FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
So to try and put an end to Sochi, I've been looking at the COTA circuit this morning. Third year here, and what we've seen in the past is that the esses are impossible to get past anyone, turn 1 will have a ton of outbraking attempts with cars (lots of them) going wide. What was a nice surprise is we did see quite a bit of action in turns 13/14/15 and then turn 19. So this is an overtake friendly circuit.

Given the new specs, I'm thinking this has the potential to be a top shelf event this year.
Given the new specs, I'm thinking this has the potential to be a top shelf event this year.

Hope so...as long as Lewis and Dan are out in front of the pack, I'll be content. (Selfish bar steward...I know.) :wink:
Not so sure about Dan in this one unfortunately. Lots of loooong straights which means taking out wing if Red Bull wants to stay up which then means not being able to properly heat up the tires if it's a bit on the cool side at the track. It's effectively what happened in Russia to Red Bull.
Not so sure about Dan in this one unfortunately. Lots of loooong straights which means taking out wing if Red Bull wants to stay up which then means not being able to properly heat up the tires if it's a bit on the cool side at the track. It's effectively what happened in Russia to Red Bull.

Better qualifying and he may be able to manage a bit further up front. What Red bull does have is a package good in the twisty bits and areas with fast directional change. This is where Dan may be able to make up some of the time lost on the straights. Red Bull also has really good braking so the hard braking points allows him to get into a fight. I haven't ruled him out of an Austin podium yet. Vettel is toast though. 10-gridspot penalty coming for him.
Hoping Lewis can win this one and put himself 1 step closer to the title.

USA and Abu Dhabi are two tracks he's very very good at so it's looking good, he isn't as food at Brazil though but even then I think he'll have Rosberg covered.
Hoping Lewis can win this one and put himself 1 step closer to the title.

IMO, in an ideal situation, Lewis and Nico would go into that final race pretty much level on points. That way, double points won't have an influence.

Re: USA GP, love this circuit, one of Tilke's better ones.
I love this circuit too. :yes:
Those Renault and Ferrari engines are expensive! Havent seen a Merc powered car struggle for cash this year have we?

Good job there's some spending limits or we'd be left with just a dozen cars. It's looking dire as it is.
Caterham and Marussia are both missing the American GP.

Caterham was expected, but Marussia is a shock and if that isn't a wake up call to F1 then I don't know what is.

With Sauber reported to be in trouble, im starting to think we could see 8 teams of 3 cars next season :(
Good job only 1 set of engines are deliverable per year. Imagine having to pay for the air freight cost each time there is a major engine update, which would be very often seeing as how innovative Ferrari demand F1 should be

Not sure the Ferrari customer teams could afford this extra cost
Those Renault and Ferrari engines are expensive! Havent seen a Merc powered car struggle for cash this year have we?

If you look at Merc's customers - All 3 are teams with no pay drivers.

Of Ferrari and Renault's customers - Sauber, Caterham and Marussia all rely on pay drivers, while Ferrari and RBR are effectively works teams (Toro Rosso are effectively a RBR B team so wont have issues with money).

See our F1 related articles too!