FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Catchy tune and a great way to change the subject! :clap:

Who's changing the subject? It's just PARTYMODE yall
I don't know if Hamilton or Rosberg are going to be able to race with Ricciardo who is showing that he is the most gifted driver on the track this season.

With their massive car advantage seemingly dulled this weekend it could all come down to driver skill set amongst top two teams. If this is the case look for another Ricciardo victory.

good opinion, the great thing is we will finally have some facts to back that up tomorrow as this is the first time Riccs car is good enough to compete and he starts just behind.
he should really win if he is the best driver, as his Senna like talent will make up for the minute car difference on this track

lets gloat after the race :thumbup:

Very impressive gifted driving from Ricc to be beaten by his teamate who started behind, yup must be the most gifted on the grid :thumbup:

Vettel should be writing Alonso a long thank you letter for screwing up Ricciardo's race.

And Alonso proves he is the best strategic thinker on the track by quickly giving up one position to keep the other one or two. Ricciardo lost out with the stewards decision. Good to see Vettel have a good result though.

What a long boring tedious race, I think the safety car period may actually have been the high-lite. The Merc dominance even on this track was massive and the only battle worth following, Hamilton vs Rosberg, was glitched out before the start by bad german electronics (they should leave the electronics to the Japanese). Any driver on track from Kobayashi on up would have won in that Merc today I would say. So much for hoping for good racing up front between teams.

Ricciardo = Senna? Can't agree with that comparison at this point but you probably are noticing his talent developing very quickly. Time will tell. :wink:

ps. I wonder what Rosberg would be saying if he was making this video today!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QPF_xrRjfs
Last edited by overboost on 21 Sep 14, 17:32, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know if Hamilton or Rosberg are going to be able to race with Ricciardo who is showing that he is the most gifted driver on the track this season.

With their massive car advantage seemingly dulled this weekend it could all come down to driver skill set amongst top two teams. If this is the case look for another Ricciardo victory.

good opinion, the great thing is we will finally have some facts to back that up tomorrow as this is the first time Riccs car is good enough to compete and he starts just behind.
he should really win if he is the best driver, as his Senna like talent will make up for the minute car difference on this track

lets gloat after the race :thumbup:

Very impressive gifted driving from Ricc to be beaten by his teamate who started behind, yup must be the most gifted on the grid :thumbup:

Vettel should be writing Alonso a long thank you letter for screwing up Ricciardo's race.

And Alonso proves he is the best strategic thinker on the track by quickly giving up one position to keep the other one or two. Ricciardo lost out with the stewards decision. Good to see Vettel have a good result though.

What a long boring tedious race, I think the safety car period may actually have been the high-lite. The Merc dominance even on this track was massive and the only battle worth following, Hamilton vs Rosberg, was glitched out before the start by bad german electronics (they should leave the electronics to the Japanese). Any driver on track from Kobayashi on up would have won in that Merc today I would say. So much for hoping for good racing up front between teams.

ps. I wonder what Rosberg would be saying if he was making this video today!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QPF_xrRjfs

Why am I not surprised that there's is no praise for Hamilton after several 'on it' laps and an overtake for the lead ? :hehe: and Ricci, the most gifted driver on the track didn't pull it off today. Never mind, there's always the next race.
Because anyone could've won in that Merc according to NOS guy.....ah well like anyone could've got 3rd in a Redbull as well, so we're back to square 1.

Fact stays though, Lewis Hamilton with SEVEN wins so far...and counting. :thumbup:
So, in terms of reliability that is 2 DNF's each for Hamilton and Rosberg. Both had 1 mid race while leading and 1 at the start. Hamilton's 3 point lead is therefore deserved (it may have been a tad bigger if not for Spa, but that wasn't a team fault).

Alonso at the safety car looked like he got a bit of luck, but actually the fact he effectively lost 8 laps of racing cost him a podium. If the SC had been out for 3/4 I think Vettel would either have had to pit or would have dropped off the cliff at the end. There would also have been that 1 extra lap at the end. Ricciardo pitted a few laps later so had enough to cover Alonso which is what probably saved Vettel. Ricciardo with DRS and tyres with just enough life could defend at the end and also protect Vettel.

Great drive from Vergne - his risk of passing off track knowing he would probably get a penalty worked well for him as in the end the 5 second penalty probably cost less than being stuck behind Maldonado for another lap or two. Some excellent overtakes from him and hope he gets a seat next season (even if its only something like a Sauber).

As for Ricciardo - I actually thought he drove a very solid race considering he was protecting some mechanical problems (based on radio messages and Horner's post race interview) and to finish right behind Vettel (who had a much stronger weekend) showed he did well.

Massa again had a good weekend, outqualified and outraced Bottas. Raikkonen's race wasn't great though - I expected more after qualifying.

Last 5 races should be good, and Mercedes still need to be a little worried of Ricciardo who is only 60 points behind - many more failures and Ricciardo is still just about within touching distance, although I do feel RBR missed a trick by not telling Vettel to allow him past on the last lap to give DR those 3 extra points.
You almost want to feel sorry for Rosberg for the debilitating slow painful nature of his retirement but this is what you get for cheating your way into the top of the championship. Things are still not quite even yet and let's hope this teaches him some important lessons.

