FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
NBCSports will air all FP sessions this weekend. They did that last year and for Monaco. Shows where the US viewership is. We may see a lot of Gene Haas on tv this weekend as well.
Agree with this WB. I'd also like to add that the reason Vettel has the penalty is he has had to use more engines than he is allowed. If there was no penalty for it then every team would just take a fresh engine every race, which isn't financially sustainable really. Two teams cant cope with paying for 5 engines per season so imagine if they had to pay for 19/20...

Oh my. I would hardly think that the intended outcome of the 5 engine rule would be to have drivers sit out qualification. Having the qualification sessions loosing drivers/teams at the end of the season as the engines are getting low when the action is supposed to be mounting is hardly financially sustainable. The fans are just not going to be as interested and will watch something else. There have been enough empty seats already this season and missing sponsors as well.

Those apologizing for these rules which are choking the on track action I think are missing the point!
I have to disagree there OB, 2000 dollars for a family of four to get tickets to a decent grandstand keeps spectators away much more than drivers pointlessly choosing not to run qualifying to save their engine.
So in Q1, without Caterham, Marussia, and Vettel. Getting to Q2 will be a doddle.

I heard they're talking about changing the format to a 4 out in Q1 and 4 out in Q2.

I read the same earlier
, James Galloway wrote:">FIA confirms tweaks to qualifying for U.S. GP after field reduced to 18 cars

Four drivers to exit in both Q1 and Q2 sessions on Saturday; Caterham and Marussia escape sanction for Austin no-shows

With just nine teams and 18 cars racing in Austin this weekend – the fewest number entered for an F1 event since 2005 – the usual three-part knockout for qualifying has had to be tweaked to take into account the reduced field.

Instead of the usual six cars being knocked out in Q1 and Q2 respectively, four will exit each of the opening two segments to leave the normal top-ten runners to battle for pole in Q3.

"Under the authority granted to the Stewards in Article 11.9 of the International Sporting Code, and having regard to the principles established in the Formula One Sporting Regulations Article 33.1, the Stewards decide that the slowest four cars in Q1 will [be] prohibited from taking any further part in the session, and the slowest four cars in Q2 will likewise be prohibited from taking any further part in the session,"
a statement from the stewards read on Thursday....
Isnt Geet going this weekend?

He is still MIA?

I'm beginning to get concerned for him. I mean yeah, I hope he's okay and all, but I just can't bear the thought of all the nose rubbing in it I'll miss over the winter should he really be gone.
Never mind that, he has all the free *censored*

:yikes: Do you think thats why he is in jail - all his *censored* activities...?

Who said anything about jail? That fooker is a fugitive from the law, probably headed down to Tijuana I'm sure.

See our F1 related articles too!