FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
It's a shame that Nico and Lewis couldn't have a "gentleman's agreement" that if one is leading by between 25 and 50 points going into the last race they are allowed to take the title unchallenged.

Will never happen, but would be a nice idea.

This points system is horrible, although didn't Jones lose the 79 title because of an absurd points system too?
I am fully in support of WHOMEVER is leading by Abu Dhabi, if by less than 50 points should do a Senna on the other, no finer way to make Bernie look the senile greedy joke of a man he's become.

For the benefit of the sport I'd totally support that as well :thumbup:
Why is it always the assumption that it will favour Nico? That's very negative thinking. If in the finishing end it favours Hamilton is it still such a bad system? Or will it be that Hamilton deserved it for his driving over the season. And I'm ignoring your exact parameters, RyRy, not because they're ridiculous, but they are an extreme example which is just going to ruffle up some indignant feathers as they think about the possible injustice to their man. You either grudgingly accept it for it's ridiculousness and hope it disappears next year, or rally against it to no end and give yourself an ulcer.

Sigh there you go again, the anti-lewis, pro-nico stace thinking that this topic is slating rosberg and suggesting that it will favour rosberg. The scenario is using the CURRENT standings taking the driver who ALREADY has more wins, it's just a scenario stop trying to think we're all being biased or whatever.

It's a stupid rule regardless, even if it favours Hamilton. I support pretty much all drivers and im more than happy with either of the two drivers i mentioned winning races and winning the championship.
I am sure that if something strange happens in the last round of the championship, I think we should re-visit this thread to see how many people flip flop on the idea.

I think weighting any race more than any other is a joke.
If it does come to it and the double points affects the outcome I imagine fans of those benefitting will accept it and fans of those losing out won't be as accepting but I don't really see anyone changing their minds to thinking its a good idea.
On the points, crap poo! As someone else said, be it Nico or Lewis or A.N other who wins the last race against a leading driver having a DNF it's a travesty. Shouldn't be happening. Silly, silly little man , Bernie!

If Lewis wins because of the double points, a little part if me will be celebrating, but the better part if me will be thinking, this is not right and should never ever have been allowed to happen. It makes a mockery of the sport.
I have visions of Bernie saying to race tracks "well if you pay me an extra few million I will make your race a bit more important by making it worth more points"

Assuming Bernie is not in jail

Sent using NCC-1701
Don't give him any ideas, he might be reading this. Or paying someone to read it.

It's clear Roth is Bernies informer (lmao, I'm only joking around! CALM DOWN ROTH!)

I need a snigger / splutter smilie, non quite fit the bill. This will have to do :hehe:
I have visions of Bernie saying to race tracks "well if you pay me an extra few million I will make your race a bit more important by making it worth more points"

Assuming Bernie is not in jail

Sent using NCC-1701

Bernie will sell every race double points.
Bernie is a weird money grabbing small person.

See our F1 related articles too!