FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Hate him don't you Geet, he's that good eh! :rofl:

Lewis was smokin everyone's arse last year till all the tyres started popping.

FYI rc, geet is drunk....I think he started drinking when the chequered flag waved.

Let's face it, Lewis didn't deserve to win today....he cocked it up in Q3. Even with the insane race pace we could argue he should've won because of pit stops but he should've done half the job yesterday.

Let's watch him go back to domination at his home GP....it's another horsepower track, and it's his home, and the Pirelli tyres are strong this year.

Onwards and upwards! :clap:

FYI rc, geet is drunk....I think he started drinking when the chequered flag waved.

Let's face it, Lewis didn't deserve to win today....he cocked it up in Q3. Even with the insane race pace we could argue he should've won because of pit stops but he should've done half the job yesterday.

Let's watch him go back to domination at his home GP....it's another horsepower track, and it's his home, and the Pirelli tyres are strong this year.

Onwards and upwards! :clap:

I started drinking before the 30 min pre-race timer started counting down :drink::drink::drink::drink::drink:
11 days until I get there, can't wait. Looking forward to the pit walk and the F1 Show at the track on the Thursday too :)

Of course the main event starts on the Thursday. Looking at the long range forecasts the weather is looking a bit erm... British. After the good weather last year I can't see us having a dry qualifying and race this year!

hehe, yup! You're going to Silverstone right? You better wave to the cameras and make sure we see you.

hehe, yup! You're going to Silverstone right? You better wave to the cameras and make sure we see you.

I will :wavey::D
Not a track Nico or Hamilton's been particularly successful on. Neither has the advantage. Here's hoping Hamilton doesn't shoot himself in the foot yet again. It's becoming the defining trait of the season so far.
Did you not watch Hamilton at Silverstone in 2006, 2008, and last year? My, you missed some real treats!! Check them out!

Defining trait? Hamilton shooting himself in the foot? :rofl: Now just take a look at that.
He made a bad error in quali at Austria starting 9th but recovered to 2nd.

He was slightly slower in Quali at Canada than Rosberg but would have beaten him had. Rosberg not accelerated through a chicane and Lewis then having a DNF....which actually saved Rosberg from one.

Monaco. Rosberg made an 'error' but gained from it. Lewis lost from Rosberg's error.

Bahrain. Slightly slower in quali than Roseberg but overtook him in the race.

All the rest poles and wins bar the Opening DNF.

Whatever was Rosberg doing during all these wins and poles? Was he shooting himself in the foot? or like Geet says, was he "blowing his qualifying" several races in a row?
Did you not watch Hamilton at Silverstone in 2006, 2008, and last year? My, you missed some real treats!! Check them out!

Defining trait? Hamilton shooting himself in the foot? :rofl: Now just take a look at that.
He made a bad error in quali at Austria starting 9th but recovered to 2nd.

He was slightly slower in Quali at Canada than Rosberg but would have beaten him had. Rosberg not accelerated through a chicane and Lewis then having a DNF....which actually saved Rosberg from one.

Monaco. Rosberg made an 'error' but gained from it. Lewis lost from Rosberg's error.

Bahrain. Slightly slower in quali than Roseberg but overtook him in the race.

All the rest poles and wins bar the Opening DNF.

Whatever was Rosberg doing during all these wins and poles? Was he shooting himself in the foot? or like Geet says, was he "blowing his qualifying" several races in a row?

The last three races he should have won, but poor qualifying performances impacted his race. He should be god knows how many points up now, not 29 behind. He should never have been chasing in the first place. Monaco was unfortunate but it was silly to leave his best till last. Canada was a result of following and pushing behind Nico, and Austria he just fluffed it plain and simple, and never found good track position for a sustained attack.

I don't see Silverstone as being a Hamilton track, so he's got to stop making silly mistakes otherwise we've seen what Nico does. We've just had some Hamilton tracks and that didn't work out well for that reason.

If he maximised his potential he'd be streets ahead. Instead he's messing up. Knock Vettel, and by god i love to, but the man was ruthless when he saw what was at stake. Hamilton is handing this WC to Rosberg.
Take out the two DNF's and he would be streets ahead.
I disagree that Silverstone is not a good track for him. He went very well there before F1 and in F1 he's had two poles and a win( would have had last year as well but for the tyre)
He's made one real error, Austria quali. Nico has made several but the lucks been with him and he's gained advantage from his errors.
He was OK on the old layout, and he got pole last year. A record that hardly strikes fear.

Nico will keep plugging away. It seems it's all he has to do. He's breached that psychological barrier of being a win and then some up. His luck might hand him the championship, then what do you do, bitch about it? Nobody won a championship on pure skill.

It feels now that the extra speed Hamilton has is no longer an advantage because he finds a way of negating it. I'm starting to feel we've seen this before in Hamilton, this psychological weakness we pretend is misfortune.

See our F1 related articles too!