FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Nico rightly says he is not going to give up the fight till the end

http://www.*censored*.net/news/rosberg-wont-give-up-title-fight/44169/

Interesting thing is that he is no longer mentioning his bad luck with mechanical issues or how he is dissapointed not to have regained his lead. Instead he now hopes they can provide entertainment to the fans till the end.

Good boy Nico, give your teammate a hard but fair fight all the way :thumbup:

Rosberg 'won't give up' title fight
By Phillip Horton on Monday, October 27, 2014

Nico Rosberg says he will keep pushing until the chequered flag falls in Abu Dhabi as he targets his maiden Formula 1 title.
Rosberg led Mercedes team-mate Lewis Hamilton by 29 points after the Belgian Grand Prix but four straight wins for the Brit has enabled him to turn the tables and open up a 17 point lead at the head of the standings.
But Rosberg, victor of four races in 2014, says he will keep pushing.
"We [now] target a big finish to the season in the final three races," he said.
"It's still all to play for in the battle for the Drivers' Championship and I won't be giving up the fight until the flag drops in Abu Dhabi. Hopefully we can keep the entertainment going right to the end for the fans out there enjoying the contest.
"The first step comes in Austin, which is a really cool city and a great race track. I haven't had the best races there so far, but I'm determined to change that this year."
Rosberg added that he was proud to be part of a Mercedes squad which clinched its first Constructors' Championship at the last race in Russia.
"Being back at Brackley and Brixworth with a Constructors' Championship title for Mercedes-Benz - the first one ever, of course - and celebrating with all the people I've watched working flat-out, day and night for nearly five years to achieve this goal - it was just fantastic," he said.
"I'm really proud to be a part of this team along with all the great people within it, so it's great to see them get such a reward for all their efforts."
By sagi58
...Fact is anyone complaining about this year not being exciting is just another butthurt fan of some team/driver which has been made to look mediocre along with the rest of everyone else. Some just find it harder to accept than others.

It's not actually a competition when the winner is one of the two drivers of the same team, is it?
You can rationalize it, explain it, defend it anyway which way you like and you can use whatever
"butthurt" adjectives you like, in the end, it's one team winning all season.
One team saying no to anyone else catching up. One team pulling the strings.

It wasn't acceptable to most fans when it was Ferrari, why should it now be acceptable that it's Mercedes?
Oh, wait... :banghead: I should have known, it's all in the title of the thread!!
By LRW
One team pulling the strings.

No, Ferrari """pulled strings""" in a totally unsporting and corrupt way by having the FiA in their pocket.

Mercedes have just been better at designing a car - and having two racers that can race.
It's not actually a competition when the winner is one of the two drivers of the same team, is it?
You can rationalize it, explain it, defend it anyway which way you like and you can use whatever

:doh: a winner means there was a competition
:doh: there are actually 2 competitions - WCC AND WDC
Someone who actually has something to say reckons F1 needs to make it clearer to the F1 followers who dont know anything that racing for most people is about the competition between the drivers
Epstein added: “F1 has got to make the sport about personalities. That’s what Nascar does very well. Formula One can learn a lot from Nascar, from Hollywood. People connect with people. They don’t connect with metal. I would encourage the teams to make a priority the accessibility that the fans have to the drivers.

“Look at Lewis Hamilton. F1 should get him out there as much as they can, because he’s a great driver and a very good ambassador. The more Mercedes let him step out and be himself, the better. He’s an incredibly marketable guy. FI could look at the model of [US] PGA golfers, who have got really close to their fans.”
By sagi58
That's ONE opinion. I don't have to buy into it, now do I?
Unless, of course, I'm not supposed to think for myself?
Now, where did I hear that...
That's ONE opinion. I don't have to buy into it, now do I?
Unless, of course, I'm not supposed to think for myself?
Now, where did I hear that...

OPINION

FACTS
:doh: a winner means there was a competition
:doh: there are actually 2 competitions - WCC AND WDC
in the end, it's one team winning all season.

