FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
It's pretty hard to remain a rook for 7 years :thumbup:

Yeah time flies. Next season assuming Button is replaced by Alonso and retires then Hamilton will be the 4th oldest driver on the grid.

A senior statesman!
Whats that gotta do with how his inefficiency at the last race in 2007, his rookie season has a bearing on his belief that he is better prepared and therefore not under pressure??

You need to embrace and deal with your Mea Culpa before stumbling on to the next one :thumbup:
The words of a driver who had the ability to spank his WDC teammate in Monaco qualy by ONE AND A HALF SECONDS- I doubt the thickoz will understand but for everyone else

“I am not designed to finish second or third, I am designed to win.”

Where Senna crashed out and Prost won? That Monaco GP?

You don't get points for Saturday. Or hubris.

It wasnt about who scored more points that weekend, rather it was more an illustration of the fact that the greatest drivers are on an entirely different space when it comes to things such as the next race in Abu Double

The lucky, or the lame, or the :duckie: would be happy to do what the lowest common denominator fan would do - settle for second

But the great drivers and their fans have a different approach to racing, things like points and titles and fastest laps and driving for a mythical team - these are opiates for the feebly parametered evolutionary programmed non win facilitators (Ron speak)

To win is the destiny of the winner

to moan is the destiny of the winners competitors :thumbup:
Whats that gotta do with how his inefficiency at the last race in 2007, his rookie season has a bearing on his belief that he is better prepared and therefore not under pressure??

You need to embrace and deal with your Mea Culpa before stumbling on to the next one :thumbup:

Don't get too excited there cooking, it is just a general comment. :rolleyes: The only culpa's needed that I've noted of late seem to belong to you. :wink:

Anyway looking at 2nd practice today though it appears that the Mercedes dominance is even stronger at Abu Dhabi so barring a qually disaster for the Merc's the it will be another boring 2014 style race with the predictable outcome.
Last edited by overboost on 22 Nov 14, 00:08, edited 2 times in total.
By Roth

So if Nico wins it's his destiny? That's super sweet, especially coming from you.

So if Nico wins it's his destiny? That's super sweet, especially coming from you.

If Nico wins, then Hamilton will be stronger for next season and hopefully wont have so many issues like dropping 25 points because of his teammates lack of racecraft

Dont know what sweet or even supersweet has to do with a winners takes all race on Sunday, lets hope it doesnt refer to the act of posting one thing and then LYING about it :thumbup:
By Roth
lets hope it doesnt refer to the act of posting one thing and then LYING about it :thumbup:

That's it cookie, keep saying I'm a liar. It will change what happened.
I'm with you Roth, when someone doesn't have a clue that they're contradicting themselves - I find it hard pressed calling him a liar.
"I'm in the best place in my whole life. I'm with the best team, I've got the best car, I'm in the best shape - I'm excited, man. I'm excited.

"The last time I went into the championship (decider), the last two times (in 2007 and 2008), I was probably nervous.

"It's a lot different this time. I'm excited about it. That's a huge difference.

"It's like being a kid at Christmas, it's just that I need to control that excitement. I don't have any problems with that."
lets hope it doesnt refer to the act of posting one thing and then LYING about it :thumbup:

That's it cookie, keep saying I'm a liar. It will change what happened.

It's gutting, I get that. But I realise Hamilton has a psychological weakeness that Nico's exploiting by proxy, and it's pointless denying it.

I never said it was a weakness. I went at great lengths to explain that, and you went to equal lengths ignoring it.

we've seen this before in Hamilton,this psychological weakness we pretend is misfortune.
stop saying calling Roth a liar, he's technically right, when he posted those things, he didn't highlight them in red nor did he underline them. See... :whip:
Nico has done a darn good job in qualifying this year it has to be said. 12-7 in his favour.
I agree, it's been a pretty good challenge to Hammy, I wouldn't go as far as giving Nico credit for a car fire and a blown brake for Lewis but the numbers remain. We won't even get into Monaco. Regardless of what happens tomorrow, Nico's turn of poles into wins is about 30% and Lewis' poles to win ratio is 100% when he hasn't DNF'd due to car failure.

Congratulations to Nico on that pole trophy though, I hope it's a good consolation prize for the season because he did earn it.
stop saying calling Roth a liar, he's technically right, when he posted those things, he didn't highlight them in red nor did he underline them. See... :whip:

damn, you are right, also the fact he spelt the word as weakeness and not weakness on one occasion means I dont have a leg to stand on :irked:

See our F1 related articles too!