FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
I miss Andrew... footyball was funny. :hehe:

:rofl: s***, WB has been out in the sun too long!

I was actually momentarily confused as to which "andrew" he was referring to.....I mean come on WB, that guy is old news! I stopped missing his "humour" years back (has it been that long....I dont know)

I still miss mnmracer's stats though. I WANT STATS!!! Mnm!! Wake the f*** up and show us some stats reg Dan VS Seb this year. GO.

I think Andrew only left in December. Stats would be so good now. Im sure it would still show how great Vettel is.

andrew left in September last year, and mnmracer stopped posting a month later. He made a quiet visit to us in May but never left a comment.

I'm sure he's visited since but not logged in

Oh undoubtedly. I bet pretty much all members do so when they storm off, just to see what's being said about them. :hehe:

And some of them come back. :rolleyes: How many times did Tex disappear?

Many. He was probably one of the worst offenders for it. He even created some threads on the subject of his departure, which are pretty funny. Please refer to Forum & Website Issues for further details. (c. 2007 - 2011).

Check this one out for example.viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7555 And then look at the comment on the top of page 2! Didn't take him long to change his mind :hehe:

There are some golden threads in that part of the forum :drink:
That's a brilliant thread.

Tex: I'm off
Forum member 1: ok bye
Forum member 2: yeah, good luck, see ya.
Forum member 3: oh dear. Well good luck anyway
Tex: (s*** not the response I was after) surprise! I'm staying.
"to spread bigotry". Oh Cookin' do give in. You take this stuff too serious.

I wasn't defending Roth - I disagree with his viewpoint. But I don't feel the need to bring it up in every one of my posts, and get a dig in at every opportunity. A few of you guys here disagree with him too, and you all make some excellent arguments to show why what he has said is opinion based on little fact. But then you all drag it out for far too long, and bringing it up at every opportunity.

Ok fair enough, however the reason it is still brought up is simply because he continues to spew this stuff.

And although it may irritate many, there is a real reason for pointing out the generalisations and bigotry that has flowed since 2007. social media is the front line nowadays in communications, we all know the bigots spread their stuff on it, we know the security services also use it to influence public opinion, well so do those who like to watch sports not politics disguised as sports, agendas fed to the gullible
Ultimately the squeaky wheel gets the oil and if a comment has to be repeated 100 times, and it somehows contributes to the people in the teams who monitor public opinion, then thats good. Because for sure the bigots will repeat 1000 times in different guises

I think roth is ok, I also know that he is doing the work of others without realising it, just like when some tifosi on other sites say the racing is boring, cars are too slow etc and dont realise they are the opiated foot soldiers of a profit motive driven agenda

edit: maybe its too 'serious' but there are some who have never got up out of their comfort zones to go and physically protest something they disagree with, saying 'what can I do, its too serious etc' I find this completely incomprehensible and irresponsible but I respect their right not to, when they condemn others for it is when it can turn ugly :thumbup:

Your grasp of irony and the ability to turn it into comedy is gold.

First you were equating pointing out a couple of flaws in Hamilton to being a kiddy fiddler. You tried to cover it but under your description that is what people assume, it's the cliche of how people react and you threw it in there

Then you go on a rant (again) which lumps me in with bigots. Or call me a bigot. You phrase it ambiguously. Then say:

"if a comment has to be repeated 100 times, and it somehows contributes to the people in the teams who monitor public opinion, then thats good. Because for sure the bigots will repeat 1000 times in different guises"

Which is exactly what you do to people's opinions you don't tolerate. You constantly distort and repeat.

And I'll throw in a definition of bigot incase, you wrote it to sound clever without knowing what it means.

"a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance".

I'll also throw in, free of charge, a little something else.

"Bullying is the use of force, threat, or coercion to abuse, intimidate, or aggressively impose domination over others. The behavior is often repeated and habitual. One essential prerequisite is the perception, by the bully or by others, of an imbalance of social or physical power. Behaviors used to assert such domination can include verbal harassment or threat, physical assault or coercion, and such acts may be directed repeatedly towards particular targets...

Bullying may be defined as the activity of repeated, aggressive behavior intended to hurt another person, physically or mentally. Bullying is characterized by an individual behaving in a certain way to gain power over another person."

As I've said cookie I can bat you away all day. I'm pointing out your behaviour so maybe you can temper it. I'm not doing anyone's work. These are just the things I think about Hamilton. It's not school, it's not us and them, it's just a bunch of people who follow the same sport, and you turn it into something much more serious.
First you were equating pointing out a couple of flaws in Hamilton to being a kiddy fiddler. You tried to cover it but under your description that is what people assume, it's the cliche of how people react and you threw it in there

You pointed out a couple of flaws, at a time and in a manner that can best be described as provocative, please see the highlighted part below. When it was pointed out that this was the bread and butter for the bigotry that has followed Lewis around, you were invited to qualify the claims and maybe provide some evidence for this opinion so that we could be reassured that a) you were not the type of person who regularly pops up out the woodwork and propogates the usual myths and b) it wasnt a coincidence that you had suddenly found out the 'truth' about lewis at a low point for his fans.

