FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Apparently four days later Ascari died at Monza.

The last Italian champion, amazing considering Ferrari's heritage.

Wikipedia also has a morbidly coincidental note about his and his father's deaths.

"There were several similarities between the deaths of Alberto and his father. Alberto Ascari died on 26 May 1955, at the age of 36. Antonio Ascari was also 36 when he died, on 26 July 1925 (Alberto was only four days older). Both were killed four days after surviving serious accidents and on the 26th day of the month. Both had crashed fatally at the exit of fast left-hand corners and both left behind a wife and two children. Another curiosity related to Alberto's death is that the only other driver to crash into the harbour at Monaco in the circuit's history, Paul Hawkins, also died on 26 May. Hawkins crashed into the harbour 10 years after Ascari, before dying when his Lola crashed into a tree at a Tourist Trophy race at Oulton Park in 1969."
I wrote a piece about suspicions and coincidences in F1 it was called suspicious minds, it included Ascari and his dad. it's here if you want to read it
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12807

You might have to scroll down a bit.
Thanks for that RC, interesting stuff.

It's always tempting to give credence to a superstition when things go wrong. It's somehow makes bad luck more dramatic.

In Senna's case you wonder if it was just him racing, the crash, or the piece of car that pierced his helmet. The romantic will say him racing. I'm a pragmatist, so I say the piece of car. Just sickening misfortune, nothing more.
If Nico gets the pole this weekend and manages to lose the race once again, with Lewis adding insult to injury by coming out ahead of him once gain. I'm going to be very :( that Mercedes have such a lackluster number 2.
If Nico gets the pole this weekend and manages to lose the race once again, with Lewis adding insult to injury by coming out ahead of him once gain. I'm going to be very :( that Mercedes have such a lackluster number 2.

Why are you calling hamilton lackluster? I thought you were rooting for him

Why are you calling hamilton lackluster? I thought you were rooting for him

Your drivers always have the piss yellow T bar... remember that.
I wanna create a WB/Geetface9 thread.

:D
Your driver always has the piss yellow helmet...remember that.

We show em' how it's done.

Ironially, the packaging for the Preparation H in your signature is also yellow!!
Too strange for words!! :eek:

See our F1 related articles too!