FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By Roth
Is it supposed to be some sort of revelation, that I even wrote this? You're bringing something up we've already discussed and disagreed on. Do you think bringing it up again will make me reconsider?

I don't see what you're getting at. Well, that's not strictly true, you're saying it was a ridiculous statement and that's why we're irrationally castigating somebody who disagrees with us.

No, you're not saying that either. What are you saying? That I shouldn't write it because it's not true? And it's not true because you say it isn't, because you know better than me?

And that if I try to find articles saying F1 drivers can be affected by stress, just to put it out there that they are human not deitys, it's a lot of psychobabble.

You can't point blank refute my points simply because they don't gel with yours.
Excuse me... I'm not refuting your enlightened points, I asked merely how they relate to today's events. I politely asked for and was eagerly waiting for your rationale.

You carry on though, I' believe my work here is done. :)
By Roth
Excuse me... I'm not refuting your enlightened points, I asked merely how they relate to today's events. I politely asked for and was eagerly waiting for your rationale.

You carry on though, I' believe my work here is done. :)

No, you were being sarcastic and making the assumption that I will always find a fault in everything Hamilton does.

Really, just stop typing. You're clearly not stupid, you write interesting posts most of the time, but you don't do needling very well.
Is it supposed to be some sort of revelation, that I even wrote this? You're bringing something up we've already discussed and disagreed on. Do you think bringing it up again will make me reconsider?

I don't see what you're getting at. Well, that's not strictly true, you're saying it was a ridiculous statement and that's why we're irrationally castigating somebody who disagrees with us.

No, you're not saying that either. What are you saying? That I shouldn't write it because it's not true? And it's not true because you say it isn't, because you know better than me?

And that if I try to find articles saying F1 drivers can be affected by stress, just to put it out there that they are human not deitys, it's a lot of psychobabble.

You can't point blank refute my points simply because they don't gel with yours.

Nope, but we can ridicule them as we would if you had turned up saying you KNEW that Lewis turned into a werewolf at night, and we should just accept it cos you said so. Actually thats not outlandish enough as saying Lewis has an established mental health issue that means Nico doesnt have to be faster or better to beat him.
Whats really scary is after a race that Lewis then goes from the back to 3rd, you find things like his 'raggedness, desperation and sloppyness' to back up your fairy tale and then a week later when he goes from the pit to 3rd beating the somewhat rattled Nico enroute, you decide your fairy tale is off limits just because and any further discussion would be stopping you from having your own 'opinion'

Ok, you have drawn the line in the sand and basically said 'this is me, thats who I am, let that be my credibility'

So why would you be surprised when you become a byword for F1 fairy tale telling

I am gonna do a Roth - 'Seb has destroyed his teammate psychologically by out qualifying him in Hungary' (anyone pointing out what a load of toss that is based on the evidence is preventing me from saying my opinion, and I want some debate with people who agree and I dont want to be challenged on it and i dont want to be ridiculed and I am going to go on google and find some articles about pyschology and post them - I am sure at least one persons eyes will glaze over with the psychobabble and i will have credibility)

'you cant point blank refute my points because they dont gel with yours'?

nope but I can show its a bunch of toss by producing facts that you have no answer to and wont even address or acknowledge

Roth 'did Lewis show his mental weakness today Yes or No?' - blahdeblahdeblahedementalwekanesspsychobabbleblahbalh

:deadhorse:
By sagi58
This behaviour is absolutely fascinating!!

It's like being in the school yard and a fight breaks out; but,
when you go looking for a teacher to resolve the issue fairly,
s/he is in the midst of the dispute adding fuel to the fire.

yup... popcorn is in order!
Adults have arguments and disagreements when they are knowledgeable enough about a sports to have opposing views, even teachers can form their own views

Which forum rules exactly do you believe have been broken or are you saying you dont really understand what they are doing but feel like the participants are doing something :yikes:

And there's sweet little innocent you putting out the fire with gasoline, eh?
By sagi58
Adults have arguments and disagreements when they are knowledgeable enough about a sports to have opposing views, even teachers can form their own views

Which forum rules exactly do you believe have been broken or are you saying you dont really understand what they are doing but feel like the participants are doing something :yikes:

Adults are respectful. They don't resort to personal attacks, just because of differences of opinions.
They may not be written forum rules; but, that's how a discussion should be conducted.

Sure, emotions will play a part; but, as adults, even those can be kept in check!!
By sagi58

You'll have to make up your mind, do you want people who don't agree to stand their ground,
or do you want them to run off with their tails between their legs... Can't have it both ways!

You'll have to make up your mind, do you want people who don't agree to stand their ground,
or do you want them to run off with their tails between their legs... Can't have it both ways!

No, I just think people should be accountable for the crap that comes out of their mouth Sagi. Unlike you at least Roth is not being hypocritical about the crap he's said.
And on the Sagi show this evening folks

Adults are respectful. They don't resort to personal attacks, just because of differences of opinions.
They may not be written forum rules; but, that's how a discussion should be conducted.

Adults dont resort to personal attacks (just thermonuclear war once in a while)
Sure, emotions will play a part; but, as adults, even those can be kept in check!!

Emotions can be kept in check (you can buy a gadget in the adult store)
!

The fascination in this behaviour (is because the emotion gadget is working perfectly, nothing to do with rubber necking)
do you want people who don't agree to stand their ground,

Do you want people to stand up and show some emotion like fight or flight
or do you want them to run off with their tails between their legs...

Or do you want them to show some emotion like fight or flight
Can't have it both ways!

Nope, you cant but I can, I can contradict myself in each sentence but Im still way smarter than you because I am so subtle

:rolleyes:

Or do you want them

See our F1 related articles too!