FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By Nin-Chin
13:55 "Are you allowed to tell me how quick am I compared to my team-mate?" asks a cautious Rosberg. "You're three tenths faster, but not compared to your team-mate," comes the reply.
They could just rename his team mate delta.

What is my times like?
3/10 faster than your delta

Sent using NCC-1701
By racechick
They could just rename his team mate delta.

What is my times like?
3/10 faster than your delta

Sent using NCC-1701

faster? :yikes: no it would be 1.5 sec slower than your delta :twisted:
By sagi58
So we have a difference in opinion between our on track F1 genius (and current champion)
“The main difficulty is not necessarily stuff like the fuel because it’s simple to put up a certain target to follow [on the car's dash]. But in terms of managing the components, and the way they work with each other, it will be very difficult for us," he said.
The World Champion added that the new, more complex, hybrid cars are “not as simple as managing KERS in the past. If that was the case then the radio ban’s not a problem.”

and our own newly self crowned forum genius
It wont make much difference to the drivers cause they did most their racing up to F1 without radio anyways.

hmmn :scratchchin::shrug: : :spaz:

Vettel refers to the pre- and post-hybrid cars; whereas F2004 refers to pre-F1 racing the drivers did.

Fruit anyone? Image
By f1bettings
Ecclestone is trying to make things better but the opposite effect happens because he really doesn't know what he is doing.

The drivers need to communicate with engineers so if you ban this you will force them to speak in code which you will never be able to prove but that information will make it's way to the driver. You can accent words and then what is next, banning of exaggeration of your speech?
By Nin-Chin
This has been reportedly scrapped next season along with standing starts for SC restarts and double points.
By racechick
What no telling drivers how to drive had been scrapped? :thud:
What no telling drivers how to drive had been scrapped? :thud:

Could be that our Lewis is that smart and we now know why we worked out his trick when he dropped hints. Maybe he knows there is a change to radio ban and he has to work out a new trick anyway for next year
By sagi58
This has been reportedly scrapped next season along with standing starts for SC restarts and double points.

Well, the only other contentious issue is the engine freeze.
Hopefully, that's gone, too!
By Hammer278

Well, the only other contentious issue is the engine freeze.
Hopefully, that's gone, too!

Mercedes won't allow it since it will only seal the fact that the other engine manufacturers are lame ducks. Agreeing to a term and then changing it because they found out they suck at what they agreed on.
By LH44
I haven't heard about this being scrapped, in fact I'd like it to stay. I think it was an important factor in establishing a fair fight between Nico and Lewis. Also not sure what there is to scrap, this is part of the sporting regulations and Charlie just issued a clarification.

Confirmed that double points and standing starts after SC are gone and only need rubber stamping.

See our F1 related articles too!