FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
To overboost, Lewis didn't lose 2007 through pressure, he lost it through a dumb McLaren strategy call by leaving him out there on bald tyres despite Bridgestone advising McLaren to bring him in. The gearbox glitch came at the wrong time too. In 2008 he was fine, he was 4th with Vettel 5th right behind him and safe from 6th place until the rain came. Glock gambling on slicks only made the championship more nail biting.
Yeah :hehe: that's classic! :D
Glock gambling on slicks only made the championship more nail biting.

Hamilton was still ok despite that as he was ahead of Vettel in 5th, but under pressure from Vettel he made a mistake at the last corner with 2 laps to go.
Buttons reaction to Nico's jibe at Lewis is priceless....

[youtube]s372iZKMdAU[/youtube]

A really dumb blonde thing to say considering the circumstances this season, further proving why Webber nicknamed him Britney.
I Love sniff petrol!
I have another one they could haves put on that list........
Number of yellow teeth.

Hamilton - 0 Rosberg- at least 4
To overboost, Lewis didn't lose 2007 through pressure, he lost it through a dumb McLaren strategy call by leaving him out there on bald tyres despite Bridgestone advising McLaren to bring him in. The gearbox glitch came at the wrong time too. In 2008 he was fine, he was 4th with Vettel 5th right behind him and safe from 6th place until the rain came. Glock gambling on slicks only made the championship more nail biting.

That race in Brazil was all about failure brought on by pressure. Hamilton got a slow start, he then put the car off trying to go past Alonso (unnecessarily) on the outside of turn 3, four laps later he put the car off again while behind Heidfeld bouncing the back end of the car hard on the curb which likely played a part in the transmission glitch a lap later, and then he needed help having to be led through the transmission reset procedure.

Pressure of a final championship deciding race must be different than the rest and I would have thought that Hamilton of all the drivers would have learned this after his experiences. Just a little surprised by his comments really that the pressure isn't really a factor this weekend. Perhaps it is just bravado and he is behind the scenes he is on top of things. We shall see.

That race in Brazil was all about failure brought on by pressure. Hamilton got a slow start, he then put the car off trying to go past Alonso (unnecessarily) on the outside of turn 3, four laps later he put the car off again while behind Heidfeld bouncing the back end of the car hard on the curb which likely played a part in the transmission glitch a lap later, and then he needed help having to be led through the transmission reset procedure.

Pressure of a final championship deciding race must be different than the rest and I would have thought that Hamilton of all the drivers would have learned this after his experiences. Just a little surprised by his comments really that the pressure isn't really a factor this weekend. Perhaps it is just bravado and he is behind the scenes he is on top of things. We shall see.

The reason you're surprised is because you obviously support less talented drivers. This guy has the skills to treat it as just another day at the office. I do hope still to see Nico getting pole and taking that lead and then defending. Nico has proven to be a very very sloppy defender, often making multiple moves (which inexplicably he's never been penalized for) and causing Lewis to crash into him. That would immediately start my celebrations and it would be a shame if it happened to be only be the third or fourth lap of the race. That would be a real shame.
Its funny how these guys just dont bother with logic. Lewis has explained exactly how he is going to approach the weekend and has explained how he has factored in his previous experiences. yet this is ignored and the sayings of Massa ( :rofl: ) is actually posted as proof that an F1 driver would be stressed in this situation

MASSA!!!!!! - hahah

and the funniest thing is that Massa actually says Nico is the one who needs to conquer his fear and overcome the stress by 'just doing what he can'

And we can actually read posts from those who say to 'suppress and overcome stress and tension with an almost Buddah inspired calmness and acceptance of the unknown' is 'worrying' because it means Lewis hasnt learnt from his experience
- If he had he would be panicky and saying the most stupid and blatantly desperate things in the pressy to get the media posting crap

We need to be grateful to these 'fallacy generators' - at least they allow us to rough them up a little - before joining the others in silence as they contemplate the next year with the HDL taking the chairman seat as the chief whip of the F1 circus :hehe:
The words of a driver who had the ability to spank his WDC teammate in Monaco qualy by ONE AND A HALF SECONDS- I doubt the thickoz will understand but for everyone else

“I am not designed to finish second or third, I am designed to win.”
By Roth
The words of a driver who had the ability to spank his WDC teammate in Monaco qualy by ONE AND A HALF SECONDS- I doubt the thickoz will understand but for everyone else

“I am not designed to finish second or third, I am designed to win.”

Where Senna crashed out and Prost won? That Monaco GP?

You don't get points for Saturday. Or hubris.

See our F1 related articles too!