FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.

Will Button be with McLaren Honda in 2015

Yes
32%
No
68%
Not if the rumour i've heard from some Sky sources is true. Apparently Bottas is going to Williams with Magnussen and Button could be finishing his career where he started it.

Just rumours you do understand though ;)
Its 50/50 for me but Button will stay I think, Don't think that McLaren have that many options, They need a top tier driver in there and I don't think they will get one. I think Button is just lucky the driver market is where is at the moment.
I kinda think he'll go but idk who'd replace him. Perhaps vitaly petrov? IF ONLY!

DANIL KVYAT!!
I firmly believe Mclaren could pay Bottas double what he earns at Williams and still save half Buttons wage. It would be a good matchup with Mags, Bottas would be very popular with Japan as the successor to Kimi. At the same time it would be a timely snipe from Ron to Frank to show he was still up to his old tricks of using Williams as an HR department.

I doubt Button will have any problems spelling sayonara or kamonanban which of course is a noodle and duck dish
This is an interesting poll. I'm still not sure, especially seeing as Boullier has very recently said Button is doing a good job. :shrug:
I kinda think he'll go but idk who'd replace him. Perhaps vitaly petrov? IF ONLY!

DANIL KVYAT!!

ah, two young ones!! Idk if red bull would allow that to happen :hehe: well...I guess it could cuz they let perez do it. If I remember right perez was in the ferrari young driver program

I firmly believe Mclaren could pay Bottas double what he earns at Williams and still save half Buttons wage. It would be a good matchup with Mags, Bottas would be very popular with Japan as the successor to Kimi. At the same time it would be a timely snipe from Ron to Frank to show he was still up to his old tricks of using Williams as an HR department.

I doubt Button will have any problems spelling sayonara or kamonanban which of course is a noodle and duck dish

ah yeah I didn't think about bottas. He could get paid more. Question is, would he want to take the risk given williams and mclarens recent form? I'm guessing mclaren would be the safer bet long term, but that always depends on if they keep bottas around long term, i.e. until they get back to the top of their game, since for all we know this season could be a one off for williams :confused:
This is an interesting poll. I'm still not sure, especially seeing as Boullier has very recently said Button is doing a good job. :shrug:

Boullier probably said the same about vitaly right before they brought in romain "first lap nutcase" grosjean.

Yes, I'm still miffed about that. Petrov had skill!
It is hard to read the signals that Mclaren are giving out. Ron has issued a hurry up but I seem to remember him saying things like that before and them staying with the team. Remember the Coultard's "Brain Fade" comment.

Jenson has a big following in Japan and Honda supported him in the past. On the flip side, Ron might be taking a new broom approach and getting rid of everything the Whitmarsh did.

So who knows.

See our F1 related articles too!