FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Over indulgent parents also tell their kids off. It's not an either/or situation. When I make a point I usually hope people will see that if I'm talking about real world things like the kids and parents there are no absolutes. I wasn't trying to define their relationship in strict terms saying this is how it is, black and white. You can't suspend reality to try and turn my point against me. So yes some 'fanboys' criticise him, but it still doesn't mean they don't indulge mistakes. I said earlier I think unless it's irrefutable like Silverstone you look for the positives in Hamilton. I think it's a bit more complicated than that. Which is where my points about mental weakness and being a bit ragged come from. So the handling of the tires comes from that. I felt he could have refined an excellent strategy slightly.

And you probably know better than me what makes over indulgent parents, you see it more often. From my POV it's usually a fear of failure and how that would reflect badly on themselves usually under the guise of what's best for the child.

And thanks for appreciating my effort. I wouldn't stick around if I didn't enjoy it.
What makes over indulgent parents? A range of things I guess.
Lack of understanding that children need boundaries.
Fear of disciplining the child.
Over liberal ideals.
Fear of confrontation.
Poor parenting skills
Lazy parenting, take the easy option.

I'm sure there loads more as well if I stop and think. Non of those are why I defend Lewis from what I see as unfair criticism.
I dont think you understand the term 'Fanboy'. ITs a bit like an Indian Summer. ;)

Is there a standard definition of fanboy?

It has derogatory connotations. We've had this discussion before.
Over liberal ideals.
Fear of confrontation.
Poor parenting skills

I'm sure there loads more as well if I stop and think. Non of those are why I defend Lewis from what I see as unfair criticism.

Well if little Lewis turns into an alcoholic, don't say I didn't try to warn you.
Over liberal ideals.
Fear of confrontation.
Poor parenting skills

Well if little Lewis turns into an alcoholic, don't say I didn't try to warn you.

Doesnt seem to have done Kimi's prospects any harm....?
Little Lewis hardly drinks at all.
Little Lewis hardly drinks at all.

what a girl.

He needs a night out with you and Geet. :P

See our F1 related articles too!