FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
A massive change to take the ugly out of noses lined up for next year. The basics are as follows;

* The nose tip cross section remains the same at 9,000 sq mm
* The nose will be lowered further and must sit 135mm to 220mm above the floor
* The tip must be no wider than 140mm
* The nose must widen to a second cross section 150mm behind its tip, which must be no less than 20,000 sq mm
* Again a maximum width is stated of 330mm at this second cross-section
* Both cross sections have to be symmetrical about the centre line
* Remaining length of the nose going back towards the chassis must have a tapering cross section
* The nose tip will have to start about mid-way along the front wing

More Details at F1Fanatic
They had to do something about these duck looking noses

They're tinkering again. What's it matter how they look? You get used to it. Too many rules.

It took 39 minutes to get that comment in Hammer, you're slipping! :twisted:

As for the thread topic, it's par for the course in F1; if we manage to go from one season to another without a single change, I will be amazed!

Yeah, I think for next year there is a regulation that retires the F1 version of feathered amphibious creatures with wings who still cant fly

As for the thread topic, it's par for the course in F1; if we manage to go from one season to another without a single change, I will be amazed!

:confused: Looks to me like 21 minutes, but you're right....can still do better. :D

:confused: Looks to me like 21 minutes, but you're right....can still do better. :D

I was referring to the time from the original post! I think that you and Cookin won't know what to do with yourselves should JB leave F1! :twisted::hehe:

I was referring to the time from the original post! I think that you and Cookin won't know what to do with yourselves should JB leave F1! :twisted::hehe:

But...but... there's no mention of 'duck' in the original post. :confused:

:D

But...but... there's no mention of 'duck' in the original post. :confused:

:D

Yes, yes, I will begrudgingly give you that one!
It's thought Ferrari and Mercedes will gain advantage by the nose change rule because there's are already the right shape, or nearer to the right shape, the others will have to change a lot.
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/2015- ... es-ferrari
And the Ferrari has one ugly nose, the Merc has a not bad type nose but when you have the fastest car it doesn't really matter, its looks all good then.
The Red Bull RB10 is the best looking car this year IMO.
By sagi58
I thought I'd revive this thread with the following article:

, Declan Quigley wrote:">Looking Ahead to Melbourne – the Key Rule Changes for 2015

Team personnel are busy putting the final touches on their preparations for the opening round of the season in Melbourne this weekend and there are new regulation boundaries that they must come to terms with.

Stability in the rules means that Mercedes have retained much of their advantage and Manor/Marussia are set to run substantially the same vehicle as last year but that doesn’t mean there haven’t been changes ahead of the new year, many of which will provide considerable challenges for the teams and drivers.

Here’s a quick run down of the technical and sporting rule alterations in force from this weekend.

Power Units
One of the toughest tasks for teams this year will be in managing engine allocation. Each driver is restricted to four power units during the season, one less than 2014. Exceeding the total incurs a grid penalty and these will be applied cumulatively based on the individual components of the power unit.

However, grid penalties will no longer roll over to the next event. If a driver can’t take the appropriate penalty, the remaining grid positions will be applied as a time penalty for that event as follows:-

1-5 grid places: five-second time penalty
6-10 grid places: drive-through penalty
11-20 grid places: 10-second stop-and-go penalty
More than 20 grid places: a time penalty

By the way, I thought I'd split it up into shorter pieces.
By sagi58
I thought I'd revive this thread with the following article:

, Declan Quigley wrote:">Looking Ahead to Melbourne – the Key Rule Changes for 2015 --- continued ---

Nose designs
Introduced on safety grounds and with the happy by-product of making the cars look more aesthetically pleasing than last year’s anteaters and aardvarks, this year’s new regulations on nose design have occupied much attention from engineering teams through the winter, with many stating that meeting the stipulations was the big design issue of the past months.

Cockpit
Adding to the safety of the driver survival cell, the Zylon anti-intrusion panels on both sides of the cockpit have been extended upwards to sit alongside the driver’s head.

Suspension
Front-and-Rear Interconnected Suspension (FRIC) systems have been formally outlawed meaning that meaning that all wheels must react only to direct load on that corner of the car.

Gearbox
Gear ratio selections are locked in for the full season. In 2014 teams had the opportunity to change their nominated ratios once during the year.

Minimum weight
the minimum weight has been increased from 691kg to 702kg without fuel for 2015 in a move sure to delight bigger drivers.

See our F1 related articles too!