FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By racechick
I decided not to clog the Lewis thread up with this, so here it is in a topic all if it's own. Some of this comes from an article I've read recently, some I've gleaned over the years and some is my thoughts. Take what you want from it to decide whether you think Nicole is good for Lewis or bad for Lewis or just ignore it completely.

Nicole Scherzinger, 35 yrs old, born in Honolulu to a half Hawaiian , half Ukrainian mother and a Filipino father. Her father deserted the family when she was two and she was brought up in Kentucky where she was adopted by her German stepfather whose name she took. They were relatively poor but from an early age she had a desperate desire to sing or act, so much so that her parents managed to send her to a dramatic arts school. At this school she strived always to be the best. She was brought up a Roman Catholic and remains deeply religious. She had confidence issues as a youngster and suffered from bulimia. (she now eats healthily indulging in French cheese and favourite sweets when the fancy takes. She is now comfortable in her own skin and proud if her curves). In the pussycat dolls she was often considered bossy." I'm not bossy " she said, but she admitted she is a perfectionist and will work and work until things are right.
She began her career in girl band that won Popstars( American idol) she then joined Pussycat dolls where she was once supported by the little known Rhianna and Lady Gaga. She then began a solo career with several hits. Whatever she does, she gives 100%. She has a high work ethic and gets emotionally involved in her work. On X factor she invested so totally in the contestants she helped it drained her emotionally and took all her time, she had to put her own music on hold. Now she has left X factor to concentrate in her own career. She has a recording deal, a single due out this summer and an album in the autumn. She also does Muller yoghurt adverts and designs for her favourite online clothing brand 'Misguided' http://www.missguided.co.uk/Nicole this is not high end market stuff like Victoria Beckham, you can get dresses for £25.

So, that's Nicole. Lewis you all know, but the similarities are startling.

Both From relatively poor backgrounds. Both had a burning desire to follow a certain path. Despite difficulties both supported by parents. Both with a talent that transcended a likely career outcome. Both with high work ethics. Both had their parents split up when they were two. Both outwardly emotional. Both felt somewhat apart from the society they were in ( Lewis bullied, Nicole suffering bulimia). Both overcame these difficulties . Both very religious. Both hold family as very very important.

They have both said they are sole mates. Even during a split Lewis described Nicole as the love of his life, there could be no other, he said. They've been together for six years, and that while trying to juggle two high profile and time consuming careers and living in different continents. Twice they decided it was unworkable but both were miserable apart. They are still together and grab time when they can. One of their favourite things to do together is visit the supermarket and chose food for a meal ( fajitas or pasta) . They go out for meals sometimes but Lewis hasn't been 'out' out since New Year's Eve.
Nicole would like a family but says that's much further down the line, she doesn't want one yet, but she adds, if she says anything to the press the headlines will be 'Nicole wants a baby now' , everything gets twisted. He lives in Monaco and she is based in Los Angeles. When asked if they have a future together she is coy. Everything about us is out there, she says, we want to keep a little bit private, just for us.

I say they are perfect for each other. You make your choice.
By CookinFlat6
When the facts at laid out like that their relationship suddenly makes a lot of sense. And if she is perfect for Lewis as the facts could imply, then why should he let a short term shallow occupation like F1 interfere with the woman he is going to spend a lifetime with while pursuing a lifelong occupation together using their brand to do good around the world and help others.

Who cares about trying to come second in a rigged, failing competition in 2011 when important things have to be done, like working out if this is the soulmate for the next 70 years

Great info RC, although I'm sure we are still gonna hear the ""truth"" about Nicole beyond the facts
By racechick
Cookie, you mention something I forgot to include. charity work is close to both their hearts and is something they hope to pursue and spend more time on through their life. Lewis is primarily involved with Save the children, Nicole works for a raft of charities with particular interest in people with special needs. She is ambassador for 'special Olympics' and is involved in holiday camps for people with special needs. ( Lewis' brother has cerebral palsy and Nicole's aunt has Down's syndrome)
By RyRy
I personally think they are perfect for each other, the similarities between them is uncanny, way more than most people.

Both of them are extremely passionate about what they do and both have deep emotions that run how they think, act and do their jobs. We see it in Lewis a lot... I can speak personally here that deep normally deep emotions stem from childhood pain(s) or childhood love considering they come from poor backgrounds I would think it comes from pains so while i can't understand from that aspect I know how how important it is having someone even a friend who similar and knows, understands the problems that come with those emotions.

Trying to delve into their thoughts and them as people is impossible. In their own homes they will be completely different people. It's fairly easy to hide your true self from people.