Also, Alonso quite clearly gained two places for cutting the chicane at the start and cynically only gave up one spot. The safety appearance addressed the injustice by the stewards
Fabulous drive by Hamilton, shame that the team put him in a vulnerable position but he sure did have the pace and once he re-overtook Vettel I said "Now relax Hamilton" because he controlled the race beautifully up until the safety car came out.

The whole safety car letting backmarkers though is complete bullpoo, Brundle is spot on they should just fall to the back and continue.

Great driving from Vergne managing to keep his 6th place that was well deserved. Shame that Button, Rosberg and Gutierrez had to retire. All three deserved much better than they got. I felt really bad for Rosberg even though I wanted to see him fight through the field...

I personally think they should up the maximum race time to 2 hours 30 mins to allow for a bigger margin if there are a safety car or two.

Really unfortunate for Bottas, his tyres gave up suddenly. I really wanted him to keep his positions in the later stages of the race
Fantastic race today, sorry to see Nico go out the way he did. I was kind of hoping that starting from pit lane we would have seen him carve his way through the field with the monster that is the W05, but it wasn't to be. Nico didn't get a chance to show up whether he could do it or not. Worst possible result for him, best possible result for Lewis. Ces't la vie.

Lewis did a masterful job of nursing thos SS tires to get enough of a gap to cover ALL but Vettel, not the optimum stratergy IMO, but the safety car made it much more difficult for Mercedes since they lost 8 laps up being able to pull a gap. In the end, Lewis' master performance made both the streching the SS and then the overtaking look easy. He was able to push his way past Ricciardo out of the pits, and past Vettel without breaking a sweat.

To make is all even sweeter, I win the pool and stretch me lead.

OH, and I won my class in the Auto Cross today, Killed it, fastest E class 911 and I got to within a second of the good guys driving Boxters. So proud of my baby's performance!
So, in terms of reliability that is 2 DNF's each for Hamilton and Rosberg. Both had 1 mid race while leading and 1 at the start. Hamilton's 3 point lead is therefore deserved (it may have been a tad bigger if not for Spa, but that wasn't a team fault).

Dont forget the reliability issues that didnt cost a dnf but most definitively cost around 10 points each time - such as starting from the pit once and the back another time, just those 2 add up to much much more than 3 points

Alonso at the safety car looked like he got a bit of luck, but actually the fact he effectively lost 8 laps of racing cost him a podium. If the SC had been out for 3/4 I think Vettel would either have had to pit or would have dropped off the cliff at the end. There would also have been that 1 extra lap at the end. Ricciardo pitted a few laps later so had enough to cover Alonso which is what probably saved Vettel. Ricciardo with DRS and tyres with just enough life could defend at the end and also protect Vettel.

I am not sure about this, the longer the SC stayed out the more chance of the Red Bulls not stopping again agreed, however all 3 didnt stop again and Alonso had the freshest tyres of the 3 yet was unable to reproduce the pace he had during the 2nd stint - it wasnt as if ferrari ordered an SC for 20 minutes but got one for 30 and that stopped them from beating red Bull - Alonso really should have taken both Red Bulls quickly and tried to close the gap to lewis' rentry point in case there was another SC or issue for Merc in pits. ferrari need to look into where Alonsos pace vanished to at crunch time
Great drive from Vergne - his risk of passing off track knowing he would probably get a penalty worked well for him as in the end the 5 second penalty probably cost less than being stuck behind Maldonado for another lap or two. Some excellent overtakes from him and hope he gets a seat next season (even if its only something like a Sauber).

yeah JEV knows these are his last races to impress before joining jamie algae

Last 5 races should be good, and Mercedes still need to be a little worried of Ricciardo who is only 60 points behind - many more failures and Ricciardo is still just about within touching distance, although I do feel RBR missed a trick by not telling Vettel to allow him past on the last lap to give DR those 3 extra points.

I doubt this very much, apart from Abu Double Ricc would have to win each race with both Merc drivers 3rd and 4th to have a sniff. For Mercs unreliabilty to help him, even if he comes 3rd for each race remaining behind both Merc and they both dnf in Abu double hed still lose,

So the realistic chance is that both Mercs dnf in Abu dhabi and another race for him to have a chance :scratchchin:

Given Ricc 3 worthless points and peeing off Seb and raisng a whole world of pain for the remote chance outlined above would be more like a ferrari action not red bull
Eddie Jordan is a doofus head. If it was my job to report on F1, you'd think that going to the podium to make a comment, he'd have known that Hamilton had the championship lead once before with a three point lead after Spain.
According to Lewis, the biggest hurt in their karting days was when Lewis turned up at ART, and Nico led the whole season only for lewis to whip him at the end of the season and snatch the title

Will take a lot of mental resolve to come back from this deja vu for Nico

See our F1 related articles too!