FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Why not have runoff areas paved in synthetic turf that will slow the car without damage. Seems mad not to with all the technology and money spent. This would mean we dont see drivers crash or dnf by going off but they pay a heavy lap time penalty instead. Gravel allows you to continue straight to the scene of the accident yet allows you to get away with it for free if you are lucky
Gives the stewards something to do in the summer break. Do we let them run all wheels off the track? Or do we not? Eenie, meenie, minie, moh!
eenie menie mieny lewis :nono:

lewis menie hamie lewis

lewis menie hamie lewis

Lewie, Lewis, Hamie, lew

lewis menie hamie lewis

Lewie, Lewis, Hamie, lew

Lewie, 5sec, DriveThru, Pits
To be fair how many people go off on that part of that corner when you're travelling in the other direction, the reason for the change was so that cars that break down can pull off and be quickly pulled in without the need for safety cars. It wasn't an F1 mandated change BTW it was decided by Monza's management, from what I've heard.

Edit:

My bad I was getting the Ascari Chicane(?) and the Parabolica confused somehow, okay now it's stupid.
Sorry if ive missed anything here, but anyone who goes off the track at Parabolica surely LOSES a lot of time through there. I cannot see how going wide there gives any benefit except saving an inevitable DNF in the event of an error.
I'm clearly spending too long on Twitter. Just saw this.

image.jpg

I replied by asking about track limits. :rofl:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

See our F1 related articles too!