FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
I wonder if Marussia not going has something to do with the fact that if Caterham is not there then they do not have to worry about beating them in the championship for 10th spot. If they ain't racing then they are saving some money.
Those Renault and Ferrari engines are expensive! Havent seen a Merc powered car struggle for cash this year have we?

If you look at Merc's customers - All 3 are teams with no pay drivers.

Of Ferrari and Renault's customers - Sauber, Caterham and Marussia all rely on pay drivers, while Ferrari and RBR are effectively works teams (Toro Rosso are effectively a RBR B team so wont have issues with money).

Its no coincidence then that the Mercedes engines are the cheapest for customer teams by far. They don't have to settle for pay drivers?
Wow, 18 car grid, didn't think Marussia was in that much trouble. Although better than a 6 car grid at a USGP back in 2005 which is something i will never forget in my time watching F1.
I liked that 6 car grid simply because of the podium ceremony. That guy driving the Jordan (forgot his name) celebrated like he won the WDC and I remember LMAO the entire time. :hehe:
Those Renault and Ferrari engines are expensive! Havent seen a Merc powered car struggle for cash this year have we?

If you look at Merc's customers - All 3 are teams with no pay drivers.

Of Ferrari and Renault's customers - Sauber, Caterham and Marussia all rely on pay drivers, while Ferrari and RBR are effectively works teams (Toro Rosso are effectively a RBR B team so wont have issues with money).

So, you want to be more competitive and spend less money? What do you choose?

Ferrari at $30 million. Maaa…

Renault at $40 million. Yougottabekiddinme…

Mercedes at $26 million. Ker-Ching!

Uh-duh…

A pay driver bringing in between 4 and 14 million a year would be a Godsend to Marrusia, Sauber, Caterham :scratchchin:

Imagine the engine makers delivered 4 sets of new engines each year (to allow the type of INNOVATION called for by Ferrari/RBR) how much would those relative costs increase for each customer???

Who really thinks Renault and Ferrari who have a contract to deliver 14 engines to a team for 30/40 million would still deliver 60 engines for the same price??
I liked that 6 car grid simply because of the podium ceremony. That guy driving the Jordan (forgot his name) celebrated like he won the WDC and I remember LMAO the entire time. :hehe:

Yep, i totally remember that aswell, it was Tiago Monteiro and he just milked it for what its worth, but why not, i probably done the same. :hehe: That was also the best chance for Narain Karthikeyan getting a podium in his F1 career since he was in driving the other Jordan.
I wonder if Marussia not going has something to do with the fact that if Caterham is not there then they do not have to worry about beating them in the championship for 10th spot. If they ain't racing then they are saving some money.

If that is why they aren't racing that is poor, because they are actually competing with Sauber for 9th place, which is theirs unless Sutil or Gutierrez get a 9th place finish or better in the last 3 races.
Wow, 18 car grid, didn't think Marussia was in that much trouble. Although better than a 6 car grid at a USGP back in 2005 which is something i will never forget in my time watching F1.

Same, that was a horrible day to be an F1 fan. :(

As has been echoed by other members, whilst I was expecting the imminent demise of Caterham, I did not foresee the downfall of Marussia, and I at least expected both teams to survive the remainder of the season. The grid will look a little smaller and a little sadder in Texas.

It's a shame, as we've had a brilliant season. What started out as an exciting new era for F1 is on course to end with a badly injured driver and two teams less.

Not good.
A forget Sauber have been that poor this year, I just never expect it from them

This has been a shocker of a season for them, the worst probably, as long as I can remember.
I doubt we'd miss them very much. Maybe in Q1 where the list is a bit shorter, but nobody even thinks of their existence during the race weekend when Q1 is done with.

See our F1 related articles too!