FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Up until this season, Monza in recent times has been the last European race before the final world-traveling leg of the Formula One circus to Asia, the Americas and the Middle East.
New this year: after going to the Far East, we stop on European soil in Sochi and then move on to the Western Hemisphere.
Just wanted to point this out.
All things considered Asia can have Sochi...

No thanks
All things considered Asia can have Sochi. It's a bit like Turkey. If you care, it's in europe, if not, the middle east.

A bit harsh :D
Greater Sochi is elongated along the Black Sea coast for 145 kilometers (90 mi). Depending on how one chooses to divide Europe and Asia, some sources claim Sochi is in Europe, whereas if one uses the Caucasus Mountains as the divide, Sochi is in Southwest Asia, falling on the southern (Asian) side of the Greater Caucasus.[14][15] In terms of human geography, Sochi falls within Krasnodar Krai, which is geographically located entirely within European Russia [16][17][18] as does, generally, all territory of Russia west of the Ural Mountains and Ural River.[19][20] Sochi is approximately 1,603 kilometers (996 mi) from Moscow.[21]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sochi#Geography

Best I could find. To me it makes no difference, but for the teams it will as its in Asia they wont be allowed all the fancy motorhomes. Guess it will all depend on what Bernie thinks.
I thought they did not take the motor homes because they where too far away and not because it was outside Europe (it is an assumption based on nothing I have read)

Sent using NCC-1701

See our F1 related articles too!