FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Sadly victory this season will seem hollow no matter which driver takes it.

Speak for yourself!

...for me your tears of sadness are like dewdrops in the morning sunshine. Your despair is like a breeze that brings the smell of fresh lilacs to awaken my senses. I revel in your sorrow and gain strength from each of your ever more despondent posts. :cloud9:

Speak for yourself!

...for me your tears of sadness are like dewdrops in the morning sunshine. Your despair is like a breeze that brings the smell of fresh lilacs to awaken my senses. I revel in your sorrow and gain strength from each of your ever more despondent posts. :cloud9:

Good lord, WB...keep that bit up and we'll soon hear of some man standing out on a ledge of a high-rise mumbling something about Nico Rosberg smelling like lilac in the morning sunshine.
If you where going to write a Hollywood script of the season you would it would be written that Nico won the double pointer.

Not that I am saying uncle Bernie scripts F1 races (again)
I have a feeling that the double points rule is going to be the difference
Truth be told, you will only hear utter rage if Nico wins

I agree that the double points may make the difference, and I agree that if it does there will be rage. It won't be a hollow victory if Lewis wins the championship, he will have deserved it. Why? Take a look at these statistics. ( apologies in advance if I've got any wrong . I'm not a number person)

Results so far.

HAM: 1st x 9, 2nd x 2, 3rd x 2, RET x 3
ROS: 1st x 4, 2nd x 9, 4th x 1, RET x 2

Hamilton's lowest finishing position is third, Rosberg's is fourth. That's all the more startling when you look at the positions they started from on the grid.

HAM: 1st x 7, 2nd x 4, ( 6th, 9th, 16th, 22nd)
ROS: 1st x 7, 2nd x 4 ( 3rd, 4th)
You can just FEEL the sheer butthurt in overboost's posts, almost makes me feel sorry for the poor sucker.
OMYGOD! Is that what I think it is ? It looks gross!
Its gonna be easier to understand OBs posts now we have that image to frame the context. Although its easy to see why he didnt just make it his avatar in the first place :eek:
Its gonna be easier to understand OBs posts now we have that image to frame the context. Although its easy to see why he didnt just make it his avatar in the first place :eek:

Why would I or anyone else want to have wb's butt hole as an avatar?

From that picture I think wb needs medical attention, quickly. :eek:

Why would I or anyone else want to have wb's butt hole as an avatar?

From that picture I think wb needs medical attention, quickly. :eek:

Aww never mind OB, try take your mind off it

I have a feeling that the double points rule is going to be the difference
Truth be told, you will only hear utter rage if Nico wins

I agree that the double points may make the difference, and I agree that if it does there will be rage. It won't be a hollow victory if Lewis wins the championship, he will have deserved it. Why? Take a look at these statistics. ( apologies in advance if I've got any wrong . I'm not a number person)

Results so far.

HAM: 1st x 9, 2nd x 2, 3rd x 2, RET x 3
ROS: 1st x 4, 2nd x 9, 4th x 1, RET x 2

Hamilton's lowest finishing position is third, Rosberg's is fourth. That's all the more startling when you look at the positions they started from on the grid.

HAM: 1st x 7, 2nd x 4, ( 6th, 9th, 16th, 22nd)
ROS: 1st x 7, 2nd x 4 ( 3rd, 4th)

Hollow in the way that this season is and was from the very start was just a contest between two drivers. The wdc was no contest and the winner was basically known before preseason testing was completed.

The dismal and now generally forgotten 2009 was very similar to this season except in the second half the other teams were able to become competitive and Vettel, Hamilton, Raikkonen and Webber took victories.

This season any meaningful development is frozen with Merc holding a veto to prevent competition and there is no possible resurgence. So while as you correctly point out the inter-team battle will have merit, overall both Nico and Hamilton know (as potential world champions) that almost any other pair driving for the have not teams all the way down to Kobayashi would be winning the races and would only need to beat one man to be champ of the world. A hollow victory imo where the rest of the field is not permitted to fight.

