FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By What's Burning?
The battle between Williams and Ferrari is turning out to be very interesting this year. Williams are capitalizing on their biggest asset (the Mercedes powerplant) and Ferrari is Ferrari so they've got the resources to take the development to the end here, trying to claw their way to third place, not only for the honor but also for the added money that is distributed.

Not exactly a David and Goliath, but close enough. Both teams are publicly saying they're in the fight, the points are close and the circuits are evenly split. With Japan, Abu Dhabi and perhaps the US circuits benefiting Williams. Sochi and Brazil benefiting Ferrari. The big question mark is the double points race.

Figured I'd start a thread so we can do what we do best! You're welcome.
By CookinFlat6
If you compare the time in F1 and the results of both teams, then its more like back to normal for williams to be in this position - beating Ferraris might and resources by plucky spirit and innovative engineering. Even Massa is now talking about having another shot at a WDC, thats gotta be the final straw for poor Alonso.
By Hammer278
I'd love Williams to retain 3rd spot this year....all power to them.

Bottas is already a star, and Massa although not quite as sharp anymore stays away from the vodka when he has to. So Williams definitely has a fighting chance.
By Frontrunner
Its going to be tough for Williams to hold on I think. Ferrari's development will get them ahead of Williams, The Abu double could play a big part to see who gets 3rd spot.
By CookinFlat6
Merc vs Merc, RBR vs RBR, Alonso vs Williams, Mclaren vs Force India, STR vs Verstappen, Lotus vs liquidator and the others vs points
By Hammer278
To be honest, it is very even. You have the higher end of the team being Alonso vs Bottas, then you have Kimi vs Massa, who'll come behind...

:yikes: Now that's disturbing.
By Baber
What's Burning? wrote:The battle between Williams and Ferrari is turning out to be very interesting this year. Williams are capitalizing on Phen24 asset (the Mercedes powerplant) and Ferrari is Ferrari so they've got the resources to take the development to the end here, trying to claw their way to third place, not only for the honor but also for the added money that is distributed.

Not exactly a David and Goliath, but close enough. Both teams are publicly saying they're in the fight, the points are close and the circuits are evenly split. With Japan, Abu Dhabi and perhaps the US circuits benefiting Williams. Sochi and Brazil benefiting Ferrari. The big question mark is the double points race.

Figured I'd start a thread so we can do what we do best! You're welcome.
Ferrari will win this.
Last edited by Baber on 11 Feb 22, 13:15, edited 9 times in total.
So much has been going on I forgot about this thread! Welcome Baber, (BTW your name isn't Fred is it? I used to work with a Fred Baber) it would make for nice racing were Ferrari able to come back. I'm hoping this fight goes till the end of the year!

Suspect Sochi is a Williams circuit though.
By racechick
Yes welcome Baber! :wavey: That's an interesting choice of fav driver/ team you have going on there. I bet you wished Ferrari had signed Jenson instead of Vettel ! The dream team!! :P

On your comment , yes Ferrari could easily do it, but not on last weekends form, and they now have a disgruntled driver to contend with.
By racechick
So do I.
By racechick
And me :D

See our F1 related articles too!