FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
And I'm hoping perez $#@!$ ALL OVER HULKENBERG AND BUTTON AGAIN :rofl::rofl::rofl::twisted::twisted::twisted:

Noooo, Force India are NOT allowed to beat McLaren this year! :yikes::wink:

They will. The cars are almost similar in performance and the driver line up in FI is much stronger than the combo in McLaren.

I hope, for the sake of Perez, they do.
And I'm hoping perez $#@!$ ALL OVER HULKENBERG AND BUTTON AGAIN :rofl::rofl::rofl::twisted::twisted::twisted:

Noooo, Force India are NOT allowed to beat McLaren this year! :yikes::wink:

They will. The cars are almost similar in performance and the driver line up in FI is much stronger than the combo in McLaren.

I hope, for the sake of Perez, they do.

As do I, and very much so!! What an epic $#@! you!! that would be for him!! It's funny how driver changes sometimes seem really good or really bad at the time and can end up the opposite. When perez was dropped I was like what the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu :yikes::yikes::yikes: and when maldonado went to lotus I was like FINALLY HE'S OUT OF THAT $#@! WILLIAMS PIECE OF JUNK and it ended up being great for perez because mclaren are <EDITED FOR CONTENT> and bad for maldonado cuz lotus got shafted by the renault power unit and money issues
It's a bizzaro world when McLaren doesn't renew Lewis' contract for 15 million. The following year they have their worst season in 30 years, going on two years without a title sponsor contract, are in the worst position of any Mercedes engined car in this year's WCC and are now actively trying to attract a marquee name talent having to likely pay out 20~30 million a year for a contract.

How does something like that happen to a corporation? I mean, I guess in a way you could see some of the same behavior in Ferrari's decision to re-hire Kimi instead of going for a Hulkenberg or Bottas young gun and be surprised at the results he's had year to date. But it's not like these results have come out of left field in either of the situations.

Bizzaro world indeed and I've no explanation for it.
To be fair, a team with Button as the lead drive will always be an underdog unless its a 2 second car

:hehe: I guess you don't rate JB, but i guess not many people do.
I was thinking more financial, with Button's pay packet he could nearly buy Force India.
I don't think Button is a bad as some make him out. IMO, he'd probably be in the same position Rosberg is in were here sitting in a W05. But I guess you can summarize it the way Toto just did this weekend. “These are the Lewis Hamilton days. These are the days when you recognise how great he is and it makes the difference between the superstars and the stars.”
To be fair, a team with Button as the lead drive will always be an underdog unless its a 2 second car

:hehe: I guess you don't rate JB, but i guess not many people do.
I was thinking more financial, with Button's pay packet he could nearly buy Force India.

therein lies the root of Button derision amongst those who have followed Mclaren closely over the years. its the fact that he was at the team on the 3rd highest wage at a time the team really needed all its cash and all its sponsors as the road car firm looked like a folding candidate.
To have elevated button above lewis after the astronomical cost to Ron of promoting into the team and backing him against a vengeaful butthurt alonso/Max/FIa in the first place - squander that was mind boggling - and to squander it WITHOUT valid reason (the assumption was Button was marketably and 'safe' and ofcourse disturbing) to squander it in a way that not only didnt work - (advertisers know a pig even when its got lipstick on) - but in a way that nearly destroyed the team was the last straw

We now know ofcourse that the ex insidious TP had gone rogue and tried to steal the company when Ron was at his weakest. Anyway its all done now and I will say it right now, if Button remains at the team in 2015 I will eat my Lewis Mclaren cap - the silver one

Theres a reason not a single top team had any interest in him since he stitched up Frank W for a fat pay cheque at a back marker - he seems better than he is - he is a can job, a lazy useless failed playboy, an a selfish backstabbing ****
he will go the same way as his useless sugar daddy

any driver after 15 years can do what he does on track, heidfeld was 5x better but was unlucky
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
I don't think Button is a bad as some make him out. IMO, he'd probably be in the same position Rosberg is in were here sitting in a W05. But I guess you can summarize it the way Toto just did this weekend. “These are the Lewis Hamilton days. These are the days when you recognise how great he is and it makes the difference between the superstars and the stars.”

Button is a world champion and to do that you have to have some decent ability. But is he on the level of Hamilton and Alonso? No of course not. Hamilton and Alonso are the two standout drivers in F1 and at the moment are on a different level to the rest most of the time. That said, Ricciardo is on his way to joining those two if he progresses as he has this year.
People complaining about Buttons pay packet is like saying people go to a job interview and saying. "Tell you what just give me minimum wage."

Sent using NCC-1701
People complaining about Buttons pay packet is like saying people go to a job interview and saying. "Tell you what just give me minimum wage."

Sent using NCC-1701

true, however if the school leaver shelf stacker accidently lands the CEO's wage by mistake instead of the minimum wage, no one will hold it against him for not insisting ion minimum wage instead, yet he must be prepared for some derision, although its likely that with the CEO's wage in his pocket (till he gets found out) he will be laughing even harder at those deriding him, whilst preventing the employment of someone 100 times better for 1/100 of the wage - which would pee them off even more, leading to more derision, leading to more smugness etc - repeat ad infinitum (or ad nauseum for others lol)

Maybe it will be best for all concerned when he is on the BBC sofa next year :irked:

I mean who can imagine any other McLaren lead driver for the last 20 years saying this

"I just have to sort Saturdays a bit more.

I've been a bit unlucky and not got the best out of it every weekend, which annoys me more than anything else, but I'll get there.

1 fixed pole in 4 years at Mclaren? out qualified by Perez last year and by Mags this year and is telling us he was unlucky and will ge there??? The biggest flake in F1 history

Edit: have created a poll to move this topic out of the race thread

See our F1 related articles too!