FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Well so far I liked about 97% of it. :whip:

Keep up Geet, keep up!! This incident. http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2014/07/04/p ... -red-flag/

You gotta do better than that :P driving a lap and then passing somebody when they move to the side of the track at 38KPH...I think any reasonable person would believe that's an indication of a problem with that car. I see your point tho, rules are rules. When you're leading the championship tho you gotta do bold things :hehe:
Regarding the wheels of the track I amended my post , go check. The point is at one race leniency was allowed and at the other stringency. A rules a rule.

Everyone knows I'm the last person who might jump to the defense of the FiA or race stewards and their implementation of rules and regulations........ however.......

In the case of on/off track, there is no penalty in the rules for going off track, so that, in and of itself is not a problem or an action that should attract any penalty. The penalties only apply to the way a driver "returns" to the track if they do leave the track. If a driver returns in an unsafe way they can be penalized OR if they gain an advantage. Ergo, you cannot say going off the track has any relevance, it is whether there is an advantage gained by the way you come back. Now, in Austria, the stewards said there was an advantage where they were being strict. At Hockenheim they said there was no advantage. There were drivers agreeing with that before the race. So you might say the official in this case were consistent.

Now, I will go on the record and say the rule is stupid and unnecessary. They should make any location where an advantage could be gained by going off have a consequence if the driver does go off, ie ripple strips, kitty litter, anything that will slow the driver down if they do go off - problem solved and no need for officiating. Plus a simplification so the fans can easily understand.
The design of the tracks has made it so. I like Canada... you can go off the track by the wall of champions all you want.
Good luck for Hamilton: Running into two cars and not getting a penalty or severe damage.

Bad luck for Rosberg: Having data used by Hamilton who otherwise thinks it is wrong, wrong, wrong; but since he messed up quali 4 times in a row...
Good luck for Hamilton: Running into two cars and not getting a penalty or severe damage.

Bad luck for Rosberg: Having data used by Hamilton who otherwise thinks it is wrong, wrong, wrong; but since he messed up quali 4 times in a row...

Now we're talkin!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

There were some fantastic battles going on throughout the field in that race. It was fantastic and there was lots of contact by lots of cars yet you think it good luck that Hamilton received no penalty for a racing incident that the other driver hspas acknowledged his fault in? :rofl::rofl:

Yeah let's cut out racing and overtaking what the hells wrong with this sport? What do they think they are? Racing drivers?

Bullsh*t biased post at best. Good to have you back, until Hamiltons next win when you'll do another Houdini.
On the red flag incident. I think there was a clause that the stewards would allow the overtake in exceptional circumstances. Kvyat was driving ridiculously slow (38kph on an F1 track, I hope for his sake he had a problem) and Rosberg passed him having already passed the scene of the red flag and where he knew it was safe.

Monaco I think we'll agree to disagree.

I also agree with spankyham, personally i'd have 5 yards of grass just off track before the tarmac run off. At least you penalise drivers without risking safety. Or wider higher kerbs like at Hockenheim.

Nico has had a couple of bits of good luck, but he has also made good use of them and that is why he is leading the WDC. Canada is an example, yes he had luck that Lewis failed first, but after that it was excellent management from Rosberg that got him points for 2nd.

And Hamilton did get some good luck - his spin at Austria meant Rosberg couldn't improve and forced Nico to start 4th rather than on pole. Had Rosberg been on pole he'd have walked the race.

There were some fantastic battles going on throughout the field in that race. It was fantastic and there was lots of contact by lots of cars yet you think it good luck that Hamilton received no penalty for a racing incident that the other driver hspas acknowledged his fault in? :rofl::rofl:

Yeah let's cut out racing and overtaking what the hells wrong with this sport? What do they think they are? Racing drivers?

Just joking, guys and gals. The overtake was extremely difficult and obviously it takes a lot of skill to control the car under lockups or touching other cars. Perhaps someone else would have crashed totally.

And I'm the last one to want less overtaking, I'd rather see good passing than have someone I cheer for win without any passing.
Last edited by Cyril Sneer Racing on 23 Jul 14, 09:57, edited 1 time in total.
A really skillful driver can nudge other cars to help his own car dynamics

For example the famous case of Kobayashi at the Japanese gp, bleeding speed round corners by literary running into the side of another car, several times. Nothing wrong with using others as braking devices when one is in a big hurry

Now we're talkin!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

How about this:

Lewis has driven through his qualifying MISTAKES quite well, showing maturity and growth. He's LUCKY to have CEREBRAL Rosberg as a LEADER in the FIRST CAR.
No but rabid old mods have locked them before they got really juicy. I'm still grumbling about not seeing the results of the Lewis Haters Club thread RC started in 2008.

See our F1 related articles too!