FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Personally I found the decision to give Mags a post race penalty more frustrating than the decision not to penalise Rosberg.

Why? Magnussen deserved what he got, Alonso was alongside and Magnussen shoved him off the road. It was a dangerous move. That said, I was suprised Alonso only got a 5 second penalty for the start. At the time I thought that was because they were going to throw the book at the team and hand them a significant fine but they didnt take any further action post race as it wasnt really anything under the driver's control.
I thought mags was inch perfect with both Button and Alonso. Alonso seems to clam up whenever confronted by a rookie and takes his hands of the wheel to gesticulate to Charlie thereby invoking the FIA Ferrari number 1 veto
Very harsh and inconsistent considering there was no damage done or WDC at stake
...Until F1 moves to permanent stewards, the credibility of the sport will always be questionable.

Totally agree with you, on this!!
With all the money being made/spent in this sport,
why would paying a couple of stewards a permanent
salary to travel the world be such a problem?
I thought mags was inch perfect with both Button and Alonso. Alonso seems to clam up whenever confronted by a rookie and takes his hands of the wheel to gesticulate to Charlie thereby invoking the FIA Ferrari number 1 veto
Very harsh and inconsistent considering there was no damage done or WDC at stake

I thought so as well, but I think it was because of Magnussen running Alonso of the road at high speed on that straight after Eau Rouge. Can't find the clip now but that was dangerous.
Magnussen was on the racing line. He was racing hard but fair.

Apart from shoving Alonso off the road at 200+ MPH...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-FQ_uLqfGw
It was well within the rules. You are allowed one move to defend your position.

It's what *ico did in Bahrain to both Alonso and Hamilton 2 years back, and got no penalty for it....reasoning put down by stewards is what you said.

It's what *ico did in Bahrain to both Alonso and Hamilton 2 years back, and got no penalty for it....reasoning put down by stewards is what you said.

Exactly! I remember those moves from Nice clearly :yes:

Exactly! I remember those moves from Nice clearly :yes:

..... but it's pointless to even talk about it because the discussion is there simply to take the focus away from what his teammate did. .......

I think we are all capable of having more than one discussion....?

Are you talking about the Kemmel straight move? If it is give us the rule that says you're allowed to force a competitor onto the grass.
As mag made his one allowed and legitimate defensive move Alonso had the chance to back off instead of taking to the grass, if there was a wall he would have backed off instead of the theatrics that clearly worked on the FIAt

See our F1 related articles too!