup:

(p.s. it must be an American-made iPad, since it didn't use the letter "u"!! :yes: )

Then clearly we should have a GP in Paris, Fiji, Morocco, Victoria Falls, Yellowstone National park, Smith & Wollensky... The list goes on and on since I'd like to take family and friends there too.

See our F1 related articles too!