FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Praiseth be the day when the Pied Piper of Hamelin retires and we won't have to endure the perpetual whining of his followers anymore! :clap:

which part of sports fanatic do you not understand The term sports fan doesnt stand for sports coldly unemotional supporter or sports psychological model human being IT stands for sports FANATIC - they feel unfairness and cheating and sneakiness :rolleyes:

Where did I use sports fanatics in my post? :confused:
praiseth be the day when a certain corrupt sport dies a death and we dont have to put up with the hypocrisy of its followers anymore

Hm, why are you following the corrupt sport then? :confused:

We are all complicit in its corruption by following it, just as we are all complicit in the immoral actions of the governments we vote for, doesnt however mean we have to bite the hand that feeds us on one hand or stay silent about it on the other hand

But that's exactly what you are doing (the biting the hand that feeds you bit) by wishing that the sport dies...
Why is it that the sport can't seem to put together a German driver and a dominant car in a combination people like?
Why is it that the sport can't seem to put together a German driver and a dominant car in a combination people like?

Because the sport has British roots and the British press is full of jingoism?
praiseth be the day when a certain corrupt sport dies a death and we dont have to put up with the hypocrisy of its followers anymore

We are all complicit in its corruption by following it, just as we are all complicit in the immoral actions of the governments we vote for, doesnt however mean we have to bite the hand that feeds us on one hand or stay silent about it on the other hand

But that's exactly what you are doing (the biting the hand that feeds you bit) by wishing that the sport dies...

my statement was an ironic take on your own 'biting the hand that feeds you' - namely how the sports and forums were about to die till a certain Hamelinian turned it around, and without him to b!cth about the sport and media and forums would have nothing to feed on - somehow I doubt Nico or Seb will provide the sustained interest in F1 required to overcome the high prices and gimmicks
but then situations like the SC car not being deployed in Germany don't neatly fit the jingoistic stereotype. Seriously, what are the chances that the last two drivers to be soundly booed on the podium are both German and they've both made excuses about British fans when the podium they're standing on is not in the UK.
but then situations like the SC car not being deployed in Germany don't neatly fit the jingoistic stereotype. Seriously, what are the chances that the last two drivers to be soundly booed on the podium are both German and they've both made excuses about British fans when the podium they're standing on is not in the UK.

I think British fans and in particular LH fans are quite mobile and it doesn't require many voices to hear a boo.
By LRW
Spa is quite a big draw to UK fans - cost and distance wise. I wouldn't be surprised a large number of the people booing were British.
Praiseth be the day when the Pied Piper of Hamelin retires and we won't have to endure the perpetual whining of his followers anymore! :clap:

which part of sports fanatic do you not understand The term sports fan doesnt stand for sports coldly unemotional supporter or sports psychological model human being IT stands for sports FANATIC - they feel unfairness and cheating and sneakiness :rolleyes:

I saw what you did there young man :clap:

my statement was an ironic take on your own 'biting the hand that feeds you' - namely how the sports and forums were about to die till a certain Hamelinian turned it around, and without him to b!cth about the sport and media and forums would have nothing to feed on - somehow I doubt Nico or Seb will provide the sustained interest in F1 required to overcome the high prices and gimmicks

There are so many other interesting figures to talk about such as DR, VB, etc., but they simply get drowned out by the constant clamoring about LH.
To wish for the death of the sport, even if in jest, is not really constructive criticism that would move things in a different direction.
That or simply that Lewis Hamilton is globally one of the most popular drivers on the grid. But still, it's not like British fans were actively booing Vettel, he didn't have a real Brit challenger in his four year run.
By LRW

Time of the month ?;)

There are so many other interesting figures to talk about such as DR, VB, etc., but they simply get drowned out by the constant clamoring about LH.
To wish for the death of the sport, even if in jest, is not really constructive criticism that would move things in a different direction.

Top flight racing will not die even if the corrupt manifestation known as FOM does. There are many out there who actively wish for the passing of this entity, including most of the teams themselves as evidenced by the serious breakaway attempts foiled only by those teams that are fully integrated in its corruption

Time of the month ? ;)

The week.

Time of the month ?;)

Yeah honey, and you'd better watch out, I might say Caracas instead of Mallorca while finishing you off :twisted:

See our F1 related articles too!