The only bright spot in 2014 is the emergence of Ricciardo (similar to Vettel with his 4 victories in 2009) who imo is the future star of F1 and who was able to pick up all the scraps left behind by Merc.

ps. Somehow your quote above includes another poster's comments, mistakenly attributed to me, about double points and Nico winning!
Last edited by overboost on 24 Oct 14, 20:20, edited 1 time in total.
Hollow in the way that this season is and was from the very start was just a contest between two drivers. The wdc was no contest and the winner was basically known before preseason testing was completed..

You are gonna need some headache tablets to go with the salve OB, you are starting to sound incoherent. You are not foaming at the mouth (or other orifices) are you :yikes:

A contest between 2 drivers in not a contest???? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

We have seen members change sides and contradict themselves with an entire post. But within a chapter is truly a milestone :thumbup:

Ok, lets go slowly, get comfortable (maybe dont sit on a hard chair)

A contest is a form of competition or competitive endeavor

Competition is the opposite of cooperation.[1][2] It arises whenever at least two parties strive for a goal which cannot be shared or which is desired individually but not in sharing and cooperation

So an contest needs 2 protagonists - one wins the other :loser: looses. There can be only 1 winner. In a race no matter how many protagoniosts there can only be ONE winner, therefore as long as there is at least 2 COMPETITORS it is a contest.

Now OB, you wouldnt go to a boxing match and complain that there was ....forget that (you would be right in most cases :hehe: )

Ok so F1 2014 is like a knock out competition, the weak hands got dusted earlier, leaving the 2 guys who are smartest and most successful at being F1 drivers in 2014

keep em coming OB! no one likes a 1 line hit and run hater - you are like the gift that keeps handing its arse out :thumbup:
Hollow in the way that this season is and was from the very start was just a contest between two drivers. The wdc was no contest and the winner was basically known before preseason testing was completed..

You are gonna need some headache tablets to go with the salve OB, you are starting to sound incoherent. You are not foaming at the mouth (or other orifices) are you :yikes:

A contest between 2 drivers in not a contest???? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

We have seen members change sides and contradict themselves with an entire post. But within a chapter is truly a milestone :thumbup:

Ok, lets go slowly, get comfortable (maybe dont sit on a hard chair)

A contest is a form of competition or competitive endeavor

Competition is the opposite of cooperation.[1][2] It arises whenever at least two parties strive for a goal which cannot be shared or which is desired individually but not in sharing and cooperation

So an contest needs 2 protagonists - one wins the other :loser: looses. There can be only 1 winner. In a race no matter how many protagoniosts there can only be ONE winner, therefore as long as there is at least 2 COMPETITORS it is a contest.

Now OB, you wouldnt go to a boxing match and complain that there was ....forget that (you would be right in most cases :hehe: )

Ok so F1 2014 is like a knock out competition, the weak hands got dusted earlier, leaving the 2 guys who are smartest and most successful at being F1 drivers in 2014

keep em coming OB! no one likes a 1 line hit and run hater - you are like the gift that keeps handing its arse out :thumbup:

If this is a boxing match then it is the equivalent of two boxers who are not the best boxers both with the same coach and only allowed to hit each other with their purses. Yes you can 'fight' but don't get too close to the other guy!

No wonder they needed the Abu Dhabi double to try and make this interesting.

The smartest and most successful drivers are driving for the have not teams, not allowed into your exclusive ring to fight. :wink:
okok OB, like i said at least you are prepared to behave like you are standing by something you truly believe in, even if a touch unbelievable :clap:

please stick around for November :thumbup:
Overboost you say "A hollow victory imo where the rest of the field is not permitted to fight."
Not permitted to fight ? How so? The car designers design a car , under the same rules and the drivers drive it as fast as they can, luck and misfortune play their part and we get a champion at the end of the year. How are 'the rest' no permitted to fight? :confused:

See our F1 related articles too!