FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Out of curiosity I was just checking out how many times each mercedes driver beat their teammate in each half of the season last year. I'm just defining "beat their teammate" as who finished ahead of who, including retirements.

2013, first half of the season, lewis beat nico 7 to 3. In the second half of the season, nico beat lewis 6 to 3. Nico had three retirements during the year to lewis' one, and all three of nico's retirements were in the first half of the season while lewis' sole retirement was in the second half of the season in japan. This obviously isn't a guarantee of how things will turn out in the 2nd half of the season. If history repeats itself then nico seems to have the edge for the title.

Just fun facts to look forward to for nico going into the summer break :thumbup:

So you're saying there was a switch in fortunes midway regarding failures, good to know geet..
Well it's interesting to compare first and second half of the season.

I'm predicting Hamilton will qualify well this race but not finish first.

We've got a lovely prediction game we run every GP. I'm currently leading it. :blush:
I'm currently leading it.

Really? I didnt know that? You've kept that quiet. :clap:

I am the most humble human being on the planet. :blush:
Out of curiosity I was just checking out how many times each mercedes driver beat their teammate in each half of the season last year. I'm just defining "beat their teammate" as who finished ahead of who, including retirements.

2013, first half of the season, lewis beat nico 7 to 3. In the second half of the season, nico beat lewis 6 to 3. Nico had three retirements during the year to lewis' one, and all three of nico's retirements were in the first half of the season while lewis' sole retirement was in the second half of the season in japan. This obviously isn't a guarantee of how things will turn out in the 2nd half of the season. If history repeats itself then nico seems to have the edge for the title.

Just fun facts to look forward to for nico going into the summer break :thumbup:

So you're saying there was a switch in fortunes midway regarding failures, good to know geet..

Yup. If there is another switch then nico will face more bad luck with DNF's than hamilton. However, nico beat hamilton twice as much as hamilton beat him in the 2nd half so hopefully for nico's sake that's the only part that repeats itself
By sagi58
Well I wouldn't be much competition for you. I'm bad with predictions.

Me, too!! Don't worry, you can compete with me for last place!! :thumbup:

If history repeats itself then nico seems to have the edge for the title.

just out of curiosity, who won the Merc battle last year :twisted:
Fastest in both practice sessions and getting more life out of his tires and he's not comfortable with his car. :scratchchin:
Lewis Hamilton was not comfortable with his car following Friday practice at the Hungarian Grand Prix and says he has work to do overnight ahead of Saturday's qualifying.
And using less petrol. I've wondered, since he uses less petrol, wether Mercedes fuel him lighter, and on radio 5 live today they said they do. Nico was onto his engineer a lot to ask how he could save fuel.

If history repeats itself then nico seems to have the edge for the title.

just out of curiosity, who won the Merc battle last year :twisted:

lewis :vomit:
^^geet's icon tho :thumbup:

But if history repeats itself,it'll be amazing to see Nico with a championship ,even though I support Lewis.
And by the way if Lewis wins the title,it might create drama within the team

See our F1 related articles too!