FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
"to spread bigotry". Oh Cookin' do give in. You take this stuff too serious.

I wasn't defending Roth - I disagree with his viewpoint. But I don't feel the need to bring it up in every one of my posts, and get a dig in at every opportunity. A few of you guys here disagree with him too, and you all make some excellent arguments to show why what he has said is opinion based on little fact. But then you all drag it out for far too long, and bringing it up at every opportunity.
One of my favorites was when JV and Zonta, in 99, decided to try and take Eau Rouge without lifting, and they both binned it.

Yup, remember that clearly. Very peculiar livery on the BAR that season:

[youtube]fRH75RyTgKk[/youtube]
"to spread bigotry". Oh Cookin' do give in. You take this stuff too serious.

I wasn't defending Roth - I disagree with his viewpoint. But I don't feel the need to bring it up in every one of my posts, and get a dig in at every opportunity. A few of you guys here disagree with him too, and you all make some excellent arguments to show why what he has said is opinion based on little fact. But then you all drag it out for far too long, and bringing it up at every opportunity.

Ok fair enough, however the reason it is still brought up is simply because he continues to spew this stuff.

And although it may irritate many, there is a real reason for pointing out the generalisations and bigotry that has flowed since 2007. social media is the front line nowadays in communications, we all know the bigots spread their stuff on it, we know the security services also use it to influence public opinion, well so do those who like to watch sports not politics disguised as sports, agendas fed to the gullible
Ultimately the squeaky wheel gets the oil and if a comment has to be repeated 100 times, and it somehows contributes to the people in the teams who monitor public opinion, then thats good. Because for sure the bigots will repeat 1000 times in different guises

I think roth is ok, I also know that he is doing the work of others without realising it, just like when some tifosi on other sites say the racing is boring, cars are too slow etc and dont realise they are the opiated foot soldiers of a profit motive driven agenda

edit: maybe its too 'serious' but there are some who have never got up out of their comfort zones to go and physically protest something they disagree with, saying 'what can I do, its too serious etc' I find this completely incomprehensible and irresponsible but I respect their right not to, when they condemn others for it is when it can turn ugly :thumbup:
Last edited by CookinFlat6 on 28 Jul 14, 12:35, edited 1 time in total.
Already........good lord :eek:

Back on topic, eau rouge is the bomb!

Mark used to like it.

He had an epic pass there alonso in 2011!!

[youtube]8sYtKMVwoMU[/youtube]

Brilliant pass! :clap:
Kimi had a good one there in 2012 too! Is it bad that I was kinda upset that the commentators didn't say, "that was reminiscent of webber's pass on alonso last year!" ?? :hehe:

[youtube]neRS9E_hZDU[/youtube]
Speaking of Eau Rouge - I like this twitter.....

https://twitter.com/_markgallagher/status/493705223345807360/photo/1

How not to manoeuvre a truck in the upper paddock at Spa. With thanks to @BasLeinders for the pic #AirBrakes

And a slightly lighter exposure....

I hope that was during the massive storms a couple years back, otherwise the driver has been watching too many re runs of 'The Italian job' :hehe:

See our F1 related articles too!