FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By spankyham
Anyone else care to guess what the top speed (according to the FiA speed trap) will be as set in either the race our qualifying?

My guess is 356
By Hammer278
By spankyham
Spa recorded the highest top speed since 96 I heard.

So come on, let's see your guess Image
By What's Burning?

Alright I think you're very low... 371
By spankyham

Looking st everyone else's guesses it certainly looks that way. And I thought I was shooting high.
By What's Burning?

Looking st everyone else's guesses it certainly looks that way. And I thought I was shooting high.

I just compared last year's speeds and projected the data towards this year's speeds. :shrug:
By spankyham

I just compared last year's speeds and projected the data towards this year's speeds. :shrug:

I just guessed :hehe:
By Roth

As a little sidenote that might give spanky a sliver of optimism, Nico's fastest lap at Spa was faster than Vettel's last year.
By spankyham

As a little sidenote that might give spanky a sliver of optimism, Nico's fastest lap at Spa was faster than Vettel's last year.

Now that's what we want to hear. Woo Hoo
By Jabberwocky
I just had a thought on this. the gear ratio's are fixed for this year so will we have a lot of redlining cars?
By Ferrari man 009
I just had a thought on this. the gear ratio's are fixed for this year so will we have a lot of redlining cars?

Depends, some teams would have set their 8th gear purely for Monza. Others may use a joker. Given its Ferrari's home race and they have nothing to lose I wouldnt be suprised if they used it to try and improve their chances.
By What's Burning?
There was one change allowed during the year. Red Bull for example made their change in Spa.

See our F1 related articles too!