FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Aha, so Vettel SHOULD have let Alonso back through - as he went wide at Copse while passing Fernando. Surely thats track limits and gaining an advantage?

Even Nico agrees :)

https://vine.co/v/MxQwlnqAKdi

Nico agrees does he? That you shouldn't leave the track and gain an advantage? Well that's interesting.
Aha, so Vettel SHOULD have let Alonso back through - as he went wide at Copse while passing Fernando. Surely thats track limits and gaining an advantage?

Even Nico agrees :)

https://vine.co/v/MxQwlnqAKdi

Nico agrees does he? That you shouldn't leave the track and gain an advantage? Well that's interesting.

Of course he was watching from a different angle with this one. :hehe:
Heh, so not love at first sight then?

We should all have some sort of identifying clothing for forum members to make it easier :P

We should meet up at a GP, I'd like to see how everyone really is in real life. :hehe:

It would be extremely interesting to see how everyone is in person to how I see and think they are like on the forum. I'm pretty sure that based on everyone's posts I would get on with CookinFlat and racechick more then others but I'd also be shy and quiet so yeah lol
Heh, so not love at first sight then?

We should all have some sort of identifying clothing for forum members to make it easier :P

We should meet up at a GP, I'd like to see how everyone really is in real life. :hehe:

It would be extremely interesting to see how everyone is in person to how I see and think they are like on the forum. I'm pretty sure that based on everyone's posts I would get on with CookinFlat and racechick more then others but I'd also be shy and quiet so yeah lol

You'd be fine RyRy, I guarantee it!
He was OK on the old layout, and he got pole last year. A record that hardly strikes fear.

Nico will keep plugging away. It seems it's all he has to do. He's breached that psychological barrier of being a win and then some up. His luck might hand him the championship, then what do you do, bitch about it? Nobody won a championship on pure skill.

It feels now that the extra speed Hamilton has is no longer an advantage because he finds a way of negating it. I'm starting to feel we've seen this before in Hamilton, this psychological weakness we pretend is misfortune.

this one....
I have to let what go? The facts of the situation? No, won't do that.
If Monaco were reversed Rosberg would still be ahead. Correct. And that's because Lewis has had two DNF's . All part of racing absolutely. But let's not try to pretend Lewis is behind because he messed up one quali session, let's be real about this and stick to the facts. He's behind because of the DNF's. Has Nico 'messed up' all the other quali sessions where he's finished behind Lewis? no, just not been quite as fast , as happened to Lewis in Canada.

Rosberg doesn't 'keep finishing ahead' of Hamilton, he's done so twice. That's exactly half of the times Hamilton has finished ahead of Rosberg. Again,your facts aren't quite right.

I've never suggested Rosberg has made any dubious moves other than the Monacco quali move. He's driving extremely well, though again, if you look at the error rate you'll find he's made more errors than Lewis, they just haven't cost him; and of course when Hamilton makes ONE mistake suddenly he has a psychological weakness and is error stewn. It really is laughable.

Monaco has to be let go. It's one incident. There's something bigger going on.

And it's not a matter of being behind due to DNFs. It's being beaten where he shouldn't be - so further behind than he should be.

Qualifying is crucial. The whole race result rests on it. He messed up the last two Q3s. In a normal season that's not too damaging, but this season his only competition is consistently fast enough to exploit that despite being slightly down on pure pace. It's a fine line between success and failure. For Hamilton in that Merc P9 to P2 isn't a great drive it's the minimum he should be achieving, and it's hurting him every time he has to recover from poor quali. The DNFs compund the situaution. It's why he can't afford to have poor Q3s. And that's what he's been doing. If he's faster but finishing second there's some sort of weakness there.

He wasn't making these mistakes before Monaco, and if it carries on we can't put it down to coincidence. If he recovers and performs to the standards pre-Monaco we can just see it as a blip. He has to wrestle back the advantage now though because the title is slipping away if he carries on like this. The story of the Merc this season, more or less, is get in front, stay in front. If Hamilton keeps ruining quali it's game over. He's giving Nico confidence to grow into the role of leader, where he's not just hoping to win but expecting to.

This one...

See our F1 related articles too!