We all know that Lewis on a few races when him and Nicole split up that he was not performing how he normally did and as soon as they got back together it was very much obvious Lewis looked happy and was suddenly performing again.

As someone who is all for privacy, hides his true self and knows how very wrong people are about me as a person I don't like these sorts of posts, I know it's only a discussion but I just feel this sort of subject should be left alone and let them get on with it, who are we to judge and say if they're bad for each other...

I do understand your interest though and the fact is just a discussion but yeah there are my thoughts.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
By racechick
I understand where you're coming from RyRy but the thing is Lewis is never left alone and much of the stuff that is written about him is biased at best, downright untrue at worse. Witness Mr. Podmore on our news page. This was an attempt to get some facts out there. Privacy is best I agree, failing that some semblance at the truth beats what is usually regurgitated about Lewis.

Nicole didn't go to the British GP, though she said she prayed with all her heart for a good result. She met Lewis later for a meal. No doubt had she been there it would have been her distracting influence that caused Lewis to make a split second wrong decision in quali.
Vivienne ( then to be) Rosberg I believe was there, as I suspect were other girlfriends or wives. But that's ok. It's only Lewis that gets distracted.
By RyRy
I understand where you're coming from RyRy but the thing is Lewis is never left alone and much of the stuff that is written about him is biased at best, downright untrue at worse. Witness Mr. Podmore on our news page. This was an attempt to get some facts out there. Privacy is best I agree, failing that some semblance at the truth beats what is usually regurgitated about Lewis.

Nicole didn't go to the British GP, though she said she prayed with all her heart for a good result. She met Lewis later for a meal. No doubt had she been there it would have been her distracting influence that caused Lewis to make a split second wrong decision in quali.
Vivienne ( then to be) Rosberg I believe was there, as I suspect were other girlfriends or wives. But that's ok. It's only Lewis that gets distracted.

Yeah, I personally think she or any other wife, girlfriend make zero bad influences, distractions but instead make positive influences and distractions. It gives the drivers support and gives a reason to keep fighting.

Racing drivers race to win, proving you're the best to your other half whilst is a bit arrogant is pretty natural.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
By sagi58
Thanks for that, RC!!!

Here's hoping they are happy together, forever!! :thumbup:
By geetface9
I think I'd find a girlfriend being at a race weekend more distracting than anything. I can just imagine the whinging... "omg he didn't kiss me the second he got out of the car!" :hehe:

You know lewis has some side kitty. Dude that rich and famous...he's rolling in it like tiger woods :rofl:
By racechick
No, he absolutely doesn't! :irked:
By Roth
Remember the Mark Webber interview when they asked him that question with his wife sitting next to him? Lawd that was awkward.
By racechick
Well. Mark Webber's wife was married when she met him :yikes: and a lot older than him. I've also heard on the girlie grapevine that Mark isn't a player.
By Roth
I dunno. His reaction had sprung written all over it. Although I haven't heard anything on the manly, er, meatvine, so you're probably right.
By Hammer278
I think I'd find a girlfriend being at a race weekend more distracting than anything. I can just imagine the whinging... "omg he didn't kiss me the second he got out of the car!" :hehe:

You know lewis has some side kitty. Dude that rich and famous...he's rolling in it like tiger woods :rofl:

Too true! :hehe: I'd never have a girlfriend/wife/date at my workplace, sorry. Paddock passes, enjoy the race from there....stay out of my garage. :twisted:

And Lewis having side kitty....I highly doubt it. The guy is an emo basket when it comes to Nicole, he really looks like a 1 woman kinda guy. Definitely not utilizing his 'F1 driver' mantel nearly enough. :groucho:
By geetface9

Too true! :hehe: I'd never have a girlfriend/wife/date at my workplace, sorry. Paddock passes, enjoy the race from there....stay out of my garage. :twisted:

And Lewis having side kitty....I highly doubt it. The guy is an emo basket when it comes to Nicole, he really looks like a 1 woman kinda guy. Definitely not utilizing his 'F1 driver' mantel nearly enough. :groucho:

:hehe: I'm glad somebody feels me on the g/f thing!

I guess I could see him as a one woman kind of guy given his being an "emo basket" when it comes to her :rofl:

No, he absolutely doesn't! :irked:

I'm not even taking a jab at lewis right now, he's still a man at the end of the day and he likes kitty as much as anybody else. As much as anybody wants to or doesn't want to believe it, it's totally not outside the realm of possibility that he has a one off once in a while since his g/f LIVES ON A DIFFERENT CONTINENT :rofl: He's already fighting for the championship, he doesn't need to be fighting...um...."build up" :rofl:
By Hammer278
RC...what if I told you...Lewis watches pron just before GP weekends. :twisted:

See our F1 related articles too!