FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
In my mind, they could at least just made the gravel further back, so if you had a MEGA off, you were done.
In my mind, they could at least just made the gravel further back, so if you had a MEGA off, you were done.

I'd prefer to see a strip of something in between the track and the tarmac run off so it wouldnt be something that could be used as an advantage and in the event of a big off they weren't completely done but instead just lose a load of time.
machine guns work better than gravel traps. OR! I GOT IT. THIS WOULD BE BRILLIANT.

A SPIKE STRIP!!!!!!
I'm totally not a fan of this tarmac Parabolica. All the challenge has been taken out of it now, and no longer shall we see drivers taking extra caution or risk slithering way off the track and into the barrier.

Another corner that's been tamed. :thumbdown:
The Paul Ricard circuit has run off areas that are extremely abrasive which damages to the tyres significantly more that tarmac; which could force an extra stop; or at least degraded tyre performance. That seems to be a fair compromise instead of smooth tarmac run off zones, which often can lead to an advantage instead of a penalty. With the abrasive run off zones, if a driver goes off or uses that piece of run off zone, they will pay a penalty without compromising safety.

See our F1 related articles too!