It feels now that the extra speed Hamilton has is no longer an advantage because he finds a way of negating it. I'm starting to feel we've seen this before in Hamilton, this psychological weakness we pretend is misfortune.

It's gutting, I get that. But I realise Hamilton has a psychological weakeness that Nico's exploiting by proxy, and it's pointless denying it.

Since then you have continue to peddle this, you have been asked point blank if you still think this despite more evidence 2 races in a row. He drives from the back to 3rd but he is still sloppy and desperate and impatient. You avoid the question and start widening the focus to other areas - I say flanking manouvre because you dont abandon the 2 statements above, instead move around them and divert attention.
And so while these statements are still 'live' and not retracted they have become a cliche for blind bigotry - like i said before I dont think you are a bigot etc, but I think these 2 statenments are bigotted when there is no evidence behind them and despite facts to the contrary you continue with them and continue to laugh at and provoke his fans.
Just incase you are in doubt the bigotry from statements like that goes back many years to the first coloured sportstars boxers who were always said to be instinctive brutes without the ability to think, strataegise, keep emotions in check - i.e pscychological weakness. Now ofcourse anyone can have their own theories but what rankles is when people wanting to see exciting sports are told x isnt exciting because blah blah blah, i.e politics takes over sport, and we are told who we should watch and who we shouldnt it gets people heated up and thats when it gets ugly. Especially as real sports fans know where its going anyway. There was a time when the boxers couldnt 'think' so everyone had to watch boxers who were not really the best putting on big stinks, rigged crap, and the real fans want to see the best, doesnt matter if they are black, blue, female, gay, when we are fobbed off with lame ducks we feel cheated, when we feel cheated we boo

So since 2007 we have been told what we are seeing is not true because of those willing to hijack sports for political reasons, so those not on the agenda are cheated, bullyed, held back, derided, it becomes taboo to support them, why? becuase of a few perverts who are not interested in sports anyway. For me I would love to see a woman enter F1 and beat some guys, because thats whats good about sports - the stories the excitement the amazement. I wouldnt feel threatened (wel as long as it wasnt my other half and she was beating me lol) But the perverts would get angry that a woman can dare do something that threatens their fat slob singlet wearing wife beating beer spilling sister and kiddie fiddling remote grabbing 'sports' from the sofa, and so they start rigging things and cheating and deriding etc etc - All to fix the result - I mean wtf is the point in that?

Bullying may be defined as the activity of repeated, aggressive behavior intended to hurt another person, physically or mentally. Bullying is characterized by an individual behaving in a certain way to gain power over another person."

As I've said cookie I can bat you away all day. I'm pointing out your behaviour so maybe you can temper it. I'm not doing anyone's work. These are just the things I think about Hamilton. It's not school, it's not us and them, it's just a bunch of people who follow the same sport, and you turn it into something much more serious.

All you have to do was say, i take it back, or stop peddling it, instead you dig out some random google crap, we asked you if only Lewis had this mental issue and yu dont answer

yeah, cry me a river, its the same with all you yahoos, you like to give it out, and think you are been clever and subtle, and you wait for the time and start with the digs, but when you get it back at you its all 'poor me' press the report button, oh hes picking on me etc etc

I only respond in kind to bigots and bullies in whaever disguise, but as most guys know, you give benefit of doubt and do a lot of talking, deflate things, but at some point its obvious there is a confilct, at that point theres is no point doing anything other than hitting back with everything you got,qucikly, no queensbury rules or Corinthian values. So you enjoy winding us up with Lewis' mental health and its all a lot of fun, but hwen its turned back on you, (admittedly, out of porportion and to excess) then its all tears and 'poor me'

ok i have so its likley i have made a few mistakes in this long post but i intend basically the essence of it :thumbup:
god, you're a drag.

:nono: Don't take my name in vain! :bellydance:

He didn't use a capital "G", so he must not have been referring to you!! :thumbup:

Ooh, that pushes right against my G-spot! :eek:

Is that what they call that little thing that hangs at the back of your throat? :wink:
That's a brilliant thread.

Tex: I'm off
Forum member 1: ok bye
Forum member 2: yeah, good luck, see ya.
Forum member 3: oh dear. Well good luck anyway
Tex: (s*** not the response I was after) surprise! I'm staying.

And after that, he wanted this response but didn't get it either. The thread just died.

[youtube]ddtfoiaWGqs[/youtube]

See our F1 related articles too!