FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By LH44
Well I think it's fair to say Lewis has been guilty of over driving the car in quali at times. Rosberg has been steady without being spectacular and he saw what can happen when you ovedrive in Q2 so he simply dropped back in Q3 and said thank you very much I'll have pole. I've mentioned before that I think Rosberg runs his car quite lean in quali in all areas when helps him in quali trim but affects his race pace and fuel consumption in particular. The race is Lewis' I feel as is the championship and he just needs to stay calm.
By Roth
lets hope it doesnt refer to the act of posting one thing and then LYING about it :thumbup:

That's it cookie, keep saying I'm a liar. It will change what happened.

It's gutting, I get that. But I realise Hamilton has a psychological weakeness that Nico's exploiting by proxy, and it's pointless denying it.

I never said it was a weakness. I went at great lengths to explain that, and you went to equal lengths ignoring it.

we've seen this before in Hamilton,this psychological weakness we pretend is misfortune.

Again, what's your point? We've been though a discussion in which you accused me of things I never said, failed miserably at an audit, and in the process of your desparation even managed to edit one of my posts to completely change the context? Keep repeating it if it makes you feel better, but the only way this makes sense to you now is if in your head you have once again managed to concoct yet another alternative reality to which you desperately cling just to prove me wrong.
Nico starts the race tomorrow with the tires he locked up big time in Q2 on his first attempt.

Why would he do that, I thought he has a choice to start on either set of tyres during Q2? I'm not clear on this rule though.
Nico starts the race tomorrow with the tires he locked up big time in Q2 on his first attempt.

Why would he do that, I thought he has a choice to start on either set of tyres during Q2? I'm not clear on this rule though.

No it's the set you set your fastest time on. In Q2 he hosed his first run and then set the fast time on his subsequent lap. I'm sure they're not too bad otherwise they would have had him go out for another attempt but that would have meant using yet another set of fresh tires and more use of the engine etc. Nothing Nico won't be able to manage, just thought it was worth while pointing out since it would have been pointed out a half dozen times by now should it have been Lewis.
lets hope it doesnt refer to the act of posting one thing and then LYING about it :thumbup:

That's it cookie, keep saying I'm a liar. It will change what happened.

It's gutting, I get that. But I realise Hamilton has a psychological weakeness that Nico's exploiting by proxy, and it's pointless denying it.

I never said it was a weakness. I went at great lengths to explain that, and you went to equal lengths ignoring it.

we've seen this before in Hamilton,this psychological weakness we pretend is misfortune.

Again, what's your point? We've been though a discussion in which you accused me of things I never said, failed miserably at an audit, and in the process of your desparation even managed to edit one of my posts to completely change the context? Keep repeating it if it makes you feel better, but the only way this makes sense to you now is if in your head you have once again managed to concoct yet another alternative reality to which you desperately cling just to prove me wrong.

Ah, I see, your posts have been modified - thats your position? ok makes sense, we are editing your posts to make it look like you denied saying something you said :thumbup:

So just to be clear, and to put this great misunderstanding behind us

Did you say or mean that Lewis has a mental weakness, or pscyhological weakness, or is mentally weak, or displays mental weakness or exhibits signs of any mental weakness not seen in Nico or Seb or indeed any other driver?

Yes or No pls, blahblahblah is not an option, if you cannot answer this or refuse to, which would allow us to draw a line under it, then it will have to be tested in front of a jury of your peers

Did you say or mean that Lewis has a mental weakness, or pscyhological weakness, or is mentally weak, or displays mental weakness or exhibits signs of any mental weakness not seen in Nico or Seb or indeed any other driver?

Yes or No pls, blahblahblah is not an option, if you cannot answer this or refuse to, which would allow us to draw a line under it, then it will have to be tested in front of a jury of your peers

Seems that David Coulthard has entered this conversation with his comments in Q3 today saying that Hamilton in particular has shown difficulty with pressure in a number of Q3's this season when he has needed to respond. A weakness when in pressure situations? certainly Coulthard is seeing that.

Seems that David Coulthard has entered this conversation with his comments in Q3 today saying that Hamilton in particular has shown difficulty with pressure in a number of Q3's this season when he has needed to respond. A weakness when in pressure situations? certainly Coulthard is seeing that.

A weakness getting poles sound serious. Rosberg however has a weakness turning poles into wins, did David Coulthard mention that? Let's see who's weakness shines through tomorrow. :thumbup:

Boosty, please explain which is the more important part of the weekend - Q3 or the Race?

Please explain as well, would you prefer to have 10 wins at this stage of the season or half of that?

Also please explain where would you rather be tomorrow, 17 points behind or ahead....oh wait you prefer behind since there is no pressure and winning the race is a piece of cake while coming in 2nd in the same car is more difficult. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

A weakness getting poles sound serious. Rosberg however has a weakness turning poles into wins, did David Coulthard mention that? Let's see who's weakness shines through tomorrow. :thumbup:

Having claimed P2 all Hamilton has to do tomorrow is to stay ahead of the nearest Williams, the should be able to do that without too much effort.

Having claimed P2 all Hamilton has to do tomorrow is to stay ahead of the nearest Williams, the should be able to do that without too much effort.

Exactly as he was 47 seconds ahead of an inspired Massa two weeks ago in Brazil.

Well I dont know how smart a guy with a square head can truly be, yet I am willing to give him benefit of doubt that he didnt hear Totos words when interviewing him, but your argument is complete :bs:
because Toto confirmed that the 2 drivers setup with race or quali in mind

Therefroe a perfect quali setup will ALWAYS allow you to drive the car with less understeer or lockups etc that you might encounter in a full loaded and fueled car in race conditions

So to make it easier for you to understand - the car rideheight and brake bias and roll bar and other settings can be optimised for low fuel precise quali conditions, if the same car is set up with race conditions in mind then we would expect to see EXACTLY the same time losing characteristics in the car that we have seen with Lewis many many times now in quali.
Simply put Nico finds the optimum setup for each Q3 and then has that during the race whereas Lewis doesnt bother with the perfect Q3 setup for that particular 10minutes because he can adapt to whatever happens in the race with his ability

He dont give a sh!t about quali cos Nico gon get spanked anyways

But I dont expect you to understand this, Coulthard cant and you understand Coulthard :thumbup:
From the horses mouth

But Hamilton retorted: “I don’t really pay much attention to him. If I made any mistakes it will be the same amount as him. He had to do an extra lap on the race tyre, which will probably have an effect, whereas my tyres are perfect for the race. There’s been very, very few mistakes through the year, so I’m not worried.

So Lewis says theres been very very few mistakes through the year, i.e Nico makes his mistakes in the race as a result of taking everything out on Saturday

For example todays quali, the clever Nico, in going for quali glory has damaged his race tyre, whereas the under pressure by not ruining his race tyre was able to do his final setup changes for the race before the Q3 final run on tyres he wouldnt be starting on so it didnt matter if he ragged them trying to beat Nico on his quali optimised setup

This makes perfect sense now and is exactly in line with the understated smartness Lewis has played on Nico especially in places like Austin and Bharain.
By Roth

You keep changing the goalposts, so your accustions aren't uniform. If you want to trawl through the original discussion and try and figure it out once again, be my guest. You've had two attempts at it and not quite understood (or failed miserably, depending on generosity levels) the nuances of the discussion. But keep on trotting out the slogans like a dimwitted politician, at least you're keeping your constituants amused.

See our F1 related articles too!