FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
F1 fanatic is by far the best source for data and stats - much better than Bernie's own F1.com
And they have all the colours and graphic for those into that
Well the list is a little misleading. Used doesn't necessarily mean completely used up. Some engines are planned for use in certain circuits at the beginning and at the end of the year. Other engines are retired to be used during Friday practice or test dates etc. So having used five of something means you've used them, it's only when you need to reach for a sixth of something that's the problem.

In the case of the Mercs, I think a five grid penalty is a small price to pay since they should be able to make up that deficit in a handful of laps. A five grid penalty for a Ferrari or a McLaren is a bit tougher to recuperate from.
Looking at that list, the Williams look to be in a better position than the Ferrari's. ( I mention it because that's the close fight for third that you highlighted In your thread WB) could have an bearing on things.
As we head into Suzuka, I'm growing more curious about engine usage. Does anyone have a reliable source or list of each driver and how many power units they have used thus far? I can't seem to find this bit on the official Formula1.com site. I think Renault are in trouble but I would love to see the full picture, particularly where our Lewis stands, compared to the lot. Anyone?

Our Lewis?
I'm not aware of Forumula1 as a collective owning Lewis or even identifying with him in any particularly supportive manner. :eek:
You can have him, sure, but don't include me and many others on here, especially since it's not his support thread.
:P

:clap:
It's just a turn of phrase, slightly northern, used to describe someone you know, are familiar with, are related to. Perhaps it doesn't translate across the pond.
I've often heard it used in connection with Mansell. Our Nige.
I think that's because the word "our", although used in a general manner,
implies a kinship that not all of us have with/towards him...
You're probably right RC. The term ours is maybe reserved for things or ideas, like Italians have the term "cosa nostra" our thing. Since you can't claim to own or possess people.

In any case, it was a grammatical type joke by DD which he often makes that has now been taken too far. I'm sure others would love to have Vettel back since the real one was apparently abducted by aliens. :hehe:

Probably because the Second Coming was asking Lewis fans for an answer, and a Lewis fan provided the answer.

The rest of the people bothered by the 'our' are probably responding when no one asked them sh!t in the first place.
It's just a turn of phrase, slightly northern, used to describe someone you know, are familiar with, are related to. Perhaps it doesn't translate across the pond.
I've often heard it used in connection with Mansell. Our Nige.

I call my younger brother "our kid"

Used with a name to refer to a relative, friend, or colleague of the speaker: really, she is a one, our Gillian.
As we head into Suzuka, I'm growing more curious about engine usage. Does anyone have a reliable source or list of each driver and how many power units they have used thus far? I can't seem to find this bit on the official Formula1.com site. I think Renault are in trouble but I would love to see the full picture, particularly where our Lewis stands, compared to the lot. Anyone?

Our Lewis?
I'm not aware of Forumula1 as a collective owning Lewis or even identifying with him in any particularly supportive manner. :eek:
You can have him, sure, but don't include me and many others on here, especially since it's not his support thread.
:P

:clap:
Probably because the Second Coming was asking Lewis fans for an answer, and a Lewis fan provided the answer.

The rest of the people bothered by the 'our' are probably responding when no one asked them sh!t in the first place.

Chill... NOT everyone reads between the lines, every chance they get!
Also, taking comments out of context can skew the intention!
I am just fascinated to see how little Max does in P1. I am just expecting him to fling it into the wall ;)

Yeah, hell of a training ground for the guy who crashed his car in a demo run at a speed of 5mph lol. Suzuka is no joke, easily classed under 'advanced' category for F1 runners, with a lot of gravel traps and actual runoffs.

See our F1 related articles too!