Emm...Sagi, Red Bull, to be more specific, Ricciardo won three races this year. Bottas came close, save for the fact that Williams had a horrible strategy and got him mired in traffic so he lost out. It hasn't been as you say, Mercedes winning all season. And to be frank (I've said this before), it's not Mercedes' fault they got it all right. It's Ferrari and the rest who are all at fault for getting it so very wrong...that is, if you want to apportion blame, of course. :yes:
Everyone has different ways of appreciating F1, its probably best to let those who are enjoying the season to get on with it, and those that arent will surely start to enjoy it or try other sports. Cant force those who dont enjoy it to keep watching

Some people even find a races boring without actually having watching it at all

It takes all sorts to make the world go round :thumbup:
I've personally been enjoying the season on and off the track. Looking forward to 2015, because of course anyone that doesn't show up with a more competitive car has only themselves to blame.
...Fact is anyone complaining about this year not being exciting is just another butthurt fan of some team/driver which has been made to look mediocre along with the rest of everyone else. Some just find it harder to accept than others.

One team saying no to anyone else catching up. One team pulling the strings.

It wasn't acceptable to most fans when it was Ferrari, why should it now be acceptable that it's Mercedes?
Oh, wait... :banghead: I should have known, it's all in the title of the thread!!

Lol

Definition of competition - More than 1 individual competing for a prize.

Mercedes has had more than 1 individual competing for a prize = WDC

Ferrari never had that, ever. The closest they came was in 2008....and that died way before the season closing.

So you are indeed completely BUTTHURT that the boys doing the winning aren't wearing a butt ugly red colour, instead wearing silver and sweeping trophies between themselves. We HAVE seen racing, crashes, politics between these two teammates both on and off track but of course...you're blind to it since they aren't wearing a butt ugly red colour.

That's YOUR problem, not anyone else's or F1s.
Nico Rosberg says the gloves can come off completely in his duel with Lewis Hamilton at the United States Grand Prix now Mercedes has wrapped up the constructors' championship.

Rosberg collided with Hamilton in Belgium, an incident which earned the German an internal punishment, with Mercedes making it clear after that the constructors' championship had to be the priority even though its drivers were free to race. Mercedes wrapped up that title in Russia and now Rosberg has set his sights on overcoming Hamilton's 17-point lead in the final three races.

"It's going to take three good races, for sure, three strong races," Rosberg said. "That is the way to do it in my own power so that's what I'm focusing on, getting the most out of it and there are still points to be made - I'm only 17 behind so it's a good opportunity.

thats not what I think is it :yikes: ...nah....couldnt be :spaz: .....no chance......

nah, thats just silly, like this article
Lewis Hamilton has been warned Nico Rosberg may try to ram his way to title glory, writes Byron Young in Austin.

That is the message from Mercedes boss Niki Lauda ahead of Sunday’s US Grand Prix here in Texas.

The Mercedes teammates are free to race as hard as they like for the last three rounds as long as they do not collide.

But hard-bitten racer boss Lauda admitted anything could happen when it gets to the final round in Abu Dhabi next month.

“No racer plans to hit another in the car,” said the legendary Austrian. “Moreover, the two have understood since Spa after the many discussions we’ve had, what is at stake at Mercedes.

“They can fight against each other but not hit each other. That’s the premise.

No racer plans to hit another in the car, but only those with exceptional racecraft are able to achieve it when attempting a last ditch stand
Hamilton 10-4 Rosberg on race wins now. Can see who is most deserving of the title this season.

Rosberg has had the edge on Saturdays, but points are handed out on Sundays and Hamilton has been better in races this season!
Hamilton 10-4 Rosberg on race wins now. Can see who is most deserving of the title this season.

Rosberg has had the edge on Saturdays, but points are handed out on Sundays and Hamilton has been better in races this season!

I know posting that made you vomit up just a little but great job on calling it as you see it. It's hard to deny the obvious yet so many people choose to do just that.

See our F1 related articles too!