FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By Hammer278
I bet we will see Ferrari with the highest top speed in FP followed by some quali slipstreaming formation with Kimi tasked with giving Alonso a tow, except he forgets what to do and out qualifies Alonso "by mistake"

I remember this.....hilarious when it happened! :hehe:
By Ferrari man 009
I bet we will see Ferrari with the highest top speed in FP followed by some quali slipstreaming formation with Kimi tasked with giving Alonso a tow, except he forgets what to do and out qualifies Alonso "by mistake"

Was that 2012 or last year? I know in 2012 Alonso had a suspension problem which slowed him significantly in Q3 and meant he qualified 10th about 3 seconds off the pace.
By sagi58

Was that 2012 or last year? I know in 2012 Alonso had a suspension problem which slowed him significantly in Q3 and meant he qualified 10th about 3 seconds off the pace.

What? There's an explanation? Oh... but, that means it's not funny any more!!
Dagnabit!! :wavey:
By CookinFlat6

This is the problem when one gets their F1 "memories" from wiki - it loses context

Last year was when Massa outqualified Alonso "by mistake" when he was supposed to be sacrificing his own quali chances to give Alonso an extra 1 mph tow in quali. Ferrari do this every year and it has never worked out to my recollection. Its possible that in 2012 they had a seperate excuse
By What's Burning?
Anyone remember Alonso's comment to Vettel last year on the Monza podium, about how great the crowd was. How much difference a year makes.
By CookinFlat6
Monza happens EVERY year sagi, I am not sure it matters which date because the calender does shift around, however surely even you would not consider arguing whether it was exactly a year ago or 50 weeks or 54 weeks etc :confused:
By Hammer278
Lol
By sagi58
Monza happens EVERY year sagi, I am not sure it matters which date because the calender does shift around, however surely even you would not consider arguing whether it was exactly a year ago or 50 weeks or 54 weeks etc :confused:

Just so ready to jump, eh? Or should I say you're trigger-happy??
If you'd read and taken note of WB's post:
Anyone remember Alonso's comment to Vettel last year on the Monza podium, about how great the crowd was. How much difference a year makes.

And even bothered to pay attention that mine came right after that. surely even you would realize that my post was a response to that!

If you require further clarification, please advise and I'll be only too happy to ...s...p...e...l...l... it out for you! :wavey:
By CookinFlat6
however surely even you would not consider arguing whether it was exactly a year ago or 50 weeks or 54 weeks etc :confused:

[youtube]VnnyDy3jf5Q[/youtube]

[youtube]AVMRF66_DB0[/youtube]

If you require further clarification, please advise and I'll be only too happy to ...s...p...e...l...l... it out for you! :wavey:
By What's Burning?
Isn't Monza next week? :confused:

I've no clue what this response means.
By sagi58

You posted:

Your supposedly rhetorical question was "How much difference a year makes", since you were most likely referring to who will be on the podium!
However, my focus was on the Alonso's opinion of a great crowd that might make at the end of the race on this upcoming Sunday.
By What's Burning?

You posted:

Your supposedly rhetorical question was "How much difference a year makes", since you were most likely referring to who will be on the podium!
However, my focus was on the Alonso's opinion of a great crowd that might make at the end of the race on this upcoming Sunday.

Oh... no wonder, I still don't get it. :blush:
By sagi58

You posted:

Oh... no wonder, I still don't get it. :blush:

I am going to take your comment at face value rather than be paranoid and assume that you are being deliberately obtuse! :blush:

So... If the race hasn't happened yet, how can anyone know what the podium will look like,
let alone what Alonso might or might not say about the crowd at Monza??

I hope that's clearer?

See our F1 related articles too!