FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Excellent win by Ricciardo. Right now I would say that he is the best driver in F1. He is showing amazing skills.
I am guessing you said the same of Seb last year?

Taking the starting positions and the cars do you think Ricc showed more amazing skills than Alonso or Lewis. just curios

Sure. He and Alonso qualified together and in the end it was Ricciardo passing the both the Ferrari and a Mercedes for the win. Spectacular driving. Alonso took a conservative approach to the race and did well but nothing amazing imo. Lewis was lucky to have his mistake wiped clean by the safety car and was the driver who benefited the most from the safety car time-wise as well, 30 secs? I agree with Lewis when he said that his drive wasn't that great. He did though make a nice pass on Vergne which his teammate couldn't do, so he did better than Rosberg.

Seb in the last half of last year had a super dominant cars so I wouldn't have have said the same of him. Ricciardo is driving a significantly inferior Renault powered car so to win passing a Ferrari and a Merc in the closing laps is amazing. I think we are seeing in this race the old guard being pushed aside by the future champion!
I think we are seeing in this race the old guard being pushed aside by the future champion!

You have noticed Ricc is beating his teammate then :thumbup:

which amazing bit of skill would you say Ricc pulled that was better than Lewis' pass on JEV?
Interestingly Red Bull, or I should say Ricciardo only wins a race when Mercedes has a mechanical issue, Hamilton is out of the picture or his car is on fire and has to make a two stop strategy work in order to get on the podium from the pit lane.

Changing of the guard indeed... at Red Red Bull.
...I think it is bad drills from Lauda not to tow the party line in public about the radio call.

I agree!! If they have "dirty laundry", it should be take care of behind closed doors.
Lauda was obviously trying to do the "political" thing by trying to diffuse the anger
and frustration of Hamilton fans; but, criticizing your team publicly isn't the best
way to do it.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Hamilton were reminded of the same thing.
His public defiance of a team order won't have gone unnoticed from within.
He won't have had the same information/data in the car that the team had
in front of them, when they first asked him not to hold Rosberg up.

n.b. I am NOT saying is was a good call, just that it was a team call.
...I think it is bad drills from Lauda not to tow the party line in public about the radio call.

I agree!! If they have "dirty laundry", it should be take care of behind closed doors.
Lauda was obviously trying to do the "political" thing by trying to diffuse the anger
and frustration of Hamilton fans; but, criticizing your team publicly isn't the best
way to do it.

But you do realise he didn't actually hold Rosberg up, yeah?

way to do it.

But you do realise he didn't actually hold Rosberg up, yeah?

I do know that Rosberg didn't attempt to get alongside Hamilton, yes.
But, we all know how competitive they've been and with the intensity
of this title fight increasing, it's understandable that Rosberg wanted
to make sure they wouldn't make contact and ruin both their races.

way to do it.

I getting a deja vu about all this

didnt you say when Seb did it that it was ok to publically slate your team providing it wasnt during the race?

and I am betting you loved it when Luca slated Alonso in public right?

At least the Sagi show always brightens ones day like a favourite cartoon :thumbup:
I do know that Rosberg didn't attempt to get alongside Hamilton, yes.
But, we all know how competitive they've been and with the intensity
of this title fight increasing, it's understandable that Rosberg wanted

And maybe that shows the difference between them, as racers. Nico was too scared to go for the overtake because he didnt think he could do it without crashing?
it's understandable that Rosberg wanted

hmmn, but he wasnt so reticent on the last lap when Lewis' tyres were shot :scratchchin:

surely you cant have it both ways :yikes:

way to do it.

Oh....

So what is your opinion about Alonso badmouthing his car the past few years, Luca talking smack about Alonso talking smack about the team, Luca talking smack about Alonso's qualifying speed? Surely all this must be behind "closed doors".

Enlighten me.

See our F1 related articles too!