FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By LRW
Praiseth be the day when the Pied Piper of Hamelin retires and we won't have to endure the perpetual whining of his followers anymore! :clap:

Time of the month ?;)

Yeah honey, and you'd better watch out, I might say Caracas instead of Mallorca while finishing you off :twisted:

You think you'd have time to say that log a word. I'd probably be done by the time you say "C...."
Hopefully you chaps are all done with the showboating :yikes: and we can get back to some good old fashioned <edited Jab> bashing
Forum Guidelines - Forumula1.com F1 Forum
* Sexism, ageism, racism, including nationalistic, religious and sexual orientation intolerance.

Sent using NCC-1701
oh common jabs, I work with a lot of these chaps and they never take offence to that term, you do know that the word refers to a real tribe with proud descendants, its exactly the same as saying Celt
Exactly, and Rangers FC, a British football team are proud of the nickname, which comes from some belief that British protestants are German in origin

No one says Atilla the ***
The litmus test... if there a pro sports team with the name, then it MUST be acceptable. Here's an amateur one. https://www.facebook.com/hunsrugby

Having said that, isnt there some big dispute in bumf*ck Alabama or somewhere about the term redskins (which is pretty outrageous in the first place) used by a major league team, or were you trying to pull a fast one :nono:

:hehe:
By ang4f1
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/28928608
David Coulthard gives his two pen'orth about Nico giving Lewis a puncture, and sticks the knife in..

"A couple of years ago he (Lewis) tweeted a picture of confidential information about telemetry, when he had been out qualified :bs: by McLaren team mate Jenson Button at Spa. The only other person to do something to the detriment of the team is Fernando Alonso when he was driving for McLaren. Mercedes has to know that Hamilton has that potential...." :yikes:
What I would say, is DC's comments show why he was nearly a world champion but wasn't one.

9 times out of 10 to win a WDC you have to be ruthless. The exception in recent history is Button and maybe Hill. But look at every other champion in the last 30 years and they have been ruthless.

Prost, Piquet, Senna, Mansell, Schumacher, Villenueve, Hakkinen, Alonso, Raikkonen, Hamilton, Vettel. They are ruthless.

Then look at the nearly men. The likes of Coulthard, Barrichello, Massa, Webber. Could even put Stirling Moss in this category. In team battles at times and in Championship fights they were too nice, they weren't ruthless and these are the fine margins between being good enough to win a world championship and actually winning one.

We saw it at Monaco and now we've seen it at Spa, Rosberg is starting to be ruthless in his approach to racing Lewis knowing he needs to in order to win the championship. The advantage for Lewis is, as DC mentioned, it isnt in Nico's DNA. In my opinion, ruthlessness IS in Lewis' DNA.

Just my couple of pennies worth on DC's comments.
Well I think your use of the word ruthless is misleading Yes Lewis is ruthless through traffic in that he is decisive and efficient. Rosberg On the other hand is dithery and indecisive . He then resorts to unsportsmanlike like behaviour to make up the difference. Lewis doesn't resort to unsportsmanlike behaviour.
Yeah I think Ferrari man meant ruthless, as in being skilled and unforgiving in wheel to wheel battles.

When *ico tries to be 'ruthless' he screws up, or loses out....and for the first time when he lost out he just decided to stick his wing in and crash. Still, this isn't being ruthless, it's being a cheat and a scumbag in the heat of the moment.
Well I think your use of the word ruthless is misleading Yes Lewis is ruthless through traffic in that he is decisive and efficient. Rosberg On the other hand is dithery and indecisive . He then resorts to unsportsmanlike like behaviour to make up the difference. Lewis doesn't resort to unsportsmanlike behaviour.

Apologies, maybe I should have said Rosberg is trying to be ruthless like Hamilton, but he isnt doing it very well as it isnt his style.
Why is it that the sport can't seem to put together a German driver and a dominant car in a combination people like?

Because the sport has British roots and the British press is full of jingoism?

Or some German drivers have a penchant for cheating that does not generally sit well with Brits.
If you'd said the Btitish press is full of bias towards and against certain drivers ( McEvoy as a prime example) I'd have been right with you DD
Cheating, just like other traits knows no borders and is not the domain of any nation our race.

See our F1 related